Koropokkur in Love (Released, Discussion, Salt, the usual)

MaggieROBOT

17 minutes ago, Silvz said:

Some things that need to be clear:

Hinoue Itaru is a woman, so "she" is more fitting.

This is not a KEY game, so even though they look nice, we shouldn't be expecting the drama they always have.

Even so, what has the writer done that is notable? I can't really be intrigued with anything if I don't know what the writer has done.

24 minutes ago, Silvz said:

Someone above said he'll only read KEY when they get +18 patches...... I can't lol enough. Although I could just endorse the stereotype of them being terrible, I can add that the newest novels don't have any sex content - Clannad, Rewrite, Planetarian, and that other short one. It's way wiser to read fan fics instead of waiting for something that doesn't even exist.

About this....... I love that they are doing this this way, instead of overpricing the KS and the game itself, and it's nice to see "Key's old style" again, but the coloring is terrible, just horrible. I can get past this if the story is good, and I doubt Mangagamer would risk their reputation with a mediocer game.

I said 18+ versions not patch. I'm fully aware that their new stuff don't have 18+ versions. I'm mostly referring to Little Busters where they didn't release the Ecstasy Edition in English or should they translate Kud Wafter to English I would only read the 18+ version of it. I might as well just watch the anime instead since their is nothing to motivate me to go and read the VN instead.

1 hour ago, xGreyHound said:

If it becomes regular people will probably flip shit. I really don't like how SP does a kickstarter for literally every project to use it as a way to sell stuff rather than to fund an actual project. Especially when its moege.

You literally know that's literally not true and you're literally wrong, right?  Sekai does do a lot of Kickstarters but they also release a lot of games without KS.  They release a lot of games, period.

As for this Kickstarter, it seems to me to be a way for MangaGamer to gauge how much demand there really is for the project.  If their project pulls in five hundred dollars, it's probably not worth spending more than the bare minimum.  If it pulls in five hundred thousand dollars, well, that would be a sign that a lot of people are really interested in this project.

16 minutes ago, bakauchuujin said:

Seems that they only plan to have voice acting if it gets $80,000. It not having voice acting could probably turn a lot of people of.

Yeah, professional Japanese voice actors/actresses are expensive. Especially if they're approaching well known anime seiyuu. 

17 hours ago, RikiSanic said:

I actually don't mind Itaru's artwork (except maybe pre-Clannad) but I'd agree that in this case it doesn't look great. The coloring in particular doesn't look well done.

100% agreed, the colouring burns my eyes. Reminds me of a circa 2002 flash game.

20 hours ago, Nandemonai said:

You literally know that's literally not true and you're literally wrong, right?  Sekai does do a lot of Kickstarters but they also release a lot of games without KS.  They release a lot of games, period.

As for this Kickstarter, it seems to me to be a way for MangaGamer to gauge how much demand there really is for the project.  If their project pulls in five hundred dollars, it's probably not worth spending more than the bare minimum.  If it pulls in five hundred thousand dollars, well, that would be a sign that a lot of people are really interested in this project.

coolio my dood

Just now, bakauchuujin said:

I find adding H-scenes to a title that originally didn't intend for it to be rather stupid.

They do mention the scenes will more so be bonus content you unlock rather than be a part of the story. Which is disappointing to me, but I'll take what I can get. Point being it won't affect the game in a negative way if you don't care for the h-scenes.

6 minutes ago, Codesterz said:

They do mention the scenes will more so be bonus content you unlock rather than be a part of the story. Which is disappointing to me, but I'll take what I can get. Point being it won't affect the game in a negative way if you don't care for the h-scenes.

Personally I am not really interested in the VN, it was just a general stance on implementation of H-scenes. While I like H-scenes that work in the plot, for instance in a nukige or romance VN I just personally feel like if it isn't something that can be put in the VN but needs to be seperate bonus material, due to it not fitting in they should just not have it.

Edited by bakauchuujin

39 minutes ago, Silvz said:

The same people who say that "companies are censoring games with all ages" are asking for a +18 content in this one. But eh, in the end, Mangagamer will do whatever is better for their sales.

I am one of the people who always ask for an uncensored release and I don't want to force anything into 18+ if it isn't planned to be one. Though I am only one person and many people do what you just wrote.