What is the most garbage VN you ever read?

Happiness+

I am talking about a VN that you instantly regret the moment you pressed "download", but for some reason. You opened up the game.

You saw that menu.

You clicked play.

But there you were playing, this... abomination.

And every CG you saw.

You felt yourself straying further away from God.

You passed by Satan on the ninth Circle of Hell, and he said.

"Shit. I have standards. Hold on let me make a tenth circle of Hell for this."

Sweet Volley High by NewWestGames. So boring. So uninspired. Such an ugly UI. Such a shit protagonist. SO BOOOOORING. Boredom is the one sin that I can't ever tolerate in a VN - I can have fun with something absurdly bad or disgusting, but not with something completely bland - for this reason I don't think even Creature Romance could topple this one on my worst-ever list, no matter how traumatized it would leave me, at least it does something somewhat unique. :P

5 hours ago, VirginSmasher said:

Noble Works. Never have I ever felt legitimately depressed while reading a VN since Noble Works. It literally made me want to kill myself. I should've listened to advice sooner and just dropped it before it got deeper into that stage.

What was it about Noble (☆) Works that you didn't like, and which part did you start to realize this?

For me it was Hakuoki - I figured since it seemed relatively popular it'd be a good way to go, but ugh. Definitely not my cup of tea. The fantasy elements IMO ruined the story, and I wound up being stuck on some route with an uninteresting hero. Plus the route after a certain point started skipping bunches of time and becoming more and more ridiculous as it went. I finished out the route and decided never to touch the game again. The disappointing thing too is that it had started out pretty promising but wound up throwing that all away. 

Muv Luv Extra. I have played other moe shit and there's probably objectively far worse and offensive VNs I've enjoyed (nukige world, wink wink nudge nudge), but MLE's horrendous character interactions (fuck Takeru, Sumika's stupid, Yuuki and Marimo are the only above-"meh" characters), nonexistent humor and generic art style just bored me to death. Fuck Alternative for being the motivation for me to suffer that shit for 15 hours.

6 hours ago, snowbell55 said:

What was it about Noble (☆) Works that you didn't like, and which part did you start to realize this?

For me it was Hakuoki - I figured since it seemed relatively popular it'd be a good way to go, but ugh. Definitely not my cup of tea. The fantasy elements IMO ruined the story, and I wound up being stuck on some route with an uninteresting hero. Plus the route after a certain point started skipping bunches of time and becoming more and more ridiculous as it went. I finished out the route and decided never to touch the game again. The disappointing thing too is that it had started out pretty promising but wound up throwing that all away. 

Probably around the first walking in on a girl changing scene. Those are literally the bane of my existence and they kept happening a lot. Not to mention I hated every character in some way.

1 hour ago, Funyarinpa said:

Muv Luv Extra. I have played other moe shit and there's probably objectively far worse and offensive VNs I've enjoyed (nukige world, wink wink nudge nudge), but MLE's horrendous character interactions (fuck Takeru, Sumika's stupid, Yuuki and Marimo are the only above-"meh" characters), nonexistent humor and generic art style just bored me to death. Fuck Alternative for being the motivation for me to suffer that shit for 15 hours.

Yeah I really hated Extra as well. Unlimited made it a little better but they still had pretty garbage characters to work with.

Spoiler

That's a problem I had with Alternative they introduced you to the A-01 squad who were filled with characters that were better designed and better written then the main girls you are sandbagged with in Extra.

Edited by Ranzo

41 minutes ago, Ranzo said:

Yeah I really hated Extra as well. Unlimited made it a little better but they still had pretty garbage characters to work with.

Reveal hidden contents

That's a problem I had with Alternative they introduced you to the A-01 squad who were filled with characters that were better designed and better written then the main girls you are sandbagged with in Extra.

Spoiler

I definitely agree. But at the same time, almost none of the main girls from Extra even matter in Alternative, and the ones that matter managed to improve in my eyes. Except for Sumika. I kind of liked her in Extra, but after that h-scene in Alternative and some adjacent scenes, I simply couldn't like her anymore for some reason.

2 minutes ago, Dreamysyu said:
  Hide contents

I definitely agree. But at the same time, almost none of the main girls from Extra even matter in Alternative, and the ones that matter managed to improve in my eyes. Except for Sumika. I kind of liked her in Extra, but after that h-scene in Alternative and some adjacent scenes, I simply couldn't like her anymore for some reason.

How did you manage to kind of like Sumika in extra?:marie: All she does is screech and bleat at you the entire time

3 hours ago, Funyarinpa said:

Wow, that made me lolz. I was comtemplating the Muv Luv series because I saw rumbling hearts years back and it was the best romance anime I have ever seen. But, I am afraid of getting into VNs that looks longer to read than Journey To The West.

8 minutes ago, Happiness+ said:

Wow, that made me lolz. I was comtemplating the Muv Luv series because I saw rumbling hearts years back and it was the best romance anime I have ever seen. But, I am afraid of getting into VNs that looks longer to read than Journey To The West.

Don't listen to us too much. :sachi: It's still worth it (though @Funyarinpa will disagree).