Ask me anything, I am Happiness+

Happiness+

Hello there. Let me introduce myself, I am Happiness+.

Why happiness+? don't know.

Maybe I have Hate+ subconsciously on my mind for some reason.

Background: Grew up in Detroit. ghetto shit. I was even jumped by a gang.... of all girls.

Began programming since 16 years of age. I know how to make websites and mobile apps. Nothing too advanced but stuff that can impress literally anyone that isn't a comp sci major. Fell in love with anime since Sailor Moon in the 90's. My first VN was this. I love visual novels; I think they are the best medium to combine both cinematography and literary depth. I was working on a visual novel back in 2016, but then crap happened and I left the internet for a while. I've decided to come back, and do something good for the medium. Maybe lead a translation project or finish my own VN. Both? I don't know.

No question is off-limits.

I am currently reading Kara no Shojo. I just installed the game yesterday, but did'nt read it because I had a french quiz today.

I have been itching for a good horror since I finished the hirgurashi series. I mean saya is good, but I like to feel like :objection: when  I solve through it.

By the way, I love this site's design. It looks so sophisticated, and it updates in real time. I didn't know forums could be this modern. ^_^

Also, my profile pic is a sprite from my VN.

I have a week to myself, because it's spring break. Woot!

AAAANNNDDD, I have run out of things to say. Nice to meet you guys. :wahaha:

1 minute ago, mitchhamilton said:

hello and welcome. :mare:

heres my question. why is square enix being so greedy with final fantasy 15? :wafuu: 

Well, it too them a while to develop the game. It was apparently very expensive, one of the more expensive FF's of recent memory. The only Fantasy I've played was 12.

Are you actually offering happiness or is it just drugs, and if so, can I have some?

Oh and when you mentioned getting jumped was it by these girls?

Anyway welcome to Fuwa! I hope you enjoy your time here!

I never knew Newgrounds actually released a vn that is surprising. I knew some people on there put out a few dating sims or 50.

Nice profile pic by the way

1 minute ago, solidbatman said:

oooh man wait until someone changes a single user field and it breaks the entire website. Then you'll see how modern we truly are ;) 

Welcome to the forums! 

The back end is so instantaneous. I am used to site's like Lemmasoft where I would wait for a reply to only realize, they already did. 

I just didn't know, because there were notifications!  I love how I can sync this with Firefox.

2 minutes ago, Ranzo said:

Are you actually offering happiness or is it just drugs, and if so, can I have some?

Oh and when you mentioned getting jumped was it by these girls?

Anyway welcome to Fuwa! I hope you enjoy your time here!

I never knew Newgrounds actually released a vn that is surprising. I knew some people on there put out a few dating sims or 50.

Nice profile pic by the way

1. Sure, but because this shit is contraband In DA HOOD

2. *Vietnam Flashbacks Intensifies*

3. Yeah, there's also this one that is a RPG Shooter as well

Thanks for the compliment!

18 hours ago, Plk_Lesiak said:

Your nickname is (possibly) inspired by Hate+? I think we'll get along! :mare:

Welcome to Fuwa, I hope you'll have fun around here. :)

Yay! I also love your avatar. That anime has taught me some valuble skills. Basically the same skills I got from playing certain types of games. Sometimes I wonder, in a parallel universe have PUAs and Weebs found common footing in those types of games?

Edited by Happiness+
Oh yeah, I forgot to say how cool your pic was.

1 hour ago, arosia said:

Welcome, sweetie. Love your username!

My question is:

What are you most grateful for in life?

So much love and welcome again!

ooh, a deep question, I am really grateful for all the good things in my life. Like seriously, I am watching the new breadwinner film, and it's rough seeing how people lived in the Taliban. I go to a decent university in the south. I have food, water, shelter, and peace of mind since it's spring break. I mean I have free time to play Kara no Shoujo and join a new forum. That's epitome of privilege. Sure, I am not as wealthy as I want to be, but I am a computer science major that graduates in 2019. So yeah, no worries there.

1 hour ago, Andromis said:

Welcome to Fuwa!

You were jumped by a gang of all girls? That's horrifying, girls can be pretty scary at times :Kappa:

Anyway, I hope you enjoy your time here and I wish you luck on your projects.

IKR, I still get Vietnam style flashbacks of being hit in the face with a Hello Kitty purse.

54 minutes ago, Happiness+ said:

ooh, a deep question, I am really grateful for all the good things in my life. Like seriously, I am watching the new breadwinner film, and it's rough seeing how people lived in the Taliban. I go to a decent university in the south. I have food, water, shelter, and peace of mind since it's spring break. I mean I have free time to play Kara no Shoujo and join a new forum. That's epitome of privilege. Sure, I am not as wealthy as I want to be, but I am a computer science major that graduates in 2019. So yeah, no worries there.

Great answers. Thank you for sharing with us! <3

Welcome to Fuwanovel, and interesting life view that you got there. Since you allow us to ask any question, let me ask the simple question here. Since you mention Sailor Moon, is there any chance that you like Pretty Cure and if yes which season? In case of your VN, good luck on that. For the last word here, hope you'll have fun here.

You were raised in Detroit, damn. I've been there a few times. Actually I was born in Ann Arbor, though not really raised there. I do have some questions for you.

