Tsujidou-san no Jun'Ai Road Discussion

littleshogun

Your feedback for Tsujidou  

44 members have voted

1. 1. Which route that you like the most?

• Tsujidou Ai
    • Koshigoe Maki
    • Katase Renna
  2. 2. Which heroine that you like the most?

• Katase Renna
    • Koshigoe Maki
    • Tsujidou Ai

On 4/11/2018 at 2:03 PM, ShikiSenya said:

It's quite weird

:( some of the OST are good so I'm trying to find a downloadable link(torrents = 0 seed) also ddl link on anime-sharing = dead

Damn it

I just hope that Tsurezure will fix that, although I knew it may be hard to do considering that it might be because of the cracker.

By the way if you want to hear the OST, recently there's a user who uploaded all of Tsujidou OST. Here the playlist below, and hope it'll be help although it might not enough to substitute the lack of music player.

Edited by littleshogun

Alright so I just got through what I assume is the common route (to the point where an opening played) and I've got a few thoughts so far I need to get out. Spoilers for common route ahead.

Spoiler

So after the 3-kai festival fight I've kinda hit a point where I don't feel as excited to continue as I had been. For me its a weird spot in the story in that even though nothing was really resolved there doesn't seem to be much of a conflict either. I mean they kinda put Tsujidou and MC-kun's relationship in a point where it feels weird for him to choose another girl. Granted I haven't seen what they do with the other routes so maybe they come up with good reasons but it seems weird to me. And as far as Tsujidou herself goes I feel like they moved to fast with her. I'm sure they come up with obstacles in her route but it feels like a weird spot to me. 

Anyway more of a rant than anything but I felt like putting my thoughts into writing for some reason. I'll continue reading because I do like it and want to see more but I lost quite a bit of steam in reading it today. Feel free to let me know your thoughts as well. 

I personally thought this was a pretty good VN, and kinda wish the fandisk/sequel was going to be translated =(.

Let me explain... Yes, some of the plot was a bit bland, Hase was a bit annoying and other characters not perfect. But what this VN did that I liked was:

1. It had plenty of characters
  2. It brought all the main characters and a number of side characters into each route in interesting ways and most importantly each heroine felt atleast somewhat important EVEN if it was not their route. Plus even the pretty pointless characters e.g. (Anyone not Hase, Van or Tsujidou in Hase's class) get airtime in, say Renna's route. Honestly most VNs you choose a heroine route and find that 70%(or more) of the story just becomes the heroine and the protagonist. I am all for a good romance story, but if it is done this way it is just boring.
Edited by FinalCloud

• 2 weeks later...

I started myself first with Tsujidou-san Jun'ai road two weeks ago, finished the true end for Ai, but right after restarted with the normal ending:

Spoiler

I really hated how the protagonist kept trying to change her into his "ideal" woman without giving any thought how much strain it will put on her. It felt to selfish and one sided i really hated him. This is why i enjoyed the past midterms route, (basically not having her dye her hair), it didn't take it as far with changing her while also looking for some compromises.

As i said in the spoiler though in this one the protagonist really irritates me, i hate his idiotic design/visual representation, all males in this novel have some decent designs but it feels like they trolled with him. Its like they choosed a generic female template and gave it a few male features, he looks way to stupid to me... And his attitude on Ai's route... I wanted to punch him so many times...

And just like shadowolf64 i also hate the same problem at the route split although from a story point of view its actually nicely played, i can't get into it, or have times where it feels a bit unbearable, i still can't get myself to complete Renna's route cause of it, although i did manage to complete Maki's route, to go into more spoilish detail:

Spoiler

The break up with Ai leaves such a sour after taste for me that i couldn't focus on the other routes, whenever she appeared, the situation feels just wrong for me, Maki's route was great, the fight at the end was so freaking awesome! The story well played, but because of the breakup i could hardly get into most of it, it was especially hard seeing Ai suffer...

Since i still can't get invested into Renna's route for some reason i decided to start Tsujidou-san Virgin Road, Yoiko was one of my most favorite characters up their with Ai, so i really wanna play her route (maybe i will be able to get back to Renna afterwards). Got scared for a second when Chiitrans didn't hook up with the novel (damn you creator's update), but fixed it with ITH, So far enjoying it:

Spoiler

They play out the breakup better in this route imho, at least so far.

Edit: the thing that really impressed me in this novel is the music, omg is the OST awesome! Better then Majikoi even for me.

Edited by +StrikeR+

40 minutes ago, NowItsAngeTime said:

Without spoiling anything in particular what is usually the last date/month any of the main 3 routes end?

The last month is usually September. But its a pretty lenghty VN, during those weeks/months there's a lot going on.

Edited by +StrikeR+

18 hours ago, NowItsAngeTime said:

Without spoiling anything in particular what is usually the last date/month any of the main 3 routes end?

Like +StrikeR+ said, the game is ended at September (The exact date is at September 3rd). Although for Ai's route it's different though because her route was ended at September 12th. For the reason, I'll let you to find out about that by yourself. What I can say is that just don't expect Majikoi too much even though the atmosphere is definitely similar. Have fun.

Edited by littleshogun

Oh don't worry I'm pretty far in to Renna's route and I went in hoping it wasn't exactly the same.

I'm actually glad it had similar vibes to MajiKoi but a different overall setting, story and character archetypes

But thanks for notifying me it's always in September. I'm on August 24 in Renna route so perhaps I can finish it this weekend finally.

