Getchu Bishoujo Game Awards 2017 are out

ChaosRaven

1 hour ago, Infernoplex said:

And I actually had that wet dream of attempting to MTL ChronoBox, since only God knows if there's ever gonna be a proper TL of it

Honestly, machine tls are almost never worth it imo. You basically just spoil the main events in the story while missing all the details that actually make the story good.

1 hour ago, Dreamysyu said:

Honestly, machine tls are almost never worth it imo. You basically just spoil the main events in the story while missing all the details that actually make the story good.

Yes. Indeed :( 

It's either that, or you learn JP. Or in the best kind of scenario, a translation for the title comes out.

1 hour ago, Infernoplex said:

Yes. Indeed :( 

It's either that, or you learn JP. Or in the best kind of scenario, a translation for the title comes out.

Best you can hope for is that Mangagamer decides to try and pick it up. Still, I doubt it's gonna happen anytime soon with the demand for other VNs being higher. You'll just have to wait for Chronobox to get a reputation in the next few years.

5 minutes ago, VirginSmasher said:

Best you can hope for is that Mangagamer decides to try and pick it up. Still, I doubt it's gonna happen anytime soon with the demand for other VNs being higher. You'll just have to wait for Chronobox to get a reputation in the next few years.

Don't remind me of that fact :( By the way, I think it's the kind of VN even you would like. It has a good plot, or so I heard. From what I remember, you are into plotges, yes? :D

53 minutes ago, Infernoplex said:

Don't remind me of that fact :( By the way, I think it's the kind of VN even you would like. It has a good plot, or so I heard. From what I remember, you are into plotges, yes? :D

I am into plotges and Chronobox is quite interesting to me. I'm just being realistic about it, even if I do want it to be translated.

Well interesting list, although too bad that for obvious reason I can't read those lol. At least one of the winner (Trinoline) will be released by Mangagamer later.

As for Chrono Box, looks like it'll be an interesting VN. But seeing the sexual tags, I guess it'll be as infamous as euphoria if it's ever released overseas ie translated. If that's the case, maybe I'll consider to read that although I won't be so sure for now though.

• 4 years later...

Let me do the resurrection work on Getchu Awards 2017 thread here, and once again times do wonder here. I know that it's very overused phrase by now, although in this thread it's very prominent seeing that I did comment above on how I can't read those in English. Of course back in February 2018 there's no Nekonyan or Shiravune (Okay we already have Nekonyan in 2018, although their announcements back then it's not from the list), so obviously no one translate those (Except Trinoline), especially when those two companies alone being responsible for a good amount of VN licenses in Top 20 Getchu lists. Anyway here's my comment on Getchu Awards 2017 below (Even though I'm very late for almost five years), and for the info I'm still not sure whether to read ChronoBox or yet if it somehow available in English.