How did you learn to make websites, programs and Mobile Apps. I've taken Intro to programming classes and have some very rudimentary knowledge of JaveScript. But I don't really know where to continue with this knowledge. And due to a personal project I am tackling, creating a website will become necessary for me. Having knowledge about producing mobile apps will also benefit this project. If you could link me to sources (either tutorials, books, blogs, etc) to help me learn this stuff I would really appreciate it! Also if you have personal advice from your experience learning these things, please share! 

1 hour ago, Zalor said:

You were raised in Detroit, damn. I've been there a few times. Actually I was born in Ann Arbor, though not really raised there. I do have some questions for you.

How did you learn to make websites, programs and Mobile Apps. I've taken Intro to programming classes and have some very rudimentary knowledge of JaveScript. But I don't really know where to continue with this knowledge. And due to a personal project I am tackling, creating a website will become necessary for me. Having knowledge about producing mobile apps will also benefit this project. If you could link me to sources (either tutorials, books, blogs, etc) to help me learn this stuff I would really appreciate it! Also if you have personal advice from your experience learning these things, please share! 

Long post alert!

So, I learned how to code from college and online.

If you are broke I recommend and wanna learn web

https://www.freecodecamp.org

If you have money, I recommend you do this udemy tutorial for web

https://www.udemy.com/the-complete-web-developer-course-2/learn/v4/overview

Also this is the homework I had to do. I had to make a blog for advanced web authoring class this semester.

https://ilovephp.jondh.me.uk/en/tutorial/make-your-own-blog

For web, I used to recommend Notepadd++, but then I found VS Code and never looked back.

Every good coder needs a good editor.

It's like an IDE, minus the fact that's quick. I am looking at you Netbeans and Android Studio!!! :angry:

Now things get interesting for mobile.

If you plan on building android apps, I highly recommend this tutorial from Udemy.

https://www.udemy.com/complete-android-developer-course/

BEST 5$ I HAVE EVER SPENT.

But if you are broke again,

this was my first android tutorial

https://www.udacity.com/course/new-android-fundamentals--ud851

if you want to get into iOS, try

https://www.udemy.com/ios-11-app-development-bootcamp/

Best $10 I have ever spent.

If you plan on making VNs like me, learn python. My first tutorial was

https://www.udacity.com/course/programming-foundations-with-python--ud036

It's the language of the Ren'Py engine. Of course, Ren'Py takes in it's own syntax. Arguments. etc, but some of the best VNs are coded very well.

They are pretty damn eloquent, and then you look at mine from 2016. People will say

"Did this bitch forget how to encapsulate?"

But remember, I took the course after I fell off from my VN back in early 2017.

Now, if you wanna see an A+ site. A website that kept me at 98% percent have a look here.

https://thai-morris.github.io/CSC-223/

Jokes aside, if you wanna see a professional website I built for my normie friends. I used bootstrap. 

genzcapitalgroup.com

Quick facts: HTML is just the structure and layout of the website.

CSS is what makes the website look sexy.

Javascript is what makes the website do sexy things, from animation, rearranging items, lightboxes, (you know when you click on an image and the surrounding the area gets dark. I have that example on my github from class.)

Bootstrap is a framework that makes building websites easier, it's a combination of HTML, CSS, and JS. It was developed by Twitter.

Now what I described was one-half of web dev. The client side.

If you wanna make static websites that just look pretty then that's that.

The other half is server-side. Which is when you have code like PHP that runs on a server and reacts dynamically on the website itself.

For example, as I post this long ass post. My device sends a message to the Fuwanovel server.

my device: "Yo, Happiness+ posted something!"

Fuwanovel forum server: "I see. Hold on lemma add this."

It gets added to the database which is usually in a SQL language. Every post has an ID associated with the user, and every time it's added it automatically updates. PHP is the langauge that most people use for stuff like this, but some smart kid found out that JavaScript can run a server. Hence NodeJS was born. However these days web design is more of a art than a science, trends rise. Others fall into obscurity. Most people getting into development learn Node and forget PHP because it's not hip and cool anymore. 

I could go more into detail about the different types of servers like SQLlite, MySQL, and PostgreSQL.

But, it depends on what kind of project you are making, if it's a VN.

Just go ren'py.org and go the Lemmasoft Forums. Most of the time, they will just redirect you to the documentation. :wahaha:

Any more questions?

5 hours ago, littleshogun said:

Welcome to Fuwanovel, and interesting life view that you got there. Since you allow us to ask any question, let me ask the simple question here. Since you mention Sailor Moon, is there any chance that you like Pretty Cure and if yes which season? In case of your VN, good luck on that. For the last word here, hope you'll have fun here.

I feel bad that I had to google Pretty Cure. Maybe I divulge all the yuri I watched so that people can Gauge where I am at.

Madoka magica! Homura did nothing wrong.

Riddle Story of Devil. The ending was eh, but I was just there for the ride

Citrus is life. Citrus is love.

I would love it if Sailor Venus can take me out sometime.

I tried. I mean I really tried watching Maria Watches Over Us, but damn.....

Mariaholic was insanely fun. Could you call that  a yuri? I am going to call it a yuri.