Visual Novel Geographical Map

Here's a little something I've made that was influenced by the Fire Emblem mod I believe @Zalor showed me (or so I think, correct me if I'm wrong). It's a geographical map showing Fuwanovel and other VN publishers as nations.

visual_novel_geography_map_by_konpekiumi

I apologize for the quality of the text. I tried my best to make the text readable without it being washed out by the colors of the map itself.

Special thanks to @Clephas for supplying most of the lore. It was really appreciated.

The lore of the world:

"Much of the world's economy is reliant on the great Steamvalve Mercantile Guild, which controls the circulation of Erogeemite and its accompanying technological advances."

"Fuwa, a nation of peoples from all over the world, has become the neutral ground for other nations to discuss matters of mutual interest and for the exchange of information."

"Mangagamia, a federation of many lesser nations of varying interests and cultures, remains one of the world's great powers.  However, due to its nature as a collective of nations, it lacks the sheer force and aggressiveness of its rival, the Sekai Empire, and it at times makes poor choices in its Erogeemite research and deployment, preferring numbers over quality."

"The Sekai Empire, having swallowed innumerable nations and tribes of the Fantranslasian Federation, opportunistically eyes the weakened nation of Moenovia, ever hungry for more Erogeemite, the ore which powers its engines of destruction."

"Moenovia, whose Erogeemite technology is far behind the curve, struggles to put up a resistance, unable to compete against the Sekai Empire's Eroo Pacch bombs."

"Frontwingia, having declared independence from its colonial masters, the Sekai Empire, has pursued a policy of internal development and deployment of new Erogeemite weapons, and it has begun to experiment with Eroo Pacch technology."

"The JAST Republic, while once the greatest of the world powers, has begun to stagnate as a society due to the glacial speed with which its legislature takes action and the frequent delays in the deployment of its Erogeemite weapons."

"An abortive invasion from the Mikandi Islands resulted in their forces being repulsed by the Fuwa Militia, staining the seas red with their blood.  This has resulted in an all-out effort on the part of the islanders to improve their Erogeemite technology, hoping to once again make advances on their larger neighbor's rich lands."

"The Typemoon Kingdom has fallen silent, save for limited exports to other nations of its advanced Erogeemite technology.  The age of its king has led to increasing worries over who will succeed him in his duties."

"The arrogant people of Nitroprovence, having gained wealth long ago by submitting themselves to the JAST Republic, now finds itself increasingly dissatisfied with the partnership."

"The Aaeru Ocean was once a feared place to sail, for which it is named after the fearsome pirate Aaeru; scourge of the eroge seas.  Most nations that dared to cross this ocean were unfortunately attacked and raided by her pirate fleet, taking their precious Erogeemite back to her base in Fuwa.  Her reign persisted for years until a her fleet was sunken by a great storm.  Some say there are survivors of her crew that still roam the seas, but these are rumors."

6 minutes ago, Plk_Lesiak said:

The OELVN continent should be called Renainia of Lemma Confederation IMHO. ;)

I called it the OEL Union because most OELVN developers and publishers are independent with no common distribution method other than Steam. I imagine the nation to be one unified nation of independent OELVN provinces, hence the name.

8 minutes ago, tahu157 said:

>Aaeru Ocean

fuckin' lol

Yep. Named after the fearsome pirate Aaeru; scourge of the eroge seas. Most nations that dared to cross this ocean are unfortunately attacked and raided by her pirate fleet, taking their precious loot back to Fuwa. Her reign persisted for a year until a her fleet was sunken by a great storm. Some say there are survivors of her crew that still roam the seas, but these are rumors.

7 minutes ago, Dreamysyu said:

Is Moenovia inhabited by eternally 13 year old French-speaking girls?

Being located in the far south, the cold affects their metabolism to grow slower than most other nations. They're unfortunately stuck in an eternal 12-year old state.

5 hours ago, EastCoastDrifter said:

I called it the OEL Union because most OELVN developers and publishers are independent with no common distribution method other than Steam. I imagine the nation to be one unified nation of independent OELVN provinces, hence the name.

Yeah, I know, but if you'd be looking for something more or less synonymous with the OELVN community (especially in its early years) and not completely generic, it would be the Ren'Ai Archive and the closely-related Lemma Soft Forums. So I think it would be a nice touch. ;)

BTW, there was really meant to be "or" between those two propositions... :<

Edited by Plk_Lesiak

That's quite an interesting idea that you got there. Although if I may say something in regard of Moenovia, I would say that Pulltovania is closer to reality and let's just said that the ruler of Pulltovania was indeed eternally 13 years old French-speaking girls lol. Also I agree that the cold was affected the leader as well, in which it also have made people quite cluless about outside countries lol.

PS - For the refrence, MoeNovel was subsidiary of Pulltop. So instead of MoeNovel, I blamed Pulltop as a whole in regard of 12 years old French girl thing lol.

"The Sekai Empire, having swallowed innumerable nations and tribes of the Fantranslasian Federation, opportunistically eyes the weakened nation of Moenovia, ever hungry for more Erogeemite, the ore which powers its engines of destruction."

