Looking for an "other world," fantasy, or fairy tale-type story Visual Novel

Nreli

4 minutes ago, Clephas said:

There are four games in the main series and one after-story fandisc (Endless Dungeon).  The first three games in the main series follow three possible futures, based on whether he gets together with Veil, Note (divine princess), or Ururu (queen of the dragons and the game's resident eternaloli).  The fourth game, Brave or Slave, serves as a conclusion to the main storyline.

You make it sound amazing... But one thing I'm not sure about here. Are the games sequenced, as in original game, sequel and second sequel. Or is it each game is a route? Is it a story completely set in a school? Looking at it, it seems like a school-life game. It's bigger than that right? And the school is just how it starts, correct?

What about the sequel to Aselia? "Also, on Seinarukana. I liked Aselia, but people seem to all agree that its a disappointing sequel to a fantastic game, that's why I didn't read it. Give me your thoughts."

Edited by Nreli

8 minutes ago, Nreli said:

You make it sound amazing... But one thing I'm not sure about here. Are the games sequenced, as in original game, sequel and second sequel. Or is it each game is a route?

What about the sequel to Aselia? "Also, on Seinarukana. I liked Aselia, but people seem to all agree that its a disappointing sequel to a fantastic game, that's why I didn't read it. Give me your thoughts."

The games are sequenced chronologically (in a weird way).  Black and White>Bless of Dragon>Birth for Yours>Brave or Slave>Endless Dungeon.  The first game consists of the universal prologue and Hime experiencing the first potential future, with the successive two games having him experience potential futures for Ururu and Note, respectively. 

Seinarukana... is not what people expect when they go looking for a sequel to Aselia.  Seen from that perspective, it is indeed disappointing.  Also, most fanboys think they took too many liberties with the Euphoria issue in the true ending.  It is also confusing for those who played the first game, because it adds many new layers to the setting as a whole.  Gameplay-wise, it is much more refined, though.

Edit: One more note on Seinarukana... the game is good as a stand-alone, but when seen as a sequel to Aselia, it pales.

11 minutes ago, Clephas said:

The games are sequenced chronologically (in a weird way).  Black and White>Bless of Dragon>Birth for Yours>Brave or Slave>Endless Dungeon.  The first game consists of the universal prologue and Hime experiencing the first potential future, with the successive two games having him experience potential futures for Ururu and Note, respectively. 

Seinarukana... is not what people expect when they go looking for a sequel to Aselia.  Seen from that perspective, it is indeed disappointing.  Also, most fanboys think they took too many liberties with the Euphoria issue in the true ending.  It is also confusing for those who played the first game, because it adds many new layers to the setting as a whole.  Gameplay-wise, it is much more refined, though.

Alright, let me repeat this so I can make sure I understand it correctly. The story starts in the first game, and goes into one route. To go to the second route, you go to the second game. Same for the third. But does the story continue from the in the second game if you're only interested in Vell, or does it go straight to the conclusion? There's still continuation of the story for the first "possible future" in the second and third game right? By this standard, doesn't that make the second third game shorter than the first? Or are they longer than the first "possible future"?  Also, the after story is kind of "a generation later" or something loosely related to the first series, yeah?

So you think Seinrakana holds its own when you go into it as its own game without looking at Aselia as the bar, right? Edit: saw your edit, so ignore this line.

Edited by Nreli

13 minutes ago, Nreli said:

Alright, let me repeat this so I can make sure I understand it correctly. The story starts in the first game, and goes into one route. To go to the second route, you go to the second game. Same for the third. But does the story continue from the in the second game if you're only interested in Vell, or does it go straight to the conclusion? There's still continuation of the story for the first "possible future" in the second and third game right? By this standard, doesn't that make the second third game shorter than the first? Or are they longer than the first "possible future"?  Also, the after story is kind of "a generation later" or something loosely related to the first series, yeah?

So you think Seinrakana holds its own when you go into it as its own game without looking at Aselia as the bar, right? Edit: saw your edit, so ignore this line.

Tiny Dungeon has a set order.  It is a time-loop story where Hime is being pressed to choose one of the futures he is seeing.  The story has him seeing the potential futures in the order the games were released.

Just now, Clephas said:

Tiny Dungeon has a set order.  It is a time-loop story where Hime is being pressed to choose one of the futures he is seeing.  The story has him seeing the potential futures in the order the games were released.

Sounds fantastic!

9 hours ago, Nreli said:

Which translated Alice Soft are we talking about? I tried their Atlache Nacha, fantastic game amazing protagonist and relationship between her and the heroine. Damn that struck me.

Also, would you still recommend Gakthun of Light to someone who disliked Shikkoku no Sharnoth. That game was hot steaming garbage, in gameplay, characterization, and "plot." Artificial length, and events repeating themselves unnecessarily, "protagonist" who wasn't interesting to the world because of who she was, but "what" she had. Weak, pathetic, waste of time that main heroine was.

It may please you more since Gakthun have a different style to it. But I digress.

'bout the Alice Soft stuff... you could try Danchanbou and Eiyuu Senki.

15 hours ago, Nreli said:

In my comment up there I said "Also, would you still recommend Gakthun of Light to someone who disliked Shikkoku no Sharnoth. That game was hot steaming garbage, in gameplay, characterization, and "plot." Artificial length, and events repeating themselves unnecessarily, "protagonist" who wasn't interesting to the world because of who she was, but "what" she had. Weak, pathetic, waste of time that main heroine was."

I'm not sure about games from that dev, since that's how I feel about Sharnoth. Is Gahkthun the same? 

Also about the first two games you talked about in your post, the second one intrigues me, but when I scroll down I see a couple of pictures with H-scenes. At first I wanted to avoid them at all costs, and the game that contain them. But I learnt that you could just skip over them after seeing pretty much all games contain them. Even Kyonyuu Fantasy the best VN series I read contains them and it didn't hold back the series from having amazing characters/story in it. What do you think about the story and characters in this, Madou Koukaku, game?

As for Gahkthun, from what I'd heard at least Neon was more hot blooded compared to Mary so we can say that Neon is the braver one. Though I would say that it's up to you though to find out about that by yourself, so maybe you better try Gahkthun by yourself to find whether you'll like it or hate it like Sharnoth.

For Madou Koukaku, the story was more or less conquering simulation game so you rule one territory and then expand it. As for the characters, I would say that they good enough but actually the focus on that is the gameplay. So like Gahkthun, I would say that you better try it by yourself because you may have different opinion in regard of characters.

PS - I saw that you apparently still didn't have VNDB list. For that matter, I would suggest you to create one and listed what VN that you already played. That way, we could easily suggest the VNs that yoy looking for and avoid suggesting the title that you might be already played, like Kyonyuu Fantasy sequels.