Our New first Visual Novel

arkamsoft

First of all thanks to the user URV for fixing the format of our post , we got really excited the first day we launched our first game that used another forum format and put it here :(

This is our first game, visual novel and project together as a team, and when we found this forum, it was really great to learn from so many people that enjoy Visual Novels as much as we do, we just started our account but we have been reading a lot of posts from here, trying to learn what are the most important things to have in mind  to do a great story.

We are sorry for making this post look like it was rushed (It really was, and I´m glad so many people responded to this with answers)

We will be here not only responding your messages about our game (that is really far from perfect right now) but also participating and learning from all of you who have a lot more experience on what does a good VN need to be likeable!

tumblr_inline_p4y7sqMyVH1s48m6j_540.jpg

My first game with a great team of talented people!
You can buy it Here on Nutaku! for 7$USD

tumblr_inline_p4y1my3JxY1s48m6j_540.png

PHC is an adult western Visual Novel, set in a fantastic world, where you play as Quinn, a novice White Mage who seeks to become a hero, accompanied by four strong women in a guild filled with adventure and lewd moments.

tumblr_inline_p4y1sgYulH1s48m6j_540.png

tumblr_inline_p4y7unQM0P1s48m6j_540.png
Mayhem roses is the strongest guild in the kingdom of Sears, there are countless tales about how they  have overcome the hardest dungeons and collected great treasures on their journeys, few people know them personally, but their name is well known by any whom may be called an adventurer. But recently they received a terrible loss in their last mission.

[NSFW image]

Our protagonist Quinn wiill join them trying to find the mysterious forces the evil that looms over the kingdom, while getting closer to the girls of the guild and knowing them better.

tumblr_inline_p4y1sokIWc1s48m6j_540.png
Having a third person narrative differs from most VN, as here we can see the protagonist, Quinn, interacting with the members of the guild, expressing emotions and letting us know more about himself.

PHC has an art style different from most Visual Novels, trying to show influence from japanese anime but keeping some elements from the western style, The diverse cast of characters display a wide range of personalities and views on life.

tumblr_inline_p4y1ss8f8I1s48m6j_540.png

tumblr_inline_p4y7rj4NFO1s48m6j_540.jpg
Our protagonist Quinn, a White Mage eager to be a hero, and a little pervert, but with a really pure heart

tumblr_inline_p4y7m76DOE1s48m6j_540.jpg
Nia, the Thief, uses her young appearance to feign innocence. Flirtatious and greedy, she takes advantage of her appearance to trick people into believing she is a little girl, even if she is the oldest of all the Mayhem Roses.

tumblr_inline_p4y7oc8aGq1s48m6j_540.jpg
Corinne, the Amazon, belongs to a race that is unbelievably strong and can turn her skin as hard as iron when she is in battle mode… maing her get really hot, almost steamy.

tumblr_inline_p4y7o57aC71s48m6j_540.jpg
Ebelle, the Knight, is an honorable, stoic and responsible woman. She is part of a race of people who struggled a lot in a wild, savage land, but who knew how to overcome their burdens with sheer tenacity and a resilient spirit. She is physically strong, but above that she is a master tactician.

tumblr_inline_p4y7not7MM1s48m6j_540.jpg
Abigail, the Mage, is a master of the dark and arcane arts. Seductive and aware of her attractiveness, she enjoys spending time with men, drinking and dancing. Life is her playground and knowledge and looks, her weapon.

tumblr_inline_p4y1svkgLI1s48m6j_540.png
It all started with a couple of simple flash games developed by our members Crisisbeat and Kamuilo, but we soon realized that we were passionate about developing games, as this was also our opportunity to tell a thousand stories to fellow gamers and enthusiasts just like us.

We want to create worlds, stories, so a Visual Novel was the next step to follow, and here we are! Thank you so much for reading, and we truly hope you’ll enjoy PHC!

Please accept our sincere apologies and thanks so much for your support. 