5 hours ago, littleshogun said:

That's quite an interesting idea that you got there. Although if I may say something in regard of Moenovia, I would say that Pulltovania is closer to reality and let's just said that the ruler of Pulltovania was indeed eternally 13 years old French-speaking girls lol. Also I agree that the cold was affected the leader as well, in which it also have made people quite cluless about outside countries lol.

PS - For the refrence, MoeNovel was subsidiary of Pulltop. So instead of MoeNovel, I blamed Pulltop as a whole in regard of 12 years old French girl thing lol.

Hmm... You have a point. How about Pulltovania is the capital city of Moenovia? That way, it still be the heart of the nation.

2 hours ago, Clephas said:

Thanks for your contribution to the lore. Love it! :chaika:

"Moenovia, whose Erogeemite technology is far behind the curve, struggles to put up a resistance, unable to compete against the Sekai Empire's Eroo Pacch bombs."

"Much of the world's economy is reliant on the great Steamvalve Mercantile Guild, which controls the circulation of Erogeemite and its accompanying technological advances."

Edit: "The JAST Republic, while once the greatest of the world powers, has begun to stagnate as a society due to the glacial speed with which its legislature takes action and the frequent delays in the deployment of its Erogeemite weapons."

"Frontwingia, having declared independence from its colonial masters, the Sekai Empire, has pursued a policy of internal development and deployment of new Erogeemite weapons, and it has begun to experiment with Eroo Pacch technology."

"Mangagamia, a federation of many lesser nations of varying interests and cultures, remains one of the world's great powers.  However, due to its nature as a collective of nations, it lacks the sheer force and aggressiveness of its rival, the Sekai Empire, and it at times makes poor choices in its Erogeemite research and deployment, preferring numbers over quality."

"Fuwa, a nation of peoples from all over the world, has become the neutral ground for other nations to discuss matters of mutual interest and for the exchange of information."

"An abortive invasion from the Mikandi Islands resulted in their forces being repulsed by the Fuwa Militia, staining the seas red with their blood.  This has resulted in an all-out effort on the part of the islanders to improve their Erogeemite technology, hoping to once again make advances on their larger neighbor's rich lands."

"The Typemoon Kingdom has fallen silent, save for limited exports to other nations of its advanced Erogeemite technology.  The age of its king has led to increasing worries over who will succeed him in his duties."

"The arrogant people of Nitroprovence, having gained wealth long ago by submitting themselves to the JAST Republic, now finds itself increasingly dissatisfied with the partnership."

7 hours ago, Plk_Lesiak said:

Yeah, I know, but if you'd be looking for something more or less synonymous with the OELVN community (especially in its early years) and not completely generic, it would be the Ren'Ai Archive and the closely-related Lemma Soft Forums. So I think it would be a nice touch. ;)

BTW, there was really meant to be "or" between those two propositions... :<

BTW, how's this for the lore of the OEL Union?

"The OEL Union is a collective of independent provinces who all rely on the Steamvalve Mercantile Guild to establish trade with other nations. However, they all need to work together to form stability over the long term, for each of the provinces themselves are not stable enough on their own. However, a cult to the north named "The Doki Doki Separatists", who under the belief of their religion god Monika, aims to break away from the union to form their own nation. This has created fear among the union and other nations, as their influence has spread worldwide in an attempt to gain support for their cause."

7 minutes ago, EastCoastDrifter said:

BTW, how's this for the lore of the OEL Union?

"The OEL Union is a collective of independent provinces who all rely on the Steamvalve Mercantile Guild to establish trade with other nations. However, they all need to work together to form stability over the long term, for each of the provinces themselves are not stable enough on their own. However, a cult to the north named "The Doki Doki Separatists", who under the belief of their religion god Monika, aims to break away from the union to form their own nation. This has created fear among the union and other nations, as their influence has spread worldwide in an attempt to gain support for their cause."

Hmmm, still missing the freeware anarchists angle. :P I have to go to sleep now, maybe I will propose a proper narration for this tomorrow. ;)

I really like all the backstories to each nation. If it were a game I would see the Sekai Empire as the evil expanding empire that needs to be stopped at all costs (By Aaeru's surviving crew naturally). Maybe a community project creating a VN about the western VN community is just the thing for Fuwa. But most of us are probably too lazy for that. Either way, great map!

2 hours ago, Zalor said:

I really like all the backstories to each nation. If it were a game I would see the Sekai Empire as the evil expanding empire that needs to be stopped at all costs (By Aaeru's surviving crew naturally). Maybe a community project creating a VN about the western VN community is just the thing for Fuwa. But most of us are probably too lazy for that. Either way, great map!

Thanks. Although you should thank @Clephas for supplying most of the lore through his comments, which I really like, so it was greatly appreciated. I have yet to come up with the lore for the OEL Union and Keyland, though I do have a rough idea for the former, and it involves a certain western VN that took the world by storm in 2017.

On 3/6/2018 at 7:09 AM, EastCoastDrifter said:

Hmm... You have a point. How about Pulltovania is the capital city of Moenovia? That way, it still be the heart of the nation.

I like that idea then and in that case, I think adding the capitals for each country would make the setting more interesting. Just my suggestion here.