Konnichiwa~!

mnmnoko

Hi, everyone! I'm new to this forum^_^

I've read VNs once, and somehow stopped playing a few years ago, but my passion to VNs is rekindled recently.
In fact, I'm japanese and played lots of VNs in japanese, then felt kinda I've-read-enough-VNs feeling, but these days I start reading them in english, that gives me quite a new perspective of VNs, so I want to read more!

My all time favorites are tomoyo after (i played 3 times), clannad (2 times), and wonderful everyday.
The day I finished clannad, I rushed into a video games store to get tomoyo after and slim PS2 console... the good old days:)

I liked story-riched games before but for now my tastes are moege or nukige (currently playing wagamama highspec).

sorry for bad english, and feel free to send a PM if there's anything I can do about learning Japanese or whatever:lol:

I like anime, JRPG, light novels, and manga (incl. hentai) as well.

I hope to make friends, learn and have fun!

Welcome to Fuwa! Your English is really good BTW. There are obvious reasons why we don't see Japanese VN fans around here, but I think language barrier also adds to it. :)

If you're looking to train your English and you're at least a bit interested in our western weeaboo culture, you should read Katawa Shoujo, it's free and all that. Also, the link in my signature leads to a blog all about the sad VN-imitations us weebs produce in the West. ;)

Edited by Plk_Lesiak

30 minutes ago, mnmnoko said:

I rushed into a video games store to get tomoyo after and slim PS2 console... the good old days

And once again, I'm reminded of how easy Japan has it for VN marketing, even if it is from a console two generations ago. Here, we only have distributions from Steam and other niche sites like MangaGamer. And even then, it's still difficult to get proper localizations out of the way.

Anyway, welcome to Fuwanovel. THE VN site for your VN hobbies.

33 minutes ago, tahu157 said:

Reading Clannad twice sounds exhausting.

well, i wouldn't mind playing it again;)

31 minutes ago, Kaguya said:

Welcome to the forums! 

Hope you have fun around here. 

thx!

8 minutes ago, Kiriririri said:

domo domo and stuff

domo yoroshiku!

14 minutes ago, Plk_Lesiak said:

If you're looking to train your English and you're at least a bit interested in our western weeaboo culture, you should read Katawa Shoujo, it's free and all that. Also, the link in my signature leads to a blog all about the sad VN-imitations us weebs produce in the West.

Thank you for your recommendation! Having known Katawa Shoujo, but I've not played it until now, so I'll try another time:)

btw if you know English dubbed VNs other than ace academy and crystalline, please let me know!

10 minutes ago, mnmnoko said:

Thank you for your recommendation! Having known Katawa Shoujo, but I've not played it until now, so I'll try another time:)

btw if you know English dubbed VNs other than ace academy and crystalline, please let me know!

Uh, well, I know some, I'm just not sure whether I'm comfortable with recommending them. xD From the top of my head, Sounds of Her Love is a very simple, but cute (and free) romance VN with only one heroine, her VA is quite good. Seduce Me is another freebie, a very cheesy otome game with three yuri routes - it works well if you're into "it's so bad it's good" type of things.

Sadly, most good western VNs actually know their limits and don't attempt full voice acting. What's strange, there's some with decent voice acting that are nonetheless utter trash and I wouldn't suggest anyone to read them (like with Carpe Diem: Reboot).

37 minutes ago, EastCoastDrifter said:
1 hour ago, mnmnoko said:

I rushed into a video games store to get tomoyo after and slim PS2 console... the good old days

And once again, I'm reminded of how easy Japan has it for VN marketing, even if it is from a console two generations ago. Here, we only have distributions from Steam and other niche sites like MangaGamer. And even then, it's still difficult to get proper localizations out of the way.

in Japan, there's a well-known anecdote that if one console is getting unpopular enough, tons of VNs are sold on that console :leecher:
Anyway, sales of VNs in Japan are not well these days so some publishers are willing to sell their products world-wide, at least compared to a few years ago.
And things'll get better in the future imo.

8 minutes ago, Arcadeotic said:

Welcome to the Forums, hope to see ya around.

If I'm not mistaken, 999 got dubbed in English not too long ago.

thank you! Console games tend to have english voice ^_^ 

12 minutes ago, Plk_Lesiak said:

Uh, well, I know some, I'm just not sure whether I'm comfortable with recommending them. xD From the top of my head, Sounds of Her Love is a very simple, but cute (and free) romance VN with only one heroine, her VA is quite good. Seduce Me is another freebie, a very cheesy otome game with three yuri routes - it works well if you're into "it's so bad it's good" type of things.

Sadly, most good western VNs actually know their limits and don't attempt full voice acting. What's strange, there's some with decent voice acting that are nonetheless utter trash and I wouldn't suggest anyone to read them (like with Carpe Diem: Reboot).

Many thanks! I haven't known these games, added to wishlist!

Generally voice acting costs much, so I'm a bit surprised these two are free.

