Haruka ni Aogi, Uruwashi No Translation Project (Completed)

36 minutes ago, ittaku said:

If there were no H scenes in this game I'd flat out refuse to translate it. Heck my first task was to see if my previous graphic editor was available to decensor it.

I've been trained so that I no longer consider them genitals if there isn't mosaic.  *Clephas eyes turn flat and dead briefly*

4 minutes ago, Clephas said:

I've been trained so that I no longer consider them genitals if there isn't mosaic.  *Clephas eyes turn flat and dead briefly*

Yes we know of the Stockholm syndrome like pathology in people like yourself. That's why I offered two patches with To Heart 2 - with and without decensoring to appeal to everyone. We'll likely do the same with this.

Just now, ittaku said:

Yes we know of the Stockholm syndrome like pathology in people like yourself. That's why I offered two patches with To Heart 2 - with and without decensoring to appeal to everyone. We'll likely do the same with this.

I always rofl when they make mosaic use into a joke in VNs, but I suddenly realized the stories were true when I was playing a decensored game a while back, lol.

1 hour ago, Infernoplex said:

...I don't measure fan-translation work and professional work in the same way...

even then. like i´ve mentioned before it´s a pure love story at heart and no matter how you look at it, regardless of done fanmade or professionally, when said story reads like detectiv conan, then everything went down the fucks

23 minutes ago, Riku said:

Curiosity, but how long is that test? Kinda want to try to see how much I would butcher it.  :nokia:

It's only 150 lines straight from the prologue and doesn't actually have any particularly hard Japanese in it (except for the chapter name.)

6 minutes ago, ittaku said:

It's only 150 lines straight from the prologue and doesn't actually have any particularly hard Japanese in it (except for the chapter name.)

>script is 100k+
>Test is only 150 lines
>Already lost my motivation

Oh well, still interested in the opinion of a (far) better translator than me, so might as well try. I'll just take my time.

5 minutes ago, Riku said:

>script is 100k+
>Test is only 150 lines
>Already lost my motivation

Oh well, still interested in the opinion of a (far) better translator than me, so might as well try. I'll just take my time.

We could always make the test 1500 lines if you like? Speak to @VirginSmasher if you want to take it.

8 minutes ago, ittaku said:

We could always make the test 1500 lines if you like? Speak to @VirginSmasher if you want to take it.

No no no, I meant even though the entire script is 100k, I lost my motivation with only 150 lines. (I lose my motivation quickly) Even if I translated things here and there, the most I did on a single project is a third of a Light Novel volume. So don't give me 1500 lines. :pyaa:

Anyway, I'm sure he saw my posts here, will just wait for a PM.

Edited by Riku

50 minutes ago, Riku said:

No no no, I meant even though the entire script is 100k, I lost my motivation with only 150 lines. (I lose my motivation quickly) Even if I translated things here and there, the most I did on a single project is a third of a Light Novel volume. So don't give me 1500 lines. :pyaa:

Anyway, I'm sure he saw my posts here, will just wait for a PM.

If you already know you lose motivation quickly, then I'd know not to give you a test, unless you actually want to take it.

13 minutes ago, VirginSmasher said:

If you already know you lose motivation quickly, then I'd know not to give you a test, unless you actually want to take it.

It was just to have a better translator criticise me, but yeah, I guess it'd just be a loss of time for you.

Well, to be fair, even if I had the motivation, I'm pretty sure I wouldn't be up to standard.

Anyway, sorry for posting meaninglessly on this thread.

4 minutes ago, Riku said:

It was just to have a better translator criticise me, but yeah, I guess it'd just be a loss of time for you.

Well, to be fair, even if I had the motivation, I'm pretty sure I wouldn't be up to standard.

Anyway, sorry for posting meaninglessly on this thread.

It wouldn't actually be a loss of time for me overall. It's really up to Ittaku and if he'd want to mark such a test.

If you actually want to try the test out, just PM me so we don't have to flood this thread anymore.

Saw this project, and I knew I'm pretty late to the party here. In regard of conflict with Pulltop I think it shouldn't be matter much considering that this is their older VN, and more so if we consider the fact that we knew Koiresort was fully translated back at 2015 fantranslated - I just hope that Pulltop didn't announce this as their next localization project. Nevertheless good luck on this project, and hope you'll managed to finish this and release the full patch knowing that the script size of this was pretty huge (Around 116,000 lines).

PS - I think I'm gonna call this VN as Harugi.

2 minutes ago, littleshogun said:

Saw this project, and I knew I'm pretty late to the party here. In regard of conflict with Pulltop I think it shouldn't be matter much considering that this is their older VN, and more so if we consider the fact that we knew Koiresort was fully translated back at 2015 fantranslated - I just hope that Pulltop didn't announce this as their next localization project. Nevertheless good luck on this project, and hope you'll managed to finish this and release the full patch knowing that the script size of this was pretty huge (Around 116,000 lines).

PS - I think I'm gonna call this VN as Harugi.

That's actually a lie from TLwiki. The script size has been calculated at being 68,206 lines overall. Nothing as ludicrous as 118,000 lines, but it's still quite an undertaking to translate.

1 minute ago, VirginSmasher said:

That's actually a lie from TLwiki. The script size has been calculated at being 68,206 lines overall. Nothing as ludicrous as 118,000 lines, but it's still quite an undertaking to translate.

In that case at least you didn't need to translated more than 100,000 lines lol, but yeah I agree that 68,000 lines is still demanding enough.

8 hours ago, VirginSmasher said:

Good to know it's not that long. I was kind of suspicious of it as well. I wonder if they counted the name tags in that line count, hence the huge number.

31 minutes ago, Infernoplex said:

Good to know it's not that long. I was kind of suspicious of it as well. I wonder if they counted the name tags in that line count, hence the huge number.

I think those numbers count line breaks as well. In the first script extraction, there was a single line that was broken up into 3 spaces. That may have been why the line count was so high.