Our New first Visual Novel

arkamsoft

27 minutes ago, Plk_Lesiak said:

I don't think it's anywhere near 15% TBH.

Me too, hence why I'm so surprised at his amusing "15% of active users is so bad! A bad trend on Fuwa I noticed!" post.

Devs are a completely different topic and are pretty insignificant in the grand scheme of things. The "hit&run" tactic isn't so bad if your main post is at least presented well, if you just want a few more bucks from an easy forum promotion, there's not much point in engaging with a community on every forum you stumble upon. But your advertisement should be readable of course, this guy is just silly and actually making things worse for his company.

Edited by novurdim

A lot of developers don't really see the value of getting involved in a community. A lot of them don't do much in the way of marketing, even.

It takes a few games--if you last that long--before you realize that it's a privilege to be able to create and have people give you their attention.

People respond well to mutual respect and grace.

Poor thing really did mess up here. Not only did they get a lot of negative attention, but they also missed out on one of the great VN communities available to them.

Edited by arosia

6 hours ago, novurdim said:

15% of active users is so bad! A bad trend on Fuwa I noticed!

I never said 15% of active users are bad, I said 15% of the total users are active and engaging in the community, which is a good thing. Next time, read my post more carefully, because you misinterpreted what I said there. :amane:

3 hours ago, EastCoastDrifter said:

I never said 15% of active users are bad, I said 15% of the total users are active and engaging in the community, which is a good thing. Next time, read my post more carefully.

Now that's one amazing leap of logic, that post was as far from a positive one as it could get. But sure, if you say so, maybe next time I'll get lucky and it'll be more obvious.

6 minutes ago, novurdim said:

Now that's one amazing leap of logic, that post was as far from a positive one as it could get. But sure, if you say so, maybe next time I'll get lucky and it'll be more obvious.

I don't want this to delve into an argument, so here's my original post in case you've forgot.

I've noticed that this has been an ongoing thing on Fuwa. Out of all the users registered here, only about 15% are active and engaging in the community, and about 3% of them are developers that actually form relationships with other users like @arosia. The remaining 85% are sadly abandoned accounts that have only made one or a couple of posts. They join Fuwa, and then disappear just as quickly. They're like ghosts.

Not once did I say that 15% of active users are a bad thing. I was only referring to the small number of active users when compared to the grand total of users on Fuwa. Maybe I didn't word it properly, in which case, I do apologize for that.

4 hours ago, EastCoastDrifter said:

Not once did I say that 15% of active users are a bad thing. I was only referring to the small number of active users when compared to the grand total of users on Fuwa. Maybe I didn't word it properly, in which case, I do apologize for that.

There's no problem and definitely no need for a serious argument since it doesn't even really matter, I'm just being a bit rude is all.

On 2/3/2018 at 2:55 PM, tahu157 said:

Do me a favor. Edit your post, press ctrl+A, hit this button: XAy3bWz.png, and then save.

On 2/3/2018 at 2:57 PM, NowItsAngeTime said:

Or copy it to a text editor.

On 2/3/2018 at 3:01 PM, Arcadeotic said:

Holy hell, this formatting is murdering my vision.

On 2/3/2018 at 3:30 PM, Ranzo said:

http://www.reactiongifs.com/r/mye.gif

Sorry all of you about your eyes vakfTOp.png Thanks a lot, and sorry for that horrible format, I hope is ok now.

On 2/3/2018 at 3:23 PM, URV said:

For anyone still interested in reading about this properly, even despite the OP's lack of effort to make it presentable, here's a more readable version:

Reveal hidden contents

tumblr_inline_p4y7sqMyVH1s48m6j_540.jpg

My first game with a great team of talented people!
You can buy it Here on Nutaku! for 7$USD

tumblr_inline_p4y1my3JxY1s48m6j_540.png

PHC is an adult western Visual Novel, set in a fantastic world, where you play as Quinn, a novice White Mage who seeks to become a hero, accompanied by four strong women in a guild filled with adventure and lewd moments.

tumblr_inline_p4y1sgYulH1s48m6j_540.png

tumblr_inline_p4y7unQM0P1s48m6j_540.png
Mayhem roses is the strongest guild in the kingdom of Sears, there are countless tales about how they  have overcome the hardest dungeons and collected great treasures on their journeys, few people know them personally, but their name is well known by any whom may be called an adventurer. But recently they received a terrible loss in their last mission.

[NSFW image]

Our protagonist Quinn wiill join them trying to find the mysterious forces the evil that looms over the kingdom, while getting closer to the girls of the guild and knowing them better.

tumblr_inline_p4y1sokIWc1s48m6j_540.png
Having a third person narrative differs from most VN, as here we can see the protagonist, Quinn, interacting with the members of the guild, expressing emotions and letting us know more about himself.

