Saya no Uta Doujin Remake?

So I was lurking around VNDB when I found this: https://vndb.org/v22591

It seems to be some kind of (very ambitious) fan remake of our lovercraftian tale.

They proposed 12 new endings and "Expansion on the story". They even talked about a Song of Saya 2...

As of yet only a Russian beta is released, so what do you persons think about this project? Is it unnecessary? Will they be able expand Urobochi's tale properly?

Hmm. In my opinion, Saya is pretty complete already. Worldbuilding and all that stuff is unecessary and probably detracts from it. Unless they want to change Saya completely, there's nothing to really do with her as a character other than reiterate what the original VN already did anyway, same for most of the other characters too. 

I'd have no hopes for this. 

14 minutes ago, Kaguya said:

Hmm. In my opinion, Saya is pretty complete already. Worldbuilding and all that stuff is unecessary and probably detracts from it. Unless they want to change Saya completely, there's nothing to really do with her as a character other than reiterate what the original VN already did anyway, same for most of the other characters too. 

I'd have no hopes for this. 

I thought the same really, Saya have the right amount of ends, and all of them are unique.

Way better than have like 12 ends and most of them are game over-like.

There hasn't been a post on the developer's site in nearly two years so the project is likely dead.

Kind of a shame though because I kinda like seeing fan remakes and expansions like this. Whether the original actually needed any further elaboration is up for debate I guess, but it's still a cool project.

Just now, tahu157 said:

There hasn't been a post on the developer's site in nearly two years so the project is likely dead.

Kind of a shame though because I kinda like seeing fan remakes and expansions like this. Whether the original actually needed any further elaboration is up for debate I guess, but it's still a cool project.

Yeah, seeing this kind of fan projects is always pleasing as a fan of fan-games, though I still thought about making a thread a 'bout it to see what other people think.

12 minutes ago, tahu157 said:

Not really. Their social media page was updated 21 hours ago, so it's not dead. And apparently it's almost ready...

1 minute ago, Dreamysyu said:

Not really. Their social media page was updated 21 hours ago, so it's not dead. And apparently it's almost ready...

Interesting, wonder what will the final product look like... I would have to wait for a translation anyway. xoD