Wanko to Lily - File Hacking

Aki96

Hello,

Some of you already know me because I am in charge of Pure Pure TL project (for those who don't know: here)

Anyway another VN caught my interest and our group decided to go with it after we've finished Pure Pure (I hope we are able to finish it by the summer...)

But I ran into several issues. Hacking Pure Pure was somewhat a piece of cake but this novel (Wanko to Lily) is giving me a hard times here.

I managed to open all the CGs, characters and stuff but the issue comes with the main menu and scritps.

Opening and editing the pictures in .eri format wasn't that hard, becase XnView is still a good partner for this.

Spoiler

1.jpg

The issue came with the .noa files.

Spoiler

2.jpg

I managed to open the .noa, extract the .noa...

Spoiler

3.jpg

Everything in these archives is again in .eri extension (which, we already know, are picture files) BUT even XnView is unable to read these files after I've extracted them...

Spoiler

4.jpg

So my questions are:

1st - How can I make these picture files readable so I can edit the menu into English?

2nd - Which files could possibly be the scripts? There is nothing else but the .eri files...

If anyone has experience with this, I'll gladly accept all the help.

Thank you in advance!

Quick Fact:

My group is focused on old, forgotten novels which were left untranslated and so we are just picking these and translate them. Pure Pure is our 1st project but I want to have things prepared in advance as much as possible so I can prevent issues like this one in the future.

Update:

So I managed to make a slight progress thanks to @Huang Ling Yin.

What happened:

I managed to extract the scripts from the .csx file using csxtools as you can see below

Spoiler

1.jpg

Spoiler

2.jpg

Spoiler

3.jpg

The .eri pictures can be opened with old Photoshop 7 - another problem solved.

But one last problem still remains and that's importing the script files back into the .csx

That's where the csxtools fails because upon setting a comand, the application just closes and does pretty much nothing and unfortunately the game goes directly into the .csx file to read the scripts so putting them into the root folder does NOT work.

Basically if I am able to find someone who used to write programs in pascal we might be able to TL the game otherwise there's no way translating it (or would you like some powerpoint presentation? =D).

That's all I have to say regarding this game. (Also that the entisgls engine is the ultimate TRASH!!!)...

I've never had such issues with a game that is 12 years old...

I admit defeat...

Edited by Aki96

• 6 months later...