MoeNovel's next title - Cross Channel

Satsuki

What the??? :michiru: Really? Is this game cursed or something?

I mean, at least we might get a decent translation, I guess, if it's actually true. :leecher: On the other hand, is it even possible to lead to some darker parts of the story without the h-scenes?

PS. It's also pretty funny that nobody in the top Youtube comments recognized this VN.

Damn, and here I thought Moenovel was just going to licence bottom of the barrel moege. I for one would actually like to see an official translation of Cross Channel. Plus that VN has such a cult following that Moenovel would be crucified if they butchered it. So I have hope it might be good. I now have a slightly better impression of Moenovel.  

6 minutes ago, Plk_Lesiak said:

Well... We can have a minimal amount of hope that Pulltop's unreasonable publishing practices only extent to their own games and they'll be more hesitant to butcher someone else's IP. Just a sliver... :P

I would put the probability somewhere between Trump bringing world piece and this world actually being controlled by Homura. Btw of these 2 the Trump one is the least likely.

1 minute ago, Dreamysyu said:

I thought the cult following was mostly limited to Japan, no? The reception by the foreign fans wasn't as good, from what I know, mostly due to terrible translations.

I was referring mostly to the Japanese literate foreign fans. They are a small, but very vocal minority. And precisely because the previous translations were so bad, I don't see harm in Moenovel giving it a chance. I don't think they could do worse than what was done before.

3 minutes ago, Zalor said:

I was referring mostly to the Japanese literate foreign fans. They are a small, but very vocal minority. And precisely because the previous translations were so bad, I don't see harm in Moenovel giving it a chance. I don't think they could do worse than what was done before.

I think the concern is more about censorship than about horrible translation.

2 minutes ago, bakauchuujin said:

I think the concern is more about censorship than about horrible translation.

Right, which is always a controversy. Personally, I often skip H-scenes anyway. So I wouldn't care much, but I know a lot of people do. I'd imagine they would release an uncensored patch though. Isn't that what happened with Suba Hibi when it was released? Different company I know, but I think it would be smart for them to do the same.

3 minutes ago, Zalor said:

Right, which is always a controversy. Personally, I often skip H-scenes anyway. So I wouldn't care much, but I know a lot of people do. I'd imagine they would release an uncensored patch though. Isn't that what happened with Suba Hibi when it was released? Different company I know, but I think it would be smart for them to do the same.

Moenovel always censor VNs and never release a patch. If you look at how they have handled other releases you know that they will cut out 18+ and not release a patch for it.

Edited by bakauchuujin

2 minutes ago, Zalor said:

I don't believe MoeNovel understand what an "uncensored patch" is.

6 minutes ago, Zalor said:

Not Moenovel. Never have, and never will, based on the way they operate. 

They just ignore all comments about 18+ content, and keep censoring their games. That's why so many people hate them. 

Well this is the best announcement from Pulltop/MoeNovel in regard of VN localization for two reasons lol. First there's already existed translation (Also already discussed to the death, so automatically made the leak redundant), and the second we have console version for that, so at least it shouldn't matter much if Pulltop just port console version to PC and sell it at Steam. Yeah Pulltop as the localization company themselves was messed up alright when I said that the best announcement from them was basically a redundant release.

As for Cross Channel, while I see that maybe there's some prose that was lost in translation, in the end it didn't matter though because we still see many people enjoy translated Cross Channel even if Amaterasu Translation of that was below standard for some people. Besides I believe that even with better translation, I think it's still bound to have some divisive opinion no matter what.

They are also kind of dicks about it. For instance the lovekami spinoffs were first available in english without any 18+. Because of this some people thought it was going to not be a 18+ VN then a bit later they confirmed a Japanese version with 18+ content that they called a powered upp version only for the japanese. Ofc there is also the 12 year old french girl comments they made for their target group in regards to IMHHW

3 hours ago, littleshogun said:

Well this is the best announcement from Pulltop/MoeNovel in regard of VN localization for two reasons lol. First there's already existed translation (Also already discussed to the death, so automatically made the leak redundant), and the second we have console version for that, so at least it shouldn't matter much if Pulltop just port console version to PC and sell it at Steam. Yeah Pulltop as the localization company themselves was messed up alright when I said that the best announcement from them was basically a redundant release.

As for Cross Channel, while I see that maybe there's some prose that was lost in translation, in the end it didn't matter though because we still see many people enjoy translated Cross Channel even if Amaterasu Translation of that was below standard for some people. Besides I believe that even with better translation, I think it's still bound to have some divisive opinion no matter what.

Personally I don't really care much for Cross Channel, the reason this worries me is that it means that they might license other titles from other companies in the future.

Edited by bakauchuujin

And here we are again, third attempt at a good translation for this VN and probably a third failure, because it's fucking Moenovel. Why couldn't you guys just stick to licensing mediocre Pulltop VNs? Your reputation was bad enough already, but it is going to get even worse if they butcher this title. 

8 minutes ago, MaggieROBOT said:

Wait a minute, in this game's first half the MC flips skirts and think about breasts every 2 seconds. I know this is super tame, but this type of thing even gonna fly with Moenovel, knowing them???

Well, I would still wait for official announcement and first details to show up before we freak out completely. The holy fury will do better when directed at Moenovel itself if they don't promise uncensored version.

+ they gave up on the policy of censoring everything remotely sexual, so the h-scenes themselves are mostly what's at danger of being cut out. :)

Edited by Plk_Lesiak