• Trinoline here obviously still has good graphic, although as for the reception from overseas after Mangagamer released it in 2019, well let's just say that it's quite lukewarm. Also for more info, currently Ninki Seiyuu that didn't manage to enter top 20 here still has better average votes than Trinoline, although I only based this on VNDB so I may be wrong on that.
  • Noraneko being localized is indeed not a joke, although seeing that they removed the sex scenes for the overseas release may as well treat it as a joke (Harukaze seems to realize their mistake with them made Marco as all age VN). As for Noraneko 2 itself, it add more heroines routes such as Nobuchina, Eurasia, Lucia, Noel, and the new character Iris, so at least it's not just a fandisc with the label sequel, although it still has the after stories for the heroines from the prequel. From what I see, apparently the writing is improved from the prequel, so at least there's a justification on why it can get the high score.
  • Amrilato here has a gimmick that you can learn Esperanto from it (Called as Juliamo in-game), although if you want to learn Esperanto obviously you need more than the VN here. That aside, Amrilato here is GL isekai VN (Which is still unique on it's own seeing that isekai VN is still rare compared to the light novel or manga) with our female MC Rin trapped into another world that has Esperanto as the main language, and then she getting closer to the girl who can speak Japanese a bit who then teach Rin Esperanto. Overall I can say that it's a nice all age GL VN, and Mangagamer also localized the sequel of this.
  • Back when Shiravune announce Ouka Sabaki, people were on edge after having very bad translation of Your Diary. Thankfully the worry was eased up with them released partial translation of it, and turned out that the translation is far better compared to Your Diary. In Ouka Sabaki you played as magistrate who is the judge in Bakumatsu era, although in practice it's more like Ace Attorney in that you need to collect the evidence and then debating with the witness at the court. Unlike Ace Attorney, in here there'll be several heroines and the sex scenes so it's more like eroge version of Ace Attorney.
  • I can see on why OP confused why Mashimaro here got the best ero award, because Marmalade made the premise like usual VN with bakery and of course there's nothing indicate that there'll be a lot of lengthy sex scenes (I'll never forget on how I need to hold Ctrl button longer than I usually did when I skip through Kanon's sex scene with her in bride outfit). Lengthy sex scenes aside, Mashimaro here is a lighthearted VN that tell the story about how Ryou who is homeless was helped by Kanon and then Ryou did his best to repay Kanon's kindness. The common route got some good reception, so we can say that Marmalade put some effort on it compared to the character routes. Of course we have this in English thanks to Shiravune here.
  • Purple Software is very dynamic when it come to partners, especially with how they have their VNs on three publishers (Mangagamer with Hapymaher, Sekai with Chrono Clock and Amatsutsumi, and Nekonyan with Aoi Tori). For Aoi Tori here, after I thought Valve may ban Amatsutsumi because Makoto have sex with more than one girl and Aoi Tori has the same premise, I'm worried that Nekonyan may have a hard time on this with Steam on top of porting the very complicated engine of Aoi Tori, but hopefully it's just I think too much. Aoi Tori here is about a boy who didn't have the purpose besides being a literal man-whore with his power is to bring bliss to women through sex, and one day the boy encounter a vampire who soon will change his life. While there's five heroines, Aoi Tori here has four and half routes because two of the heroines are the sibling who share a route.
  • Making Lovers here only has short common route, and by short I mean it's just for the choice and brief introduction of the heroines before the MC dive deeper into the lengthy character routes. Makeover here is more or less pure moege, so obviously you play it for the heroines alone. Of course seeing that it's developed by Smee, it should be obvious that there'll be comedy on this. By the way the MC here is already graduated from the college, so it make Makeover quite unique on it's own. It has the mini FD, which Nekonyan already released it as well.
  • I worked on Amayui translation project (Specifically on the interface), and Depravity himself admit that it's MTL-ed. Although obviously it's better than usual MTL that we know, so of course there are some fierce debate on how Amayui translation should be handled, with the result VNDB mods create the function to mark MTL. I only got the info about Depravity from a Reddit user after I rant on how there's no Amayui patch, although I doubt he imagined that he did give me the Discord link would eventually lead to a change in VNDB. My involvement with Amayui project aside, it reuse the same battle system like in Kamidori, so I just directly assume that Eushully's experiment on both of Rhapsody and Sankai Yubiwa (eushully's 2016 VN) are failed. Anyway at least now we have it translated, even with the status that can be said as controversial.
  • Of course we should thanks Nekonyan to make Kirikoi available in English. Kirikoi here put the main focus on the blonde heroine, so any of the non-blonde heroine like Akane should be treated as side heroine. It also has the fandisc, in that it provided the alternative ending to anyone else who didn't like the true ending, but one can be just satisfied with the true ending and treat the FD ending as fanservice. In any case, the FD is also available in English thanks to Nekonyan too. Oh yes Kirikoi (And the FD) here is the first Saga Planet VNs that availavle in English, and since then Nekonyan also got two more Saga Planet VNs (FF and Kakenuke). The writer also wrote Ambitious Mission that has same setting as Kirikoi, and I hope Nekonyan will localize it if possible.

That's all for what I can say in regard of 2017 Getchu Awards here, and for the info I still hope that someday we can see both Apeiria and Ixseal being translated if possible.

Edited by littleshogun