Hi!

milkteebaby

Hello, everyone!

I'm Fin and I'm a writer by trade, but currently stepping away from writing for the foreseeable future, to work on my childhood dream, which is working on video games :) 

I live near Shanghai, but I'm moving to Ho Chi Minh at the end of June and then I'm off to Taipei in December, hopefully for a while. (My SO is an international school teacher, so we kind of wander around the world like pirates)

I'm a big fan of otome games, my first one being Angelique on the GBA...(haha, I can't believe how old I am). I used to be a console player, but have recently gotten into computer VNs and otome games. 

Anyways, I'm really glad to be here and I hope to get along with everyone! 

Edited by milkteebaby

20 minutes ago, McDerpingheimer III said:

Welcome to Fuwanovel! :sachi:

Have you started working on a game, or are you still in the process of finishing up the writing and moving to games?

Haha, as of late the indie writing/romance community has become super toxic, so I've kind of just thrown my hands up in the air and went "EFF THIS" and have gone a different route. Luckily, otome games/VNs are very words-intensive, so right now, it really doesn't feel like my work day is much different than usual. Except there's a lot more arting. The great thing is, now, I don't feel guilty about drawing because I can justify it but saying "It's for the game."

So, yes, I am working on a game! It's called PS I Love U and as it's my first foray into making a game, it's not a terribly ambitious game, with four routes, 3 romanceable characters, maybe 50-60k max word count. 

What about you? Are you working on a game?

18 minutes ago, Dreamysyu said:

Welcome to Fuwanovel! :sachi: Good luck working on your childhood dream!

Thank you for the welcome! I'm super excited :D As an older woman who started playing VNs and otome games almost 20 years ago, I've always wanted to design my own game. So, here goes nothing!

12 minutes ago, Fiddle said:

Yo yo yo, Milk-T!

Yo, yo, yo, Fiddle! 

51 minutes ago, VirginSmasher said:

Hello there and welcome to these forums.

Hi! Thanks for the welcome :3

48 minutes ago, Plk_Lesiak said:

Welcome to Fuwa! So many creators showing up lately, it's really a nice thing to see. :3

And well, if you're planning to create a VN or a similar, story-driven game, it might still mostly consist of writing. Good luck with whatever project you take on. ^^

Thanks! Actually, it was your thread on Lemma that made me remember this forum. I used to be a fuwa waaaaayyy a while ago. Honestly, I'm surprised but happy the forum is still up.

And yes, that's why I decided to make the lateral move from writing books to visual novels and otome games. I think there's a severe lack of games for older ladies who don't want to play as a high school girl and want their stories a little spicier. Voltage makes some adult-oriented games, but the translations are a little too simplistic for my tastes and quite frankly, a lot of times the heroine still acts like she's in high school :/ I remember reading a VN on the Play Store called "The Man with the Pearl Earring" and it really got to me. There was next to no player input, but the story was fascinating enough and I'd love to present something like that for human consumption/enjoyment. 

32 minutes ago, DarkZedge said:

Welcome.

Hi :D 

13 minutes ago, finiteHP said:

Welcome!  Now I have an image stuck in my mind of your avatar with a eyepatch.

Thanks for the idea *_*

Welcome to Fuwanovel, and I find it interesting that you like moving between country. If you need otome VN recommendation, you may ask the forum although unfortunately I can't help you in regard of that though (Sorry). I hope you'll enjoy yourself.

PS - By the way, did both of you and your SO ever came to Hong Kong? Just curious and sorry if my question is too personal.

Welcome! Since you like otomes, I've filtered a list of otomes for you which should catch your interest. My personal recommendations are Code Realize if you have money to spare and Mystic Messenger if you don't. It isn't often that we get new female users but nevertheless, I hope you enjoy your stay here! :sachi:

Edited by wei123

4 hours ago, littleshogun said:

Welcome to Fuwanovel, and I find it interesting that you like moving between country. If you need otome VN recommendation, you may ask the forum although unfortunately I can't help you in regard of that though (Sorry). I hope you'll enjoy yourself.

PS - By the way, did both of you and your SO ever came to Hong Kong? Just curious and sorry if my question is too personal.

Thank you for the advice! I've kind of been all over Asia and America, mostly the big cities. LA, Honolulu, Chicago, Seoul, Tokyo, Shanghai and in a few months, Saigon. (I've visited Saigon before) Honestly, it's fun now, but I feel like it would grow old in a few years. 

My SO has been to Hong Kong, but I have not :3 And no, I don't think your question was too personal. My life is pretty much an open book. 

4 hours ago, wei123 said:

Welcome! Since you like otomes, I've filtered a list of otomes for you which should catch your interest. My personal recommendations are Code Realize if you have money to spare and Mystic Messenger if you don't. It isn't often that we get new female users but nevertheless, I hope you enjoy your stay here! :sachi:

Thanks so much for the list of games! I'll have to check out Code Realize. I played Mystic Messenger a bit, but honestly, because I spent a great deal of my childhood and adult life in Korea, I don't find the setting or the characters very interesting. I've dated Korean guys (I went to college in Seoul, actually met my SO in Seoul) and most of them were...not as dashing as the k-dramas make them seem. So, MM was kind of ruined for me :/  

Edited by milkteebaby