PHC has an art style different from most Visual Novels, trying to show influence from japanese anime but keeping some elements from the western style, The diverse cast of characters display a wide range of personalities and views on life.

tumblr_inline_p4y1ss8f8I1s48m6j_540.png

tumblr_inline_p4y7rj4NFO1s48m6j_540.jpg
Our protagonist Quinn, a White Mage eager to be a hero, and a little pervert, but with a really pure heart

tumblr_inline_p4y7m76DOE1s48m6j_540.jpg
Nia, the Thief, uses her young appearance to feign innocence. Flirtatious and greedy, she takes advantage of her appearance to trick people into believing she is a little girl, even if she is the oldest of all the Mayhem Roses.

tumblr_inline_p4y7oc8aGq1s48m6j_540.jpg
Corinne, the Amazon, belongs to a race that is unbelievably strong and can turn her skin as hard as iron when she is in battle mode… maing her get really hot, almost steamy.

tumblr_inline_p4y7o57aC71s48m6j_540.jpg
Ebelle, the Knight, is an honorable, stoic and responsible woman. She is part of a race of people who struggled a lot in a wild, savage land, but who knew how to overcome their burdens with sheer tenacity and a resilient spirit. She is physically strong, but above that she is a master tactician.

tumblr_inline_p4y7not7MM1s48m6j_540.jpg
Abigail, the Mage, is a master of the dark and arcane arts. Seductive and aware of her attractiveness, she enjoys spending time with men, drinking and dancing. Life is her playground and knowledge and looks, her weapon.

tumblr_inline_p4y1svkgLI1s48m6j_540.png
It all started with a couple of simple flash games developed by our members Crisisbeat and Kamuilo, but we soon realized that we were passionate about developing games, as this was also our opportunity to tell a thousand stories to fellow gamers and enthusiasts just like us.

We want to create worlds, stories, so a Visual Novel was the next step to follow, and here we are! Thank you so much for reading, and we truly hope you’ll enjoy PHC!

You can buy it Here on Nutaku! for 7$USD

By the way, the guy also failed to provide any links to actually buying the game, haha.

Thanks a lot, and sorry for the trouble, it really helped me to fix things, I`m new posting on forums and didnt know how to preview my post

35 minutes ago, arkamsoft said:

Well, next time when you promote your VN on other forums and social media, check how your post looks before leaving, it may save you a lot of trouble later. Sorry if I sounded a bit blunt in my earlier posts in this thread, but your original post was simply unreadable, and the fact that after posting you didn't notice how it looked and simply disappeared, obviously, didn't leave a good impression on me.

But, well, good luck with your project later and don't repeat the mistake you made here! ;)

On 3/3/2018 at 7:44 AM, arosia said:

A lot of developers don't really see the value of getting involved in a community. A lot of them don't do much in the way of marketing, even.

It takes a few games--if you last that long--before you realize that it's a privilege to be able to create and have people give you their attention.

People respond well to mutual respect and grace.

Poor thing really did mess up here. Not only did they get a lot of negative attention, but they also missed out on one of the great VN communities available to them.

You are right about that, I didn`t post on fuwanovel before, but i have been reading a lot of the posts that have tips, or tutorials about how to make a good visual novel (that makes even worse that our first post was such a trainwreck :( because we have a lot to thank to this page) 

Anyway  most of you were very respectful about it and We are grateful for that, we are planning on keep an  eye not only to this post but over all the forum to learn more about V.N and make our games better. 

4 hours ago, arkamsoft said:

You are right about that, I didn`t post on fuwanovel before, but i have been reading a lot of the posts that have tips, or tutorials about how to make a good visual novel (that makes even worse that our first post was such a trainwreck :( because we have a lot to thank to this page) 

Anyway  most of you were very respectful about it and We are grateful for that, we are planning on keep an  eye not only to this post but over all the forum to learn more about V.N and make our games better. 

You came back and did a much better job of presenting yourself and your game.

I understand the desire to put up all the info in all the places. You're very busy. It takes a lot of effort to make a game while also marketing it.

You're going to get a lot of engagement on Fuwa. This is a really organic community, filled with a lot more VN readers instead of VN makers. If you need to ignore 7 other places to do Fuwa right, then it's a good idea to do that. 

I hope you have a great time here and I can't wait to see more about your game.

Edited by arosia

On 5/3/2018 at 11:32 PM, arosia said:

You came back and did a much better job of presenting yourself and your game.

I understand the desire to put up all the info in all the places. You're very busy. It takes a lot of effort to make a game while also marketing it.

You're going to get a lot of engagement on Fuwa. This is a really organic community, filled with a lot more VN readers instead of VN makers. If you need to ignore 7 other places to do Fuwa right, then it's a good idea to do that. 

I hope you have a great time here and I can't wait to see more about your game.

Thank you very much, by the way, we saw your novel in the site you have, it looks very interesting, we are very excited to see it.