Haruka ni Aogi, Uruwashi No Translation Project (Completed)

23 minutes ago, Narcosis said:

And if I paid you, would you?

Nice attitude, by the way.

The attitude is coming from the sense of entitlement in your post considering this is a fan translation.

On my paid projects (only official localisations) people do have a right to get the whole thing translated and you can be damn well sure I've translated every last thing on them.

2 minutes ago, ittaku said:

I'm not. I'm the only person who could be bothered translating this game so I get the right to choose to translate whatever I want, and express what I like about it or not since that's my opinion. I am not obliged to do any fucking thing at all as a fan translator. You can take it or leave it.

I think the solution is to still keep doing the project in the role of an advisor and project overseer, but trying to get some other ppl to work on them if you are too busy to do that. Having the routes entirely untranslated it is maybe a bit mean for those who do want to experience them. You don't have to do them by your own hand, but maybe we should aim to be able to reach completion somewhere down the line. 

@Clephas considering you think it is one of the best Nakige would you be willing to operate as a TLC for a potentially additional project if Ittaku does not want to do that on his own?
After all, Ittaku didn't outright forbid - and how should he do so - for others to complete the project. I think?

1 minute ago, HataVNI said:

I think the solution is to still keep doing the project in the role of an advisor and project overseer, but trying to get some other ppl to work on them if you are too busy to do that. Having the routes entirely untranslated it is maybe a bit mean for those who do want to experience them. You don't have to do them by your own hand, but maybe we should aim to be able to reach completion somewhere down the line. 

@Clephas considering you think it is one of the best Nakige would you be willing to operate as a TLC for a potentially additional project if Ittaku does not want to do that on his own?
After all, Ittaku didn't outright forbid - and how should he do so - for others to complete the project. I think?

I have absolutely no objection to someone taking what's done and completing it; that was always the plan to begin with but the number of fan translators is thin on the ground, and none have followed through in the past. Why would that be any different now?

Just now, ittaku said:

I have absolutely no objection to someone taking what's done and completing it; that was always the plan to begin with but the number of fan translators is thin on the ground, and none have followed through in the past. Why would that be any different now?

I would say it is unpredictable, but the amount of fan translators - while scarce - is not 0. Reaching out to a group that has exactly the interests and have done Pulltop before might yield some results. Alka Translations would come to mind.  @Legendary No-Con or @Tsukishiro might be interested?

We'll see what happens. Since Fuwanovel is back alive things might change very drastically soon. Making fan translations prosper is on our list of goals.

As an answer to the question above, I'm not interested in tlcing the remaining two paths.   I more or less agree with Ittaku about those two paths, from personal experience.  In addition, those two paths are ridiculously long despite the lack of any real content to them, so in this case it really isn't worth the effort.  

It is painful to read those paths, it would be even more painful to have to help translate them.

7 minutes ago, Clephas said:

As an answer to the question above, I'm not interested in tlcing the remaining two paths.   I more or less agree with Ittaku about those two paths, from personal experience.  In addition, those two paths are ridiculously long despite the lack of any real content to them, so in this case it really isn't worth the effort.  

It is painful to read those paths, it would be even more painful to have to help translate them.

Hmmmmmmmm (´;ω;`)

12 hours ago, HataVNI said:

I would say it is unpredictable, but the amount of fan translators - while scarce - is not 0. Reaching out to a group that has exactly the interests and have done Pulltop before might yield some results. Alka Translations would come to mind.  @Legendary No-Con or @Tsukishiro might be interested?

We'll see what happens. Since Fuwanovel is back alive things might change very drastically soon. Making fan translations prosper is on our list of goals.

Keep in mind that Kamishino had over a decade to get translated, and yet it was only finished recently as a passion project.  Moreover, though the initial translation was done some time ago, it was only recently that it was actually released.  I imagine if a potential translator plays the translated version and wants the two remaining paths, it might be a possibility.  However, keep in mind that most fan-translations fall apart for a reason, and those two paths are a prime candidate for manufacturing such a reason (they are unnecessarily long for the actual content contained within the path, as well as having a more H focus than the other four paths).

On 10/11/2022 at 12:35 PM, Clephas said:

No offense but aside from the "fan translation project" you started 10 years ago, massively recruited and abandonned your team right after the very first month, I don't remember you translating aything

4 hours ago, Kirashi said:

No offense but aside from the "fan translation project" you started 10 years ago, massively recruited and abandonned your team right after the very first month, I don't remember you translating aything

I mean just check his userblog for some recent small blurbs of stellar translation work Clephas has made. 

Honestly speaking, as much as entitled as he is for someone who can just read it in Japan, Narcosis here has a point on how the translator should try to translate everything including good and bad parts, so that the fans can make a good judgement on the whole work instead of the fans can only get what the translator perceived as good. That said though, of course we can't force someone to translate the routes that he didn't want to worked on anymore. So in the end I can only say that while it's too bad that Harugi here is still partially translated, we shouldn't force the translator to translate more than what he want to do.

PS - I believe that rather than speculate whether the untranslated routes are good or not, I should give the spoiler in regard of it below (From the translator himself) so that you can judge the routes by yourself. Of course, if you want to read it in Japan then obviously you mustn't open the spoiler.

Spoiler

Both routes involve the girls dedicating themselves to the MC through sex until he realises in the final scene he has to tell them he loves them

In fact it should be noted that 14 out of 20 sex scenes (ie 70% of the scenes) are located on those two untranslated routes alone.

Whether it's good or not I'll leave it to you, but it's should be obvious that what will happen in the rest of the untranslated routes.

Edited by littleshogun