MoeNovel's next title - Cross Channel

Satsuki

7 minutes ago, r0xm2n said:

Awesome. Another title I'll have to wait on for a fan made +18 patch...

It technically already exists. I'm sure someone will quickly restore all the 18+ content in the Steam version using one of the previous patches as the base. :leecher: The quality though...

Edited by Dreamysyu

>Moenovel

>Cross Channel

aahahaha.gif

Well, here's one for another butchered classic:

sSJQgmW.gif

3 hours ago, WinterfuryZX said:

Here's hoping they are translating the PSP edition.

It's probably the "For All People" version of the game, considering Moenovel doesn't touch 18+ content with a ten feet pole.

3 minutes ago, Jazid-Kun said:

Come on, MoeNoveru not that bad :leecher: lol

They're not bad. They're just the worst VN localization company.

45 minutes ago, Andromis said:

Okay, since I'm recently new to the VN scene in general, what is this about MoeNovel, This Cross Channel VN, and them Butchering it? Is MoeNovel really bad at doing stuff?

MoeNovel has a seriously bad reputation of releasing poor translations with cut h-scenes to Steam just to make quick money without giving any effort to keep the spirit of the original writing.

Cross Channel is a notable VN in that it already has 2 translations and both of them are poor due to Cross Channel being a uniquely hard VN to translate. 

Add those two together and you get the 3rd butchering of Cross Channel.

3 minutes ago, Infernoplex said:

Not here to defend Ixrec, but I heard that anything written by Tanaka Romeo is very hard to TL and retain the prose of the original writing.

I heard the same thing. But, I mean, it's the next step. The first thing what you need to do when you're translating anything is, basically, to be able to translate. Though, I guess, the quality of his later releases that I read was much more bearable, at least for me, but I assumed that it's due to him getting better with time.

Well...I already gave up on CC ever getting a good translation, so I guess nothing's really changed.  Yet another reason to learn JP, I guess.

What I find particularly distressing is that MoeNovel is trying to branch out from moege and charage into plotge.  Ignoring the whole "censorship" issue (I'm sure we all know everyone's stances on that by now), I don't trust that they'll consistently contract out to translators that are competent enough to handle VNs like CC.  Their track record hasn't improved nearly enough for pretty much anyone to expect that of them, since they don't even seem to be able to consistently put out decent translations for moege.

I also don't like the precedent of licensing a non-Pulltop game.  I'm aware that WillPlus owns Pulltop, and therefore MoeNovel, but so far they've only ruined Pulltop games.  If MoeNovel has access to the catalogues of every WillPlus imprint, things could get bad.

8 minutes ago, Zenophilious said:

What I find particularly distressing is that MoeNovel is trying to branch out from moege and charage into plotge.  Ignoring the whole "censorship" issue (I'm sure we all know everyone's stances on that by now), I don't trust that they'll consistently contract out to translators that are competent enough to handle VNs like CC.  Their track record hasn't improved nearly enough for pretty much anyone to expect that of them, since they don't even seem to be able to consistently put out decent translations for moege.

I also don't like the precedent of licensing a non-Pulltop game.  I'm aware that WillPlus owns Pulltop, and therefore MoeNovel, but so far they've only ruined Pulltop games.  If MoeNovel has access to the catalogues of every WillPlus imprint, things could get bad.

Yeah. MoeNovel can technically have access to Propeller's catalogue and ruin Evolimt for everyone. :reeee:

16 minutes ago, Zenophilious said:

If MoeNovel has access to the catalogues of every WillPlus imprint, things could get bad.

But is CC even in their catalogue? FlyingShine isn't an imprint of WillPlus. Or do the rights for CC belong to some other company now?

Edit. Found this. Yeah, it probably belongs to them now.

Edited by Dreamysyu

1 minute ago, Dreamysyu said:

But is CC even in their catalogue? FlyingShine isn't an imprint of WillPlus. Or do the rights for CC belong to some other company now?

It technically is, even though they don't own FlyingShine.  They made an imprint called Cross†Channel specifically to rerelease CC on PC.  WillPlus, through the CC imprint, has rereleased the game twice now, once as a physical reprint, and again as the physical Final Complete edition, which ports the console-exclusive content back to the 18+ version and adds a bit of original content.

16 minutes ago, VirginSmasher said:

Yeah. MoeNovel can technically have access to Propeller's catalogue and ruin Evolimt for everyone. :reeee:

Hopefully MG already secured it, otherwise we might be screwed  :notlikemiya:

1 minute ago, wei123 said:

If Cross channel had a better translation, I might had enjoyed the game better but now.... :amane:

People are convinced it'll never get a good translation and I see why, but maybe it could've been like with Dies Irae where it would've gotten the best possible translation it could've possibly gotten from one of the people who TLed Dies.

However, just like my hopes for ChuSinGura were ruined back in 2016, Cross;Channel will forever have a terrible localization that people will purchase without any knowledge of the quality.

Funny how everybody says that Moenovel is bad, but after their famous disaster, I never saw people talking about the actual translation, just about how they hate the company. Hell, that also happens to Sekai Project. I still have to see a not so deep but accurate analysis of said translations to hop in this hate train. Does such a thing exist, or does nobody really care?

And the reddit thread linked here is obviously fake, as a translator would not be stupid to bash the translation like this on public. There are many contracts I believe people go through and one common clause is to keep discription. Since there are translators here, I'd like to know if that is a thing. But then again, it can be just a joke.

6 hours ago, VirginSmasher said:

MoeNovel has a seriously bad reputation of releasing poor translations with cut h-scenes to Steam just to make quick money without giving any effort to keep the spirit of the original writing.

And now I see why people don't like this company, any company who rushes stuff with little to no effort just to make a quick buck is a trashy company IMO.

Thanks for the quick reply and letting me know. I'll be sure to stay away from stuff released by them.

55 minutes ago, Andromis said:

And now I see why people don't like this company, any company who rushes stuff with little to no effort just to make a quick buck is a trashy company IMO.

Thanks for the quick reply and letting me know. I'll be sure to stay away from stuff released by them.

That's definitely a good idea. Anything with the name MoeNovel attached to it should be avoided and shunned at all times.