Japanese only VNs on PS4

sarkasmus

I currently have a few thousend Yen to waste on my japanese PSN Account and figured I might buy a VN on PS4 which isn't translated.

Are there any good ones? (preferably one that isn't hard to read, I don't want to change places between my PC and PS4 every few minutes because I don't know certain Kanji )

Thanks in advance.

Go to vndb.org, and browse to the Releases section. Filter results: Platform -> PS4; Original Language -> Japanese. Not everything is going to be available digitally through the Sony store, though. PS4 is definitely not very popular for VN releases.

2 minutes ago, 1P1A said:

Go to vndb.org, and browse to the Releases section. Filter results: Platform -> PS4; Original Language -> Japanese. Not everything is going to be available digitally through the Sony store, though. PS4 is definitely not very popular for VN releases.

I don't see if one is hard to read though.

4 minutes ago, sarkasmus said:

I don't see if one is hard to read though.

You don't really have much to choose from on PS4--you would have a ton more to look at if you had a Vita. Pick something that looks like a moege/slice of life, they are typically easy to read.

VNs based on anime that aired before the VN usually aren't that difficult. Some examples would be Date A Live: Twin Edition Rio ReincarnationKono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku o! Kono Yokubukai Game ni Shinpan o! and New Game! The Challenge Stage!. One thing that is great about them aswell is that they are originally all ages, so they are not just cut eroge.

Edited by bakauchuujin

11 minutes ago, bakauchuujin said:

VNs based on anime that aired before the VN usually aren't that difficult. Some examples would be Date A Live: Twin Edition Rio ReincarnationKono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku o! Kono Yokubukai Game ni Shinpan o! and New Game! The Challenge Stage!. One thing that is great about them aswell is that they are originally all ages, so they are not just cut eroge.

Own all of these, and can confirm, they are fun, and not too hard to read. I'd also recommend Re:Zero Death or Kiss.

Though, while none of these are that hard, they are still full of kanji, like any form of written Japanese fiction, so you will probably have to break out a dictionary if you aren't that comfortable with kanji yet. 

6 hours ago, 1P1A said:

You don't really have much to choose from on PS4--you would have a ton more to look at if you had a Vita. Pick something that looks like a moege/slice of life, they are typically easy to read.

I have a Vita, but I don't want to format my memory card every time (the japanese account isn't my main one) and I prefer physical games on it.

5 hours ago, bakauchuujin said:

I already own Date Alive on Vita but I'll look into the other two, thanks.

5 hours ago, Dergonu said:

Own all of these, and can confirm, they are fun, and not too hard to read. I'd also recommend Re:Zero Death or Kiss.

Though, while none of these are that hard, they are still full of kanji, like any form of written Japanese fiction, so you will probably have to break out a dictionary if you aren't that comfortable with kanji yet. 

I have one, but it's a pain to look something up in there it's faster to use my PC.

I don't have a problem with kanji in general, as long as they use the easier and more common ones I don't have to look them up.

28 minutes ago, Okarin said:

Chaos;Child?

That's not japanese only, I already played all the translated ones on PS4.

5 minutes ago, sarkasmus said:

I have a Vita, but I don't want to format my memory card every time (the japanese account isn't my main one) and I prefer physical games on it.

I already own Date Alive on Vita but I'll look into the other two, thanks.

I have one, but it's a pain to look something up in there it's faster to use my PC.

I don't have a problem with kanji in general, as long as they use the easier and more common ones I don't have to look them up.

In that case, all the ones Baka and I mentioned should be pretty easy. I haven't really seen any obscure kanji in any of them so far.