To each their own, though i can't help commenting about this, i'm baffled how the one translating jun'ai road found Virgin Road not worth it. ITS AMAZING!

I just finished Azusa's route, and i'm baffled... Both Azusa's and Yoiko's route diverge from the same place the routes for Maki and Renna diverge, but they are done so much better, i dunno how to say this but it doesn't leave the bad after taste you feel when doing those routes. That said it plays out some amazing twists and character development moments both for the protagonist and heroine. It really is amazing, i started Azusa's route a bit sluggishly (especially because how amazing Yoiko's route was), but damn was it amazing especially at the end! Near the end it was freaking amazing!

Tsujidou and Maki trying to crush enoshima togheter and Azusa's actually being able to pose a chalenge to Maki, AMAZING! It was such an intense fight!

4 hours ago, +StrikeR+ said:

To each their own, though i can't help commenting about this, i'm baffled how the one translating jun'ai road found Virgin Road not worth it. ITS AMAZING!

If I remember correctly the translator said that he doesn't see the point of translating a fan disc about the two heriones he didn't even like. I don't remember if he disliked this game or not but he most likely didn't read the fan disc.

6 hours ago, TheCrimsonFucker said:

If I remember correctly the translator said that he doesn't see the point of translating a fan disc about the two heriones he didn't even like. I don't remember if he disliked this game or not but he most likely didn't read the fan disc.

Well its a little sad he missed the best part of this series, but its his lost :p.

BTW, the music was good in the first one but with the addition of the vocals from virgin road it really one me over, im absolutely hooked on pride, there's some tracks i love more then even majikoi.

Edited by +StrikeR+

On 5/2/2018 at 5:58 AM, TheCrimsonFucker said:

You're certainly right about that, because at one point Trip stated that he read both of HatsuKoi and Tsujidou as they translated those two. So obviously going by Tsujidou alone, Virgin Road wouldn't appeal Trip since it's the fandisc which mean that it's understandable if Trip didn't have interest with that. Also before you wonder that whether Trip like Majikoi or not, the answer is unfortunately nope. So in the end there's no hope for translated Virgin Road, at least until someone picked up the slack to translate it.

Edited by littleshogun

5 minutes ago, littleshogun said:

You're certainly right about that, because at one point Trip stated that he read both of HatsuKoi and Tsujidou as they translated those two. So obviously going by Tsujidou alone, Virgin Road wouldn't appeal Trip since it's the fandisc which mean that it's understandable if Trip didn't have interest with that. Also before you wonder that whether Trip like Majikoi or not, the answer is unfortunately nope. So in the end there's no hope for translated Virgin Road, at least until someone picked up the slack to translate it.

Also Virgin route itself is like 20 hours, which is huge for a fandisk

The routes arent anything worth mentioning either tbh, This VN shines with Tsujidou only afterall

Also the translators apparently didnt like either of the VNs they translated lol and they did it because HoshiOri was way too big for a first project if i remember right, they are doing Hatsukoi's append disks now, idk if i ever wanna read anything related to Hatsukoi ever again though, god that was an infuriating VN :reeee:

1 hour ago, Freestyle80 said:

Also the translators apparently didnt like either of the VNs they translated lol and they did it because HoshiOri was way too big for a first project if i remember right, they are doing Hatsukoi's append disks now, idk if i ever wanna read anything related to Hatsukoi ever again though, god that was an infuriating VN :reeee:

Personally I would prefer if they would instantly move to HoshiOri instead if the Fandisc of Hatsukoi.... 

Well I won't read the fandisc of Hatsukoi... Boring story, boring drama and a boring Protagonist :P 

Edited by -soraa

2 hours ago, Freestyle80 said:

Also Virgin route itself is like 20 hours, which is huge for a fandisk

The routes arent anything worth mentioning either tbh, This VN shines with Tsujidou only afterall

Personally i was quite impressed with the routes in Virgin road, well mainly with Azusa's route and Yoiko's route, Ai is still best girl, but theirs where written a lot better and where more captivating then most things in the Jun'ai Road.

Edited by +StrikeR+

Not to mention that there is a fandisk which include the two minato carnival games (I have no idea what is the term for a disc like that) which introduces new characters to the tsujido side. Sadly that would need the other game's translation as well so yeah.... i guess it's time to learn some japanese XD

As for the hatsukoi append disks: meh :P That game made me realize that when a VN still goes on after a relationship start and only has flirting, flirting and some more flirting, without anything interesting happening (or at least it has some good comedic parts) I get bored as hell.

14 minutes ago, TexasDice said:

Junai-road has to be better than S. S is a mess. 

I guess it's make sense considering that S was intended as the fandisk, while Jun'Ai Road itself is the main entry of Tsujidou. So obviously the latter would get the most effort because the mere fact that it was the main game.

Edited by littleshogun

1 minute ago, littleshogun said:

I guess it's make sense considering that S was intended as the fandisk, while Jun'Ai Road itself is the main entry of Tsujidou. So obviously the latter would get the most effort because the mere fact it was the main game.

S was intended as a fandisk? Never knew that. But yeah it is kind of mess sometimes. Now that I think about that Minatosoft is the only company I know of, that introduces a completly new character with her on route in a fan disc so I shoudln't be surprised :D