Edited by arkamsoft
Bad scripting and many errors on format

6 minutes ago, EastCoastDrifter said:

Wow, all images are not found. Nothing to show for huh?

Because of the closing image tag at the end of every link they break when you try clicking on them. If you copy and past the links into the url bar though, and remove the ending image tag, the images show up just fine.

1 minute ago, tahu157 said:

Because of the closing image tag at the end of every link they break when you try clicking on them. If you copy and past the links into the url bar though, and remove the ending image tag, the images show up just fine.

Still, those links are not properly embedded in the thread. I... I got no comment.

For anyone still interested in reading about this properly, even despite the OP's lack of effort to make it presentable, here's a more readable version:

Spoiler

PHC is an adult western Visual Novel, set in a fantastic world, where you play as Quinn, a novice White Mage who seeks to become a hero, accompanied by four strong women in a guild filled with adventure and lewd moments.

Mayhem roses is the strongest guild in the kingdom of Sears, there are countless tales about how they  have overcome the hardest dungeons and collected great treasures on their journeys, few people know them personally, but their name is well known by any whom may be called an adventurer. But recently they received a terrible loss in their last mission.

[NSFW image]

Our protagonist Quinn wiill join them trying to find the mysterious forces the evil that looms over the kingdom, while getting closer to the girls of the guild and knowing them better.

Having a third person narrative differs from most VN, as here we can see the protagonist, Quinn, interacting with the members of the guild, expressing emotions and letting us know more about himself.

PHC has an art style different from most Visual Novels, trying to show influence from japanese anime but keeping some elements from the western style, The diverse cast of characters display a wide range of personalities and views on life.

Our protagonist Quinn, a White Mage eager to be a hero, and a little pervert, but with a really pure heart

Nia, the Thief, uses her young appearance to feign innocence. Flirtatious and greedy, she takes advantage of her appearance to trick people into believing she is a little girl, even if she is the oldest of all the Mayhem Roses.

Corinne, the Amazon, belongs to a race that is unbelievably strong and can turn her skin as hard as iron when she is in battle mode… maing her get really hot, almost steamy.

Ebelle, the Knight, is an honorable, stoic and responsible woman. She is part of a race of people who struggled a lot in a wild, savage land, but who knew how to overcome their burdens with sheer tenacity and a resilient spirit. She is physically strong, but above that she is a master tactician.

Abigail, the Mage, is a master of the dark and arcane arts. Seductive and aware of her attractiveness, she enjoys spending time with men, drinking and dancing. Life is her playground and knowledge and looks, her weapon.

It all started with a couple of simple flash games developed by our members Crisisbeat and Kamuilo, but we soon realized that we were passionate about developing games, as this was also our opportunity to tell a thousand stories to fellow gamers and enthusiasts just like us.

We want to create worlds, stories, so a Visual Novel was the next step to follow, and here we are! Thank you so much for reading, and we truly hope you’ll enjoy PHC!

By the way, the guy also failed to provide any links to actually buying the game, haha.

Edited by URV

11 minutes ago, EastCoastDrifter said:

Still, those links are not properly embedded in the thread. I... I got no comment

Yeah, it's a trainwreck of a post. No doubt about that.

10 minutes ago, URV said:

For anyone still interested in reading about this properly, even despite the OP's lack of effort to make it presentable, here's a more readable version:

Not that I don't appreciate your work here, but I feel like you shouldn't do this kinda footwork for them.

10 minutes ago, URV said:

Reveal hidden contents

You can buy it Here  on Nutaku! for 7$USD

[NSFW image]

You can buy it Here  on Nutaku! for 7$USD

By the way, the guy also failed to provide any links to actually buying the game, haha. You're doing quite a good job at selling your game.

Honestly, the evident lack of interest in properly promoting their VN shows that the more readable version of the text is unnecessary. :makina:

Haha, I can see where you're both coming from, yeah. I'll make a mental note to leave it be next time something like this happens, but I'll leave my post there for now. Hint, hint, I wonder if the OP can at least do the tremendous effort to just copy-paste the contents from there to the original post without somehow butchering it up?

