Anyone use "VNDS Interpreter" for Android?

BaronKrause

Just wondering if anyone here uses this, considering purchasing it and maybe even upscaling a few old VNDS converted VN's.

The app currently seems unpurchasable from the store, always giving you a transaction error. Im assuming its something on the receiving end that's not right because i'm able to purchase other apps immediately after without issue.

I found a ridiculously old apk for it in an old guide on these forums and have used that to test, and it works well. But for the life of me I can't tell where it puts the save files, are they in a user accessible and backup/restorable location (without root)? When you go to manage saves it shows you a list of .sav files with the games name in front, but no hint on where they actually are. It's honestly not a big deal since these aren't like games where you build a character (and hell, most are kinetic anyway) but i'm just curious, as it would seem odd to lock those away from non root view.

Thanks!

I used it at some point, and I wouldn't recommend using it. It was quite a lot of time ago, but, from what I remember, in the games I tried a lot of functionality from the PC versions was lost, including animation and normal menus, and the saves weren't compatible with the normal versions. And there aren't that many compatible VNs, just some classics, and that's all.

3 hours ago, Dreamysyu said:

I used it at some point, and I wouldn't recommend using it. It was quite a lot of time ago, but, from what I remember, in the games I tried a lot of functionality from the PC versions was lost, including animation and normal menus, and the saves weren't compatible with the normal versions. And there aren't that many compatible VNs, just some classics, and that's all.

Same, I also wouldn't recommend it.
But if you really want to play some VN's on your Android device, then I would recommend you: Kirikiroid2 
5€ for the english version and the chinese version is for free but you have to change your language settings to chinese. 
Furthermore with Kirikiroid2 you can play all VN's which use the Kiri Kiri engine and there is no loss in animation, sound, menus, save and so on. Everything will be the same just like you are playing on your computer.

Which VN's can you play? (all VN's with ".xp3" data.)
Some examples would be:
- Fate/stay night realuta nua version
- all games from Yuzusoft (Dracu Riot, Noble Works and so on...)
- Koi ga Saku Koro Sakura Doki
- G-senjou no Maou
- Grisaia Phantom Trigger (Grisaia no Kajitsu however use a different engine. Therefore you can't play it on your android device!)
- Neko Para

But most of the games need a patch, here is a download list: PATCH and you can also find other VN's which use the Kiri Kiri engine in this list. 

Well, if you have some question just ask me or other people in the forum. 

And welcome on fuwanovel :) 

Edited by -soraa

18 hours ago, -soraa said:

Same, I also wouldn't recommend it.
But if you really want to play some VN's on your Android device, then I would recommend you: Kirikiroid2 
5€ for the english version and the chinese version is for free but you have to change your language settings to chinese. 
Furthermore with Kirikiroid2 you can play all VN's which use the Kiri Kiri engine and there is no loss in animation, sound, menus, save and so on. Everything will be the same just like you are playing on your computer.

Which VN's can you play? (all VN's with ".xp3" data.)
Some examples would be:
- Fate/stay night realuta nua version
- all games from Yuzusoft (Dracu Riot, Noble Works and so on...)
- Koi ga Saku Koro Sakura Doki
- G-senjou no Maou
- Grisaia Phantom Trigger (Grisaia no Kajitsu however use a different engine. Therefore you can't play it on your android device!)

But most of the games need a patch, here is a download list: PATCH and you can also find other VN's which use the Kiri Kiri engine in this list. 

Well, if you have some question just ask me or other people in the forum. 

And welcome on fuwanovel :) 

Wait phantom trigger is available on KK2? Wow what have I been doing with wasting my tablet's storage space all this time smh.

P.S Not all VNs with "data.xp3" can work on KK2 (An example is Fata morgana no Yakata)

Edited by wei123

20 minutes ago, wei123 said:

Wait phantom trigger is available on KK2? Wow and here I am wasting my tablet's storage space smh. Btw not all VNs with "data.xp3" can work on KK2 (An example is Fata morgana no Yakata)

Well, just look up in the PATCH list, which I posted earlier:

ca73d2-1519473772.png

You have to use the original title in other words the japanese name of the VN, if you look up for a patch in this list. 
Furthermore I think the patch for Vol 1. and 2 is the same. Therefore you can use it also for Vol. 3 and 4.

I never played Phantom Trigger but is it worth? 

I don't now about Fata morgana no Yakata but there are always some exceptions. 

Edited by -soraa

2 minutes ago, -soraa said:

ca73d2-1519473772.png

Yeah I saw the list. Before you posted the list, I only looked at this other list here  (kind of outdated, I know) for the titles available on KK2 and Phantom Trigger wasn't one of them so I assumed it wouldn't work.

Well to answer your question, I can't really comment much since I've only completed Volume 1 and have 3 more volumes to go. It's a kinetic novel so if you like making choices, then this probably isn't for you. The price is not really that expensive for a relatively new vn (About 11-14 USD for the each volume if you don't buy them in a bundle) so you may consider buying it.

On 24/02/2018 at 7:06 PM, -soraa said:

ca73d2-1519473772.png

You have to use the original title in other words the japanese name of the VN, if you look up for a patch in this list. 
Furthermore I think the patch for Vol 1. and 2 is the same. Therefore you can use it also for Vol. 3 and 4.

I been try Phantom Trigger but erorr startup.tjs how fix this i been try patch but same erorr