Greetings newest initiate to the House of Troubles. It's a interesting change encountering a vn fan from Japan. I hope you can bring a unique perspective to the table.

Reading Clannad twice does sound very ambitious what was your favorite route?

If you like horror you might be interested in checking out The Letter as far as I know it is fully voiced. I played a little bit of it a while ago and they seemed to do a god job.

Edited by Ranzo

28 minutes ago, Ranzo said:

Greetings newest initiate to the House of Troubles. It's a interesting change encountering a vn fan from Japan. I hope you can bring a unique perspective to the table.

Reading Clannad twice does sound very ambitious what was your favorite route?

If you like horror you might be interested in checking out The Letter as far as I know it is fully voiced. I played a little bit of it a while ago and they seemed to do a god job.

thx for recommendation! 

I love nagisa's after story the best, but other than that, misae's route because that has old-shcool nakige taste, iow quintessential Key style.

2 hours ago, mnmnoko said:

Many thanks! I haven't known these games, added to wishlist!

Generally voice acting costs much, so I'm a bit surprised these two are free.

Hope you'll enjoy them! ^^ Professional voice acting is indeed expensive, but many English VNs are passion projects that amateurs work for with little pay (or completely without one). Sounds of Her Love was the first project by a studio that simply wanted to show themselves to the VN community in good fashion and is now working on a bigger, commercial title, also with voiced heroines. Seduce Me is a quintessence of amateur VN and is at times bizarre with its visuals and voices, but was made through a genuine effort of a fairly large team of people and can be quite amusing in its clunkiness.

In general, apart from Pixelfade, very few Western studios did VA in a way I would really enjoy, most often it's either very inconsistent in quality or only partial (ex. another pretty horrible game, Sweet Volley High), and I really hate when the same characters have both dubbed and silent lines. 

Edited by Plk_Lesiak

1 hour ago, mnmnoko said:

in Japan, there's a well-known anecdote that if one console is getting unpopular enough, tons of VNs are sold on that console :leecher:

Aaaah, that explains all the VNs being released for PSVita :wahaha: Joking, I love my Vita.

Welcome mnmnoko!!! Hope you enjoy this place! And your avatar is super cute~

Welcome to Fuwanovel, and sorry for no Japanese word from me here. It's quite interesting that we got Japanese user here, and of course any people should be welcomed to Fuwanovel. Hope you have fun here.

PS - I'm quite interested about the fact that Pulltop did insist to release the translated version without sex scenes, and especially when they released Lovekami for overseas without H scenes first only to add the H scenes for Japanese only release later. So what's your opinion in regard of this, and sorry for asking the sticky question here.

Welcome to fuwanovel mnmnoko :mare:

I've recently finished Clannad. I cried more times in that game then I did in my entire life. I didn't even know I had that many manly tears to cry...

Your VNDB shows you playing Kono Oozora. That was my 2nd VN. I like your tastes in VN's.

You havn't played Grisaia no Kajitsu? That was my first VN. I highly recommend you play it at some point.

Personally, I'm actually interested in learning Japanese. So many untranslated VN's out there, and I'd like to visit that country too.

3 hours ago, littleshogun said:

Welcome to Fuwanovel, and sorry for no Japanese word from me here. It's quite interesting that we got Japanese user here, and of course any people should be welcomed to Fuwanovel. Hope you have fun here.

PS - I'm quite interested about the fact that Pulltop did insist to release the translated version without sex scenes, and especially when they released Lovekami for overseas without H scenes first only to add the H scenes for Japanese only release later. So what's your opinion in regard of this, and sorry for asking the sticky question here.

thanks!
well I think some developers are afraid of an accusation against ero contents.
unfortunately, there's a historical precedent in Britain about ten years ago (illusion software). 
Japanese gamers often say that foreign video game industry is harsh on ero, while japanese have no tolerance for violent contents. Actually, some of Western video games are released without violent scenes in Japan:kosame:

3 hours ago, r0xm2n said:

Welcome to fuwanovel mnmnoko :mare:

I've recently finished Clannad. I cried more times in that game then I did in my entire life. I didn't even know I had that many manly tears to cry...

Your VNDB shows you playing Kono Oozora. That was my 2nd VN. I like your tastes in VN's.

You havn't played Grisaia no Kajitsu? That was my first VN. I highly recommend you play it at some point.

Personally, I'm actually interested in learning Japanese. So many untranslated VN's out there, and I'd like to visit that country too.

yeah, Clannad is just amazing init

just bought Kono Oozora and reading only on my phone, so in reality I've not read most of it :sachi:
I'll definitely play Grisaia soon! (well it's on sale now...)

If you come to Japan, I'm happy to show you eroge shops around Akiba! :maple:

22 hours ago, mnmnoko said:

My all time favorites are tomoyo after (i played 3 times), clannad (2 times)

...Heh, Noob!
I've read Kono Oozora 9 times in a row!! (same choices, same route....Kotori is just the best)
Anyway, welcome to the forum!

P.S.: Clannad is definitely in my "to-read" list....even if I don't really like the artwork in it.