How often do you watch TV?

Dreamysyu

24 minutes ago, Dreamysyu said:

Exactly. :sachi:

Well, I do sometimes when somebody else watches it. Overall though I don't even know why you even need it nowadays when you have the Internet.

I actually have it the same, as I still live with my family, but I don't remember ever turning it on on my own volition. Older people are used to it though. Plus the device itself has its uses when combined with a console or a blue-ray player. I've once even remodeled my living room to set up my PC with the 50 inch TV there, when I was going to be alone for two weeks. Was fun. :P

Edited by Plk_Lesiak

I used to watch a lot of TV back in the day.  Usually stuff like the Discovery Channel, because I was a nerd with nothing else to do.  But then, when I began watching anime, I've abandoned the TV ship entirely.  The computer suddenly became an integral part for my anime binging, so in a way, the TV became obsolete to me.

Edited by EastCoastDrifter

I don't not because I'm some pretentious asshole that thinks he's above it but because I simply have found more interesting ways of wasting my time. Plus, I just fucking hate commercials.

I will occasionally watch series like Game of Thrones but that is pretty rare.

I haven't watched any TV in years I think. The only TV in my home is placed in the living room, and I don't go there whatsoever except when attending guests (pretty rare) or cleaning.

It's not like there's something anything worthwhile to watch anyway. Everything good you can watch on TV is also available on the net, so why bother with the commercials and all the junk programs in between. 

Edited by Thyndd

I'm italian and, dunno about TV broadcasts in your country, but here is Full of advertising breaks, even during a movie.
I don't watch TV anymore simply because I'm not interested in talk shows (the favourite genre of all the italian's national broadcasts)
And, If I want to watch a certain movie, I'll watch it on streaming without any Ad breaks.
Not that it matters anyway, since I mainly watch anime....

I watch the evening news and a science program on Discovery Canada called Daily Planet.  I could watch it off of the Discovery website, but it’s not uploaded until the next day and I’d have to sign in with my provider’s account anyway so it makes more sense to watch it on TV.