Haruka ni Aogi, Uruwashi No Translation Project (Completed)

Yuuna and Miyabi routes playthrough proofreads complete. No more outstanding bugs are obvious. I've committed quite a few proofread typo fixes, and alas there will probably be quite a few that still make it to the final, but overall it's pretty solid now. Tonoko's route was proofread in the lead up to this so it doesn't need proofreading. A quick play-test shows it works fine to the end.

That leaves only doing a playthrough proofread of Shino's route, and I can then finalise the patch for release. That should hopefully be done within a week, barring finding any new bugs.

8 minutes ago, ittaku said:

And here it is. I'm still blocked from posting on the other subreddit, so r/vns it is.

You're linking to a sus site in that post even though it is just a patch. Are you sure r/vns allows it? Maybe you should upload the patch someone else or in a google drive? Anyways, big thanks for finishing this thing. Many people will probably appreciate and play it.

Edit: The link links straight to the file and not to the site so I think it should be ok.... Consider an url shortener of sorts maybe.

21 minutes ago, Novel21 said:

Congrats with release patch and I'm going to play VN.

It's 2 remained route not important since it's not translated? 

I understand which you guys didn't translated 2 remained route in English. 

I'm really looking forward to play this VN.

The 2 routes are not that good. It's explained in the announcement post.

It's finally released! I feel pretty emotional about this, since it was my first ever editing job. I'm so grateful to both VS and Ittaku for letting me work on this project and allowing me to get my foot into the industry. (I doubt I would've had my current job if I hadn't worked on this and met the people I've met through it.)

To recap, I worked on the prologue, the main school common branch, and Miyabi's route. Unfortunately, due to time constraints (and the fact that I worked very slowly), I wasn't able to work on Tonoko's route, but I'm sure it'll still be great!

I also want to thank Marche100 for helping me out by editing the branch school common route, Yuuna's route, and Shino's route. I know he did a really solid job on those!

Anyway, I hope you guys enjoy it! I've been really looking forward to reading Yuuna's story.

20 minutes ago, Pomelo said:

It's finally released! I feel pretty emotional about this, since it was my first ever editing job. I'm so grateful to both VS and Ittaku for letting me work on this project and allowing me to get my foot into the industry. (I doubt I would've had my current job if I hadn't worked on this and met the people I've met through it.)

To recap, I worked on the prologue, the main school common branch, and Miyabi's route. Unfortunately, due to time constraints (and the fact that I worked very slowly), I wasn't able to work on Tonoko's route, but I'm sure it'll still be great!

I also want to thank Marche100 for helping me out by editing the branch school common route, Yuuna's route, and Shino's route. I know he did a really solid job on those!

Anyway, I hope you guys enjoy it! I've been really looking forward to reading Yuuna's story.

Oh hiya Pomelo! Fancy seeing you here!
Great you helped on this and great that it helped you into the Industry. Since I know where you work now would you DM me a smol image of your company logo you are affiliated with so I can add the flair to your name? Would be much appreciated!

Congratz for the release anyways!

While I can see that you didn't want to work on the remaining two routes (And you already explaining the reason several time), I also understand that some may still have some regret on those two untranslated routes (Even if one of the untranslated route contained 7 to 10 sex scenes which to say is mentally taxing to translate). Still congratulation in regard of the release even though it's just partially translated here, and I hope many people would be interested to play this old Pulltop VN seeing that Pulltop themselves probably won't even be interested to localize it (It's not like I want them to localize it though, because it's pretty clear that they'll cut the sex scenes anyway).

Edited by littleshogun

The VN's worth is Miyabi's route. As long as it's translated, everything is fine. 😛

Like, seriously, the route is just so well structured and Miyabi is such a good character (+Liida!). I'm glad people will be able to play it!

Special mention to Shino who has one of the most memorable and romantic H-scene I've ever read. Still remember her dialogue to this day, 5 years later.

Now the question is: should I replay Miyabi route in English? 🤔

Edited by Riku

13 minutes ago, Riku said:

The VN's worth is Miyabi's route. As long as it's translated, everything is fine. 😛

Like, seriously, the route is just so well structured and Miyabi is such a good character (+Liida!). I'm glad people will be able to play it!

Special mention to Shino who has one of the most memorable and romantic H-scene I've ever read. Still remember her dialogue to this day, 5 years later.

Now the question is: should I replay Miyabi route in English? 🤔

Miyabi's is a great route, but Lida also shines in it, alas suffering from the lack of her own route. I cried the most in Shino's route though.

• VirginSmasher changed the title to Haruka ni Aogi, Uruwashi No Translation Project (Completed)

It seems people have misunderstood my reasons for leaving 2 routes out of the translation. It wasn't just because I couldn't find another translator, it's because those routes are really average compared to the wonderful routes that I was happy to translate. If they were good, I would have just translated them myself. In my opinion, the game is better without them.

2 hours ago, ittaku said:
On 10/10/2022 at 6:39 AM, ittaku said:

It seems people have misunderstood my reasons for leaving 2 routes out of the translation. It wasn't just because I couldn't find another translator, it's because those routes are really average compared to the wonderful routes that I was happy to translate. If they were good, I would have just translated them myself. In my opinion, the game is better without them.

People have the right to speak against a fan translation, where fan translator's sole decision upon not translating said routes conveys to arbitrary fan elitism. A good translator translates everything - as it was meant to be - so people can experience the entirety, both good and bad and deduce their own opinions. Omitting the bad parts is basically manipulating the fanbase to build a faux image of a game in the vein of a person who translated it. I personally find this kind of behaviour - regardless of initial good intentions - incredibly deplorable and hurtful towards the original creators; it's one thing to have opinions and another to push them forcefully upon others.

In other words - who do you think you are to decide what's in the best interest of other fans?

Edited by Narcosis

46 minutes ago, Narcosis said:

People have the right to speak against a fan translation, where fan translator's sole decision upon not translating said routes conveys to arbitrary fan elitism. A good translator translates everything - as it was meant to be - so people can experience the entirety, both good and bad and deduce their own opinions. Omitting the bad parts is basically manipulating the fanbase to build a faux image of a game in the vein of a person who translated it. I personally find this kind of behaviour - regardless of initial good intentions - incredibly deplorable and hurtful towards the original creators; it's one thing to have opinions and another to push them forcefully upon others.

In other words - who do you think you are to decide what's in the best interest of other fans?

I'm not. I'm the only person who could be bothered translating this game so I get the right to choose to translate whatever I want, and express what I like about it or not since that's my opinion. I am not obliged to do any fucking thing at all as a fan translator. You can take it or leave it.

3 minutes ago, ittaku said:

I'm not. I'm the only person who could be bothered translating this game so I get the right to choose to translate whatever I want, and express what I like about it or not since that's my opinion. I am not obliged to do any fucking thing at all as a fan translator. You can take it or leave it.

And if I paid you, would you?

Nice attitude, by the way.