Help me pick my next VN

VirginSmasher

I like forest but I also hate it because it's kind of a pretentious hipster muh comment of the nature of reading or something meme. Good though, just has particularly cancer fans. 

I/O is fine. 

You'd hate demonbane, but it's a good game too. 

All of those three VNs were quite eccentric one. I didn't knew Forest other than it have Hoshizora Meteor as the writer, have many mind screw, and apparently it's pretty confusing.

For I/O one of the routes did have school scenes, but the lighthearted tone was quickly subsides because there's a conspiracy lurks behind, and the protagonists were clearly in danger. Also according to GundamAce it's have world building, and obviously it have many sci-fi element because of Nakazawa. The true ending is quite confusing from what I'd heard.

Demonbane was slightly lighther because it only have robot battle and you didn't need to think much, but knowing Nitroplus it still have some dark element though. Namely through sex (By the way, MC's d××k was too big and pretty weird) and it also have Cthulthu myth, so there'll be horryfying creature as well. Out of those three, Demonbane did have the most explosive battle.

So for my recommendation, seeing that you like Infinity series I think you can try to play I/O for now - it's still up to you though. Of course you can try the rest later if you want to play more VN later. Have fun.

Edited by littleshogun

Speaking of backlogs, Forest has been on mine for like 2 or 3 years now. I should really get to it =/ Same with Cross Channel, except that has been on my back log for like 4 or 5 years (back when Fuwa did torrents the translation was all glitched up, so I couldn't read it. Should probably read it in Japanese now anyway).