Koropokkur in Love (Released, Discussion, Salt, the usual)

MaggieROBOT

If you remember last year's Anime Expo, Mangagamer is developing their own game together with KEY's artist called Koropokkur in Love ~A Little Fairy’s Tale~. And today they just announced they'll go Sekai route and launch a kickstarter for it. It'll officially lauch in March 13th.

http://blog.mangagamer.org/2018/03/06/koropokkur-page-is-now-live-on-kickstarter/

Some of the rewards are... amusing. Seriously.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1231894392/717836494?ref=533nrd&token=00ee8d23

Edited by MaggieROBOT

Never thought I'd see the day where Mangagamer decided to use a Kickstarter to fund one of their projects. I hope this doesn't become a consistent thing with them. At least they'll still have the good TL quality, unlike Sekai Project. w

And about the game, it seems overly moege for my tastes, so unless I have nothing else to read, I'll probably avoid this one.

4 minutes ago, MaggieROBOT said:

with KEY's artist

Technically, former Key's artist.

6 minutes ago, VirginSmasher said:

Never thought I'd see the day where Mangagamer decided to use a Kickstarter to fund one of their projects. I hope this doesn't become a consistent thing with them. At least they'll still have the good TL quality, unlike Sekai Project. w

Well, I can see why they decided to do that with this particular project, considering they never released original VNs before. But still. :yumiko: I thought they avoided Kickstarter on principle.

As for the game, I literally don't care. My backlog right now is so big that I probably will never get to its bottom anyway.

1 minute ago, DarkZedge said:

Pretty much, as an strictly business move and practice it's pretty effective but it does become quite bothersome for people and users.

It just feels like a not very confident move from companies. I get if you're starting up, but companies still use them and it's pretty annoying.

2 minutes ago, Dreamysyu said:

Well, I can see why they decided to do that with this particular project, considering they never released original VNs before. But still. :yumiko: I thought they avoided Kickstarter on principle.

Fair point.

1 minute ago, bakauchuujin said:

Don't forget Frontwing

Ah right. Frontwing: The Japanese Sekai Project with better translators.

Still can't wait for Island.

2 minutes ago, MaggieROBOT said:

There goes my proofreading again, sasuga me.

Oh wait. I'M SO GOOD THAT NOW SEKAI CAN HIRE ME!!!!

Good one. Be warned. The r/vn Sekai forgivers may crucify you for ever criticizing their precious company that brought them such masterpieces as Nekopara and Creatures Romance.

On principle, I'm much more OK with kickstarting original projects than I'm with kickstarting localisations, but with companies like MangaGamer... I don't really believe they don't have the money to fund this by themselves. They just don't want to take even the slightest bit of risk. It's pretty lame that even major publishers in the western VN scene don't have the guts to do something unless their clients take all the investment risk. :/

Just now, bakauchuujin said:

Btw what do people predict in regards to the kickstarter being funded? Honestly I don't find the art appealing.

I'm firmly of the belief that nobody actually likes Key's old art styles and that they just liked their VNs because they bawled their eyes out while playing them.

10 minutes ago, the tales of Sora said:

They said in the kickstarter campaign that they are planning in releasing the game anyway,they just use kickstarter to make the project bigger.

I really think this is a good idea from them:D

Huh? Then I don't really get why they would want to Kickstart it in the first place...

11 minutes ago, VirginSmasher said:

I'm firmly of the belief that nobody actually likes Key's old art styles and that they just liked their VNs because they bawled their eyes out while playing them.

Well, she got better with time, but, maybe it's not the nicest think to say, but I think she was the weakest member of the original Key crew.

I actually don't mind Itaru's artwork (except maybe pre-Clannad) but I'd agree that in this case it doesn't look great. The coloring in particular doesn't look well done.

As for the project, I'll probably at least go for the digital game tier even though the artwork isn't a selling point and I don't have much confidence in the writer. Unlike others I don't see a problem with MangaGamer doing crowdfunding for an original project and I might as well support their first outing—it's not like they can be that much worse than some of the other projects I've supported in the past.