What VN's did you want to see a sequel/spin off of but never got?

Thatcomicguy

I was talking about this on the Fuwa discord chat last night, but thought it would be a good topic to bring up again here.

I'd like to see either a Dracu-Riot 2 or a spin off with a new Protag and girls set in the same universe. As the first one was good but with the lore they set up, it didn't feel like they went as deep into it as they could of. So it would be nice to see a deeper look into that world.

It wouldn't happen but another, would be a proper Da Capo 3. I know we got a Da Capo 3 but it was so much of a departure from the other two, it felt more like a spin off than a direct sequel. 

And obviously more Majikoi A's like A-6 to A-∞. Because you can never have enough Majikoi...

What about you guys?

After stories Fan Disc for Tng, Sweet Pool and Lamento like Dmmd Re:Connect.

Satsuki's route for Tsukihime.

That is it, actually I'm impressed I don't have that many things I want I that aspect... Maybe I didn't play enough VNs as of yet. 

I would love to see a Tsukihime sequel but as seeing as Type Moon is content to milk the Fate license until the end of time it probably won't happen.

5 minutes ago, Dreamysyu said:

I really want to know what happened after the end of Muv-Luv Alternative. :vinty: Really, this VN needs an actual sequel.

Other than that, I wouldn't mind a sequel to Rewrite with a different protagonist and heroines, set in the world after the true end, but we will definitely never get it, so it's just a dream.

I don't see the point in having a sequel of Alternative considering that everything really wrapped up nicely.

1 minute ago, Ranzo said:

I don't see the point in having a sequel of Alternative considering that everything really wrapped up nicely.

Spoiler

It was wrapped up nicely for Takeru, but the questions of what actually happened in that world after Alternative was never answered, I think, though I may be wrong. And, considering that Age still continue to milk the franchise to this day, I don't know why they don't want to do an actual sequel with a new protagonist and a new set of characters. It could work, I think, even if it's not as good as the original.

I really want more Sekien no Inganock after stories. There some webnovels already, but they didn't answered the only question I wanted an answer!!!!!

Zombie no Afureta Sekai ends just when the novel is getting good...

And this gakuen spin off of a mafia series that was announced as an April's Fool CURSE YOU KARIN NOW I WANT IT!!! :reeee:

1 minute ago, Dreamysyu said:
  Hide contents

It was wrapped up nicely for Takeru, but the questions of what actually happened in that world after Alternative was never answered, I think, though I may be wrong. And, considering that Age still continue to milk the franchise to this day, I don't know why they don't want to do an actual sequel with a new protagonist and a new set of characters. It could work, I think, even if it's not as good as the original.

Did you ever see the Alternative timeline? It has a lot of information about what happened after.

http://muvluv.wikia.com/wiki/Alternative_Timeline

Though I do suppose it would be nice to have a little spin off like their unlimited ones.

4 minutes ago, Ranzo said:

Did you ever see the Alternative timeline? It has a lot of information about what happened after.

http://muvluv.wikia.com/wiki/Alternative_Timeline

Though I do suppose it would be nice to have a little spin off like their unlimited ones.

Oh, wow, looks like a lot of reading. ^_^ Though I still don't understand from where they took the information about the latest years.

Not that I've read it yet, but more Amagami would've been nice. The anime and the first day of the VN are wonderful, and SS+ did a decent job of making things interesting for the different arcs after the ending of SS, so seeing more along the same lines, but a lot denser and with more story and events would've been nice. 

Then again getting an official translation of the original would've been nice too...

1 hour ago, Kaguya said:

Hoshizora no memoria's fandisc should get a fandisc. 

Can't help but think this is an Xzibit "yo dawg" type situation haha. 

Edited by snowbell55

Tiny Dungeon, with all new cast.  The setting is awesome, but Hime's plotline was fully played out by the end of Endless Dungeon.  Unfortunately, the writer died a few years back, and the company shut its doors (incidentally, same writer as Shuffle and a couple of other familiar games, lol). 

The  next game in the same setting as Nanairo Reincarnation and Akeiro Kaikitan... no announcements so far.

The third Reminiscence game.

Aselia and Seinarukana.  While there is supposedly a new Eien Shinken series game in development, there is no date for it, and it wouldn't be the first time such a project fell through. 

Kikan Bakumatsu Ibun Last Cavalier.  While the events of the Bakumatsu era are complete, there is no reason they couldn't go back in the setting to the Sengoku era and make an interesting game out of it.

Bradyon Veda... literally a multiverse of possibilities.

Ikusa Megami II needs a remake, like Tenbin was for the original Ikusa Megami.  It has aged horribly, and it would be a waste not to remake it.

Draculius.  This game has an excellent setting, and I would love to see a true sequel to it, perhaps with the original cast as side characters (Jun and Belche's kid, maybe, as the protagonist, lol).

Komorebi no Nostalgica.  This game has one of the single most subtly-built futuristic sci-fi settings, and it needs a true sequel.  It is a waste to ignore the excellent design of the setting.

Tsukihime needs a sequel or at least to have the remake come out.  As it is, the Fate-based multiverse part of things has taken the fore, but Tsukihime has become something of an orphan child.

Yurikago yori Tenshi Made.  This game was made with a sequel in mind, so why hasn't there been one?

Izuna Zanshinken. Same as above.  It was obviously originally intended to be an episodic series of games, rather than a single one.  However, it never happened.

Bullet Butlers.  Seriously, while Chrono Belt was first-class stuff, about as good as a crossover fandisc will ever be, the setting in Bullet Butlers is nowhere near fully explored.  The number of races, the unusual tech, magic, etc.  It makes for endless potential for a series of VNs... or even rpg hybrids.

Don't know if it counts, but i wanted a version of the normal route of Clannad's After Story where once you get the true end, Tomoya and Ushio survive the snowfield and you can make choices to have Tomoya end up with a grown-up version of one of the remaining girls, kinda like the heroine endings in YU-NO that you get after doing the true end.

Tsukihime: Either a sequel ooooor we could finally get that remake instead of being constantly teased with tiny tidbits instead of oh i don't know.. a release date or something.

Da Capo: DC 3 was really more like a prequel than a sequel, which is fine and all, but that world they set up during the prologue is completely ignored. I understand there's still the fandiscs but that's really not enough, especially considering that the time gap, as short as it was, between the end of 2 and the beginning of 3's prologue that could most definitely make up a full fledged VN in and of itself. (Also any excuse to have more Da Capo is good in my book.)

Rewrite: If only because I absolutely hate the true ending and I feel that a sequel might be able to take some of the sting off as it would make it actually feel worth something.