• Angel Beats
    • Gekkou no Carnevale
    • Kara no Shoujo series
    • Tokyo Necro
    • Silverio Series
    • Kajiri Kamui Kagura
    • Dies irae ~Interview with Kaziklu Bey~
    • Zero Escape series

I am finishing Rose Guns Days and want to decide what to read next. I will try to make a poll (though I don't know whether I will succeed).

Just to add 2 more points:

• I have been completely spoiled about KnS 2 true ending.
  • Also about KKK Tenma group and Yato + I loved original cast of Dies Irae
Edited by Sparteh

If you loved the original cast of Dies Irae, KKK will piss you off.

I recommend the Silverio series, because of the depth of the setting and because of this:

Spoiler

EDIT:  Rough translation of the lower video.

Call into being the starlight painted across the heavens--- We are shining falling stars.

Aaah, oh nostalgic golden age.  Oh prosperity that once blessed both heaven and earth.  Are those days, so full of happiness, now only a mirage, destined never to return? 

Time has passed from silver, to copper, to iron... My heart aches with ferocious sorrow to see the regression of people and the tilting the scales toward evil.

Children of man, why do you hate one another?  Why do you kill one another?  The goddess of justice, tears running down her face, takes up the sword.

Then I shall judge that sin with my own hands.  I will not let you escape, as I love you.

Blow harshly, breath of divine punishment!  May lightning and storms resonate through the heavens and bring the iron of punishment down on your heads!  Slay evil!

Metalnova--- Libra of Astraea!

EDIT: Rough translation of the uppermost video

Call into being the starlight painted across the heavens--- We are shining falling stars.

To the very end, I never came to know your shining person.  I am the arrogant and defiant king of beasts who desires the destruction of all that is noble.

Devour human flesh and be tainted by malice!  Hopelessly, desperately, beyond all hope desire the fall of the gods!

That all that shines brilliantly fall into ruin.

Ten thousand curses rise from my jaws, calling for you to suffer and despair.  What I devour are one hundred million hopes.  Go extinct, go extinct.  Let all, without exception, become garbage.

I am already a malevolent wolf, my fangs have grown in and even now throb.

Oh scream of hatred, reach the heavens!  Wail meaninglessly into the darkness!

Metalnova-- Silverio Cry.

Gekkou no Carnevale is a hidden gem amongst the Nitroplus releases, but, like most Nitroplus games, it is also depressing.

From what my friends save, Interview with Kaziklu Bey is a treat for people who liked Wilhelm.  I honestly probably won't touch this for a few more years, when I'm ready to replay Dies Irae again.

Also... translated games always have the advantage in polls like this here, lol.

Spoiler

I think actually KKK did have some interesting stuff seeing that it's more or less like Steins Gate 0 looking from the spoiler, but seeing that there's a trope called Fanon Discontinuity and I'd heard that some fan is more than happy to apply that trope to KKK, maybe it's not the best thing if you read KKK. Especially so if you like Marie route, because KKK was Marie's route sort of continuation.

As for Kara no Shoujo, yeah it was indeed easier to be recommended because it was translated. But you may not like the VN though because you must read 2 (3 if you count Cartagra) to get the complete story, and the story was still have some question that'll be answered at the third part. So I can't recommend this if that you want everything answered in one continuity.

So the final choice here to me would be Gekkou no Carnavale since the setting was not usual Japan (In Italy), and it have the underworld setting. The man itself also a former mafia doll, and obviously not a high school students like usual VN thing.

In the end while I recommended Gekkou no Carnavale here, I still leave the decision of whichever VN that you want to play back to you. Have fun play whichever VN that you pick.

Edited by Zenophilious
Spoilers >.<

I think I will go with Kara no Shoujo for now. It is relatively short. I might even complete entire franchise this week. 

Spoiler
On 3/10/2018 at 10:43 PM, Clephas said:

If you loved the original cast of Dies Irae, KKK will piss you off.

I recommend the Silverio series, because of the depth of the setting and because of this:

Hide contents

EDIT:  Rough translation of the lower video.

Aaah, oh nostalgic golden age.  Oh prosperity that once blessed both heaven and earth.  Are those days, so full of happiness, now only a mirage, destined never to return? 

Time has passed from silver, to copper, to iron... My heart aches with ferocious sorrow to see the regression of people and the tilting the scales toward evil.

Children of man, why do you hate one another?  Why do you kill one another?  The goddess of justice, tears running down her face, takes up the sword.

Then I shall judge that sin with my own hands.  I will not let you escape, as I love you.

Blow harshly, breath of divine punishment!  May lightning and storms resonate through the heavens and bring the iron of punishment down on your heads!  Slay evil!

Metalnova--- Libra of Astraea!

EDIT: Rough translation of the uppermost video

To the very end, I never came to know your shining person.  I am the arrogant and defiant king of beasts who desires the destruction of all that is noble.

Devour human flesh and be tainted by malice!  Hopelessly, desperately, beyond all hope desire the fall of the gods!

That all that shines brilliantly fall into ruin.

Ten thousand curses rise from my jaws, calling for you to suffer and despair.  What I devour are one hundred million hopes.  Go extinct, go extinct.  Let all, without exception, become garbage.

I am already a malevolent wolf, my fangs have grown in and even now throb.

Oh scream of hatred, reach the heavens!  Wail meaninglessly into the darkness!

Metalnova-- Silverio Cry.

Gekkou no Carnevale is a hidden gem amongst the Nitroplus releases, but, like most Nitroplus games, it is also depressing.

From what my friends save, Interview with Kaziklu Bey is a treat for people who liked Wilhelm.  I honestly probably won't touch this for a few more years, when I'm ready to replay Dies Irae again.

Also... translated games always have the advantage in polls like this here, lol.

I heard how brutal it was with Marie and what they have done to Ren and I loved both of them as characters. Heck, my entire MAL profile is Ren and DI based (you should check it out, it is pretty good). Silverio series looks very similar (based on videos you dropped). How do they compare to DI?

Edited by Sparteh

2 hours ago, Sparteh said:

I think I will go with Kara no Shoujo for now. It is relatively short. I might even complete entire franchise this week. 

Hide contents

I heard how brutal it was with Marie and what they have done to Ren and I loved both of them as characters. Heck, my entire MAL profile is Ren and DI based (you should check it out, it is pretty good). Silverio series looks very similar (based on videos you dropped). How do they compare to DI?

One thing you have to understand about Silverio is that, despite the similarities, the selling points are different.  Silverio has a much more developed setting, for instance (the nature of the Shinza series makes developing a single setting to that kind of level difficult).  In addition, like most of Light's other team's works, the characters are more 俗っぽい.  Zephyr is like a male version of Rusalka (without the honey trap stuff) in some ways... 

Spoiler

and she and Liza were the most 'human' of Dies Irae's antagonists, lol.