How do you read VNs?

Plk_Lesiak

This is actually something Clephas's birthday post made me think about. I personally try to avoid sitting when reading VNs as much as possible, because my earlier habit of obsessive gameplay sessions was pretty heavy on my back. Whenever I can I actually try... Exercise, while the VN goes on autoplay. I have a punching bag in my room and I must look like the biggest weirdo on Earth hitting it while looking at the screen with cute anime girls on it... But it actually helped me get slightly more in-shape and, most importantly, get rid of back pain most on the time.

So, how do you guys play your VNs? Do you have any workarounds to avoid excessive sitting when reading them? Or simply you don't do it enough to feel negative side effects? 

Edited by Plk_Lesiak

3 minutes ago, Plk_Lesiak said:

I have a punching bag in my room and I must look like the biggest weirdo on Earth hitting it while looking at the screed with cute anime girls on it...

LOL that image must be priceless.

I usually just sit in front of the computer and play. Sometimes if what I'm playing doesn't require much focusing I can do some elliptical, but I usually watch anime while doing that.

15 minutes ago, Plk_Lesiak said:

I have a punching bag in my room and I must look like the biggest weirdo on Earth hitting it while looking at the screed with cute anime girls on it...

:sacchan: It must look interesting.

Well, I'm pretty much always sitting while reading VNs. I need to concentrate while I'm reading, and I usually can't do that if I'm doing something else at the same time. Though I try to make pauses from time to time.

Well, I do a lot of strength and endurance training. Therefore I have actually no problem to sit for a considerable time. Furthermore I am a student and most of the time I sit because I have to learn. 
However I read my VN's mostly in the evening and I don't sit but I lie in my bed.  :D 

SOMETIMES it is really annoying to read VN's with my laptop because I don't want to lie always on my back... Therefore I am streaming VN's to my smartphone if I can't play them on KK2. :P 
Lying on the bed + Smartphone = It's so much easier! After jogging I don't feel like to sit because I do a lot of sprints and I just want to lie in my bed and read something :) 

Edited by -soraa

24 minutes ago, MaggieROBOT said:

I usually lie in my bed with the notebook by my side... Wow, I must look super lazy now...

Same.

40 minutes ago, Plk_Lesiak said:

Whenever I can I actually try... Exercise, while the VN goes on autoplay. I have a punching bag in my room and I must look like the biggest weirdo on Earth hitting it while looking at the screed with cute anime girls on it... But it actually helped me get slightly more in-shape and, most importantly, get rid of back pain most on the time.

That's some badass shit, but i wouldn't be able to do that because i couldn't get immersed in what i'm reading.

8 minutes ago, onorub said:

i wouldn't be able to do that because i couldn't get immersed in what i'm reading.

Well, yeah, I don't do it all the time, but with more casual reads/moments it doesn't really make that much difference for me (just like with the fluffy anime I watch). And, well, it clears my conscience a bit when it goes to how I'm spending my time. ;p

57 minutes ago, Plk_Lesiak said:

Whenever I can I actually try... Exercise, while the VN goes on autoplay. I have a punching bag in my room and I must look like the biggest weirdo on Earth hitting it while looking at the screed with cute anime girls on it... But it actually helped me get slightly more in-shape and, most importantly, get rid of back pain most on the time.

Bro, I wished I had a punching bag in my room... Did you watch the anime Hajime no Ippo? 
Instead of reading a VN I would rather watch this to become more and more motivated:

Edited by -soraa