Fureraba Release Date

NowItsAngeTime

https://nekonyansoft.com/blog/fureraba-release-date

Notable things for people to don't want to read the link:

• Releases Friday, March 30
  • Will be on their website, Nutaku, and FAKKU
  • Steam version will be delayed a few weeks due to "German bureaucracy relating to taxes"
  • The standard edition of Fureraba will be available for $29,99. The deluxe edition, which comes with the full OST of the game, for $36,99.
  • Fureraba ~Friend to Lover~ Mini Fandisk is going to be released later this year as well. It will be available for free for all who preorder Fureraba in their store, or purchase the game before the 15th of April in their store. (so buy the game from their store people!)

Cool that they're getting their first release so soon.

Hopefully it works out for them.

Edited by NowItsAngeTime

Their first release. Hopefully nothing bad will happen. Good luck Nekonya.

Well, honestly I am not really interested in another Moege VN with no Drama at the moment! I will play it sometime if I want to read a heart-warming romance Story with comedy. But I need drama in romance story's...

But I hope the translation will be good because I am a little bit looking forward to read Sanoba Witch.

:OneTrueRen:

Edited by -soraa

51 minutes ago, alchemicalhaze said:

(P.s. Mods, please ignore if I accidentally reported the first post, I sometimes accidentally hit buttons with this damn phone)

Nope, you're good.  You have to submit text in order to send a report, so unless you dragged your fingers across your phone repeatedly without looking at the screen, odds are you won't actually send a report.

That's fast... Now it's all about the translation quality if they can keep this kind of release schedule without making it unreadable they have some bright future before them...

Or not. After browsing Steam Spy statistics I'm starting to wonder if there's a big enough market for straight-up moege in the West right now. Literally every SoL VN published on Steam in 2017 had shitty sale numbers, apart from Nekopara, that one Nekopara rip-off and Sakura games. If NekoNyan don't differentiate with their line-up they might be up for a disappointment.

Edited by Plk_Lesiak

13 minutes ago, Plk_Lesiak said:

That's fast... Now it's all about the translation quality if they can keep this kind of release schedule without making it unreadable they have some bright future before them...

What's wrong with their schedule? From what I understand, they started working on this VN long before they announced themselves as a new company.

Hard to really know how big the visual novel market in the west really is. Also I wonder how well informed a lot of people are about different VN releases. On Fuwa most people seem to know what things are released but that is probably not true for the casual people who only occationally play VNs. When looking at the VN kickstarters it seems like marketing plays a large factor in how many backs the project. There may be a lot of people who would get some moege titles who simply don't know about them. Also there seem to be a trend where people mainly buy cheap VNs and wait for sales, probably a big reason as to why SP has sold so many copies. I would gues the important thing for them will be how well they do marketing and what their plan is in regards to sales.

42 minutes ago, Dreamysyu said:

What's wrong with their schedule? From what I understand, they started working on this VN long before they announced themselves as a new company.

Well, maybe I'm just used to JAST-style never-ending translation projects and constant delays. :P And I didn't mean there's something wrong with it, just that it seems quite ambitious. And NekoNyan, as much as I understand, is a small team after all, didn't know they've started it that long before the official announcement. :)

Edited by Plk_Lesiak

3 minutes ago, Plk_Lesiak said:

And NekoNyan, as much as I understand, is a small team after all, didn't know they've started it that long before the official announcement. :)

Hmmm, from what I remember, when they announced their projects, they said that the work on this particular game was almost finished. And it's actually a pretty clever decision to announce themselves close to the release of an actual game, to release it while people are still talking about them.

Well, of course it all will be for naught if the quality of the release is shit.

7 minutes ago, Infernoplex said:

Everybody's talking about Nyan's competence but I barely see anybody talking about SolPress now. What's going on? Did the SolPress prove themselves as capable, or what?

SolPress released a demo. That settled people's opinions, whether good or bad.

NekoNyan has no such thing, which is why all remain eagerly awaiting.