1 minute ago, URV said:

Hint, hint, I wonder if the OP can at least do the tremendous effort to just copy-paste the contents from there to the original post without somehow butchering it up?

I doubt he'll come back. Most of these VN promoting users show up on Fuwa once to advertise their work, and then vanish, and we never see them again.

3 minutes ago, EastCoastDrifter said:

I doubt he'll come back. Most of these VN promoting users show up on Fuwa once to advertise their work, and then vanish, and we never see them again.

Yeah, I was thinking the same, which was part of the reason why I bothered doing it in the first place.

Then again, I have the feeling no one here would actually buy the game, truth be told.

Edited by URV

34 minutes ago, URV said:

Reveal hidden contents

[NSFW image]

By the way, the guy also failed to provide any links to actually buying the game, haha.

This... Doesn't look as horrible as I expected. :o I don't think I can get over the "PR department's" work in the original post though. If it at least had been posted in the right subforum... :vinty:

hmmmm.... I get dizzy ~ 

you already has Image URL, Then you can attached that image with "Insert Other Media " -> "Insert Image from URL "  ( Its seems You can't use command "[ img] LINK [ /img]" here )

and do his favor :

3 hours ago, tahu157 said:

Do me a favor. Edit your post, press ctrl+A, hit this button: XAy3bWz.png, and then save.

3 hours ago, EastCoastDrifter said:

Which I feel is a real shame. If more of them actually bothered to join this community, I think it would allow them to have a better relationship with the VN community. And in turn that would benefit both them, and us (since we are a community that tries to promote VNs in the west). But instead most of these people produce relatively low-quality VNs, don't seem to have a genuine love for the medium, and above all else, are just trying to make a quick buck as VNs are gaining some momentum. Their only interest is a boost in small term sales instead of trying to build relationships that would help them in the long run if they actually tried to integrate with the VN community. /endrant

3 hours ago, Zalor said:

Which I feel is a real shame. If more of them actually bothered to join this community, I think it would allow them to have a better relationship with the VN community. And in turn that would benefit both them, and us (since we are a community that tries to promote VNs in the west). But instead most of these people produce relatively low-quality VNs, don't seem to have a genuine love for the medium, and above all else, are just trying to make a quick buck as VNs are gaining some momentum. Their only interest is a boost in small term sales instead of trying to build relationships that would help them in the long run if they actually tried to integrate with the VN community. /endrant

I've noticed that this has been an ongoing thing on Fuwa. Out of all the users registered here, only about 15% are active and engaging in the community, and about 3% of them are developers that actually form relationships with other users like @arosia. The remaining 85% are sadly abandoned accounts that have only made one or a couple of posts. They join Fuwa, and then disappear just as quickly. They're like ghosts.

3 hours ago, EastCoastDrifter said:

I've noticed that this has been an ongoing thing on Fuwa. Out of all the users registered here, only about 15% are active and engaging in the community. The remaining 85% are sadly abandoned accounts that have only made one or a couple of posts. They join Fuwa, and then disappear just as quickly. They're like ghosts.

Erm, so, like every forum ever created? If true, 15% is an amazingly big number.

Edited by novurdim

34 minutes ago, novurdim said:

Erm, so, like every forum ever created? If true, 15% is an amazingly big number.

I don't think it's anywhere near 15% TBH.

Also, when it comes to what @EastCoastDrifter said, devs rarely getting involved around here nowadays just goes to how limited the benefits of that would be - our community is not that fond of OELVNs in the first place and without chance of being featured on the frontpage, which still receives decent traffic, going beyond posting basic info about your game and maybe following with a few updates is not worth the effort, if you think about potential sales gain. Just dumping one post and never coming back might be a fairly mean thing to do, but it doesn't surprise me or seem unreasonable from the pragmatic point of view.

Which doesn't change the fact that posting this kind of an unreadable mess and not even bothering to do anything about it is on another level of not giving a fuck. :P