SQUEEZ games and the EAGLS engine

Need a bit of help with the engine and the extractor HSHINTAI_decrypt. One of SQUEEZ's most recent title, EroAppli, has a CGPACK file with a 2+ gb size, a size that the decrypter can't handle. I'm assuming the files inside this are the ones needed to edit the buttons on the screen and characters names. However, when extracting the same filetype on a different game, mainly Paidol, all i get is gibberish. It isn't the same gibberish when not working in Japanese Locale, but a gibberish I'm too afraid to mess with. I would appreciate any help with these problems, as I want to provide a complete translation of all of SQUEEZ's vanilla titles.

Thank you.

18 minutes ago, Infernoplex said:

Finally a gentleman to translate some SQUEEZ titles. I wish you all the best and good luck :)

I hope a hacker comes to your aid soon.

Less of a translation, more of putting it through multiple machines and making sense of it all. Still don't understand why people haven't picked up on this yet, as the idea of having a big boobed harem would be enticing to most folk. 

1 hour ago, nativegypsy said:

Less of a translation, more of putting it through multiple machines and making sense of it all. Still don't understand why people haven't picked up on this yet, as the idea of having a big boobed harem would be enticing to most folk. 

I know, ever since I found out about them, I couldn't help but wonder why MangaGamer never picked up any of their stuff. Nukige-wise, those seem like a very good pick. And most of those seemed pretty vanilla from what I could tell based on CGs. Definitely kind of stuff I'd "read" through :D ...

Update. By using https://tlwiki.org/?title=Tools#AE_-_VN_Tools I was able to extract the games original CGPACK. However, the files extracted from it encrypted or something with a strange .gr file extension. The .gr can be exported with the above mentioned tool into a .png/.jpg, which can be edited with PS or gimp. The main problem I'm having now is making the edited file back into its original .gr form. The tool mentioned above is able to repack the files from the extracted CGPACK back into its original form, which can be used in-game without any problems. However, if I try and rename my edited file back into its .gr form and repack it into the extracted cg files and then start the game up, I only get a black screen. Something is lost when the .gr file gets converted into a .png/.jpg, so I'm asking for help. 

4 hours ago, nativegypsy said:

Update. By using https://tlwiki.org/?title=Tools#AE_-_VN_Tools I was able to extract the games original CGPACK. However, the files extracted from it encrypted or something with a strange .gr file extension. The .gr can be exported with the above mentioned tool into a .png/.jpg, which can be edited with PS or gimp. The main problem I'm having now is making the edited file back into its original .gr form. The tool mentioned above is able to repack the files from the extracted CGPACK back into its original form, which can be used in-game without any problems. However, if I try and rename my edited file back into its .gr form and repack it into the extracted cg files and then start the game up, I only get a black screen. Something is lost when the .gr file gets converted into a .png/.jpg, so I'm asking for help. 

You will need a hacker for that to take a look at. When I had that problem with putting stuff back into the game, I needed somebody who was more tech-savvy.

• 3 weeks later...

leaving aside the pictures, how is your progress with the actual text? I am a huge fan of Squeez titles and made this account just for this haha :)

I would be interested in helping you in the project. I was thinking of doing it alone, but can be better in a team.

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, nativegypsy said:

There's an anon named Quof who said he'll take a look at Milk Factory's (formerly SQUEEZ) next title Ero Mahou.

Did he say he'll just "look at it" or is he thinking about really TLing that one? Because if he really picks that one up, I'll be damned! :D

Edited by Infernoplex

1 hour ago, nativegypsy said:

So Milk Factory's new visual novel, Ero Mahou, is running on the kirikiri engine. Would anyone be willing to give me a basic understanding of how to extract and patch vn's that run on this engine?

There should be tools for it around, especially if it's some older version of Kirikiri... But likely it's some newer considering the VN came out like a day or a couple of days ago. But someone should probably be able to modify the existing tools to work on it even if it's some newer Kirikiri version.

Edited by Infernoplex

• 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 25/03/2018 at 5:23 PM, binaryfail said:

Dropping in the bmp should do it. It doesn't look like repacking the PAK/IDX is needed.

Wow.... Thanks a lot for this... I now feel kinda stupid... I've spend hours trying to reverse-engineer the .gr decryption with asmodeus code and it turns out the engine allows this!

PS: Other brands that use this engine and works with this tool include games from: MBS Truth, OLE, OLE-M... I guess most games from TechArts(https://vndb.org/p1085) and their spawned brands.