Yes Sol Press has demos for both of their upcoming VNs. One's releasing this month. The other is planned to release by May or so.

NekoNyan has no demos or previews BUT they were ambitious in their promises of no kickstarters and trying to curb a lot of the so called issues in current official localizations these days which is why people are cautiously optimstic.

4 hours ago, Mr Poltroon said:

SolPress released a demo. That settled people's opinions, whether good or bad.

NekoNyan has no such thing, which is why all remain eagerly awaiting.

11 minutes ago, NowItsAngeTime said:

Yes Sol Press has demos for both of their upcoming VNs. One's releasing this month. The other is planned to release by May or so.

NekoNyan has no demos or previews BUT they were ambitious in their promises of no kickstarters and trying to curb a lot of the so called issues in current official localizations these days which is why people are cautiously optimstic.

Ah, I see. Yes, that's indeed true. Somehow I forgot about the fact that they released demos. Well, in any case, I wish both NekoNyan and SolPress good luck.

6 hours ago, Plk_Lesiak said:

Or not. After browsing Steam Spy statistics I'm starting to wonder if there's a big enough market for straight-up moege in the West right now. Literally every SoL VN published on Steam in 2017 had shitty sale numbers, apart from Nekopara, that one Nekopara rip-off and Sakura games. If NekoNyan don't differentiate with their line-up they might be up for a disappointment.

This is good news to me personally, but then that also means plotge are doing worse than that. :badnicoman:

Either way, Furureba doesn't seem to have anything interesting or gimmicky going for it, so it may do poorly or who knows. It could do well enough.

5 hours ago, Plk_Lesiak said:

Well, maybe I'm just used to JAST-style never-ending translation projects and constant delays. :P And I didn't mean there's something wrong with it, just that it seems quite ambitious. And NekoNyan, as much as I understand, is a small team after all, didn't know they've started it that long before the official announcement. :)

It would make sense for a company like this to gather licenses and work on them beforehand to release something soon after the company's announcement.

4 hours ago, Infernoplex said:

Everybody's talking about Nyan's competence but I barely see anybody talking about SolPress now. What's going on? Did the SolPress prove themselves as capable, or what?

They have not yet, but they have demos out and according to JP readers, the translation work is alright. Nothing phenomenal or anything.I

14 minutes ago, NowItsAngeTime said:

From my perspective, it's a mix of "I'm happy that there's a new company and I hope they do well" and "The guys who run this company have a bad track record and I can't exactly trust them until they actually release something" in this community.

2 minutes ago, VirginSmasher said:

They have not yet, but they have demos out and according to JP readers, the translation work is alright. Nothing phenomenal or anything.I

Oh my... when I read that part "...according to JP readers, the translation work is alright.", I was like "Wow, what a compliment for a translation!" :D

But then came "Nothing phenomenal or anything."

This just reminded me again of how we perceive the western VN scene and the translations we are getting. Most of us get satisfied if it only "reads like English", LOL :D

But yeah, I know. It's better when the VN reads much better than just a bare translation. Sadly, the number of VNs who were translated badly/alright greatly surpass the number of VNs that were translated very good (as in written to read not just like a bare translation, but also as a novel that flows well in English).

1 minute ago, Infernoplex said:

Oh my... when I read that part "...according to JP readers, the translation work is alright.", I was like "Wow, what a compliment for a translation!" :D

But then came "Nothing phenomenal or anything."

This just reminded me again of how we perceive the western VN scene and the translations we are getting. Most of us get satisfied if it only "reads like English", LOL :D

But yeah, I know. It's better when the VN reads much better than just a bare translation. Sadly, the number of VNs who were translated badly/alright greatly surpass the number of VNs that were translated very good (as in written to read not just like a bare translation, but also as a novel that flows well in English).

I'll accept passable translations. I'll never read anything with a bad TL though.

And it's hard to be a good translator with a medium such as VNs anyways, so a ratio of more average/bad TL to good TL is expected.

• 2 weeks later...