Who are some good characters who got disappointing routes?

VirginSmasher

40 minutes ago, Clephas said:

Gensou no Idea: All heroines.  To be honest, while the main story of this game is great, the way they handled the heroines was a bit... incompetent.  The epilogues are good, but if you asked me whether they served as an adequate replacement for individual heroine paths...

That kinda sucks. Gensou no Idea looks pretty interesting to me, but according to Sorcery Jokers, they're not the best at writing beginnings. And that's apparently their best VN. :marie:

1 hour ago, VirginSmasher said:

That kinda sucks. Gensou no Idea looks pretty interesting to me, but according to Sorcery Jokers, they're not the best at writing beginnings. And that's apparently their best VN. :marie:

No, the reason things ended up that way was because they chose to create a single story rather than have events change radically based on which heroine you pick, which is the standard for the genre.   I can't really say it was a bad choice, but I would have liked to see a full Rielle path...

2 hours ago, Clephas said:

No, the reason things ended up that way was because they chose to create a single story rather than have events change radically based on which heroine you pick, which is the standard for the genre.   I can't really say it was a bad choice, but I would have liked to see a full Rielle path...

Oh. Well that's good for me. I quite like linear VN storylines. 

Shizuru's route in Rewrite. She good girl. But her route bad. Have scattershot plot. Boring because Mc-boi stay home and be nice boy. Just weirdly tempoed in general not helped by certain resetting event. Ending real weird. Some reasons not make sense. Probably partly translation's fault. Zaka also unable to relate to being satisfied by tree. Arguably ties into character trait. But is too much. Interesting because while Chihaya's route mediocre, not as bad as Shizuru route. But same writer. Lol Tonokawa.

3 hours ago, Zakamutt said:

Zaka also unable to relate to being satisfied by tree.

Spoiler

Would you be able to relate if it was an 18+ novel, and it had an h-scene with that tree? :mare: But, well being satisfied by a tree isn't that weird, considering that there weren't many people around anymore, right? :miyako:

3 minutes ago, Dreamysyu said:
  Hide contents

Would you be able to relate if it was an 18+ novel, and it had an h-scene with that tree? :mare: But, well being satisfied by a tree isn't that weird, considering that there weren't many people around anymore, right? :miyako:

Trees not people. Never relatable. Should not be so happy. Trees are for climbing. And wood. And carving your waifu's initials in. Zaka never did last part. Should try. Very weeb. Fun story. Tell people online. Get laugh. Die inside. Good stuff.

Tohsaka Rin's route, Unlimited Blade Works.

Don't get me wrong, it's epic and intense and action-packed.

But, in a romantic sense? Rin was boring and disappointing. Which is a shame since she's one of my favorite characters in Fate :(

What makes it worse too is Rin is so good in the Fate and Heaven's Feel routes. It's only in her route does she get snubbed, ironically.