The State of VNs

Zalor

21 minutes ago, arosia said:

I think VN fans are pretty awesome and sweet people.

Well... I hope Fuwa don't do anything to change that impression... Yeah. :sachi:

22 minutes ago, arosia said:

I like to write pretty dark and serious stuff myself, but I don't always think it's a fun read. Really good fiction (in any form) can be amazing, but sometimes you just want light and fluffy, or easy and relaxing literature. Complicated isn't always better.

For me it's also super-dependent on my mood and I think it's similar for many people (especially if they're prone to depressive episodes or similar problems). Reading heavier stories can be extremely compelling, but sometimes a bit of fluffy SoL or a more comedic story can do miracles to how I'm feeling. Trying to read only the most complex and demanding VNs would just make it a miserable experience much of the time. 

5 minutes ago, Plk_Lesiak said:

Well... I hope Fuwa don't do anything to change that impression... Yeah.

Oh, never. I really, really like Fuwa so much. Of all the new places I've discovered, this is--by far--my favorite.

5 minutes ago, Plk_Lesiak said:

For me it's also super-dependent on my mood and I think it's similar for many people (especially if they're prone to depressive episodes or similar problems). Reading heavier stories can be extremely compelling, but sometimes a bit of fluffy SoL or a more comedic story can do miracles to how I'm feeling. Trying to read only the most complex and demanding VNs would just make it a miserable experience much of the time. 

And I totally agree! One of my favorite things about VNs are all the sweet and cute girls in some of the super fluffy stories. It's just so sugary and adorable, and totally lightens the mood! 

Edited by arosia

On 2/19/2018 at 11:52 PM, Plk_Lesiak said:

We're always here if you want your ideas to be shut on and possibly refined through borderline-abusive criticism. ;)

More seriously speaking, I have a lot of respect for your approach to VNs, but honestly, if I would risk constant disappointment though my contact with some medium, it would drive me insane. At some point, I would most likely have to avoid it completely. In perspective, having a shitty taste like mine and being able to casualy enjoy all kind of VNs seems like a blessing of sorts. :wacko:

Haha, thank you. Also, I apologize for the late reply.

I do hold this medium to fairly high standards. But it's only out of an intense love for it. I may suffer lots of disappointments. But when I do find gems, it feels better than if I found an actual pot of gold lol!