Been around for almost 5 years now. AMA.

Kaguya

In around a month it will be 5 years for me as well. So weird... I was a High School student when I first joined Fuwa. Had no intention of learning Japanese when I first joined either. Aaeru's Learn Japanese Guide in 2 years really had a bigger impact on my life then I thought it would. Honestly, I think she had some pretty flawed advice in that guide in retrospect (I don't think anyone should use the Heisig method for kanji, especially not as the first thing you do after hiragana and katakana). But god-damn, before reading that article I always thought that learning moonspeak would be impossible unless you grew up with the language. She really convinced me that I too (some lost high school student at the time), could actually learn the language of the weeb. Now I'm studying in Tokyo o.O 

My question for you Kaguya, is where were you in your life when you first started at Fuwa? And where are you now 5 years later? Did fuwanovel influence your life in anyway?

50 minutes ago, Dergonu said:

:ph34r: N-No idea what you're talking about.

Has there ever been a mod on the site who abused their powers with the intent of messing up the site? (As in deleting accounts, mass IP banning ppl etc) And if so, what was the aftermath of that?

No, no one ever did something like that. We thought Nosebleed accidentally broke the forums once, but it turned out he hadn't, still blame him for it though ww

10 minutes ago, Zalor said:

My question for you Kaguya, is where were you in your life when you first started at Fuwa? And where are you now 5 years later? Did fuwanovel influence your life in anyway?

In the past 5 years... I quit my job, I guess. Have 3 houses I'm renting. Living off of that for now, having to pay the upkeep for them leaves me with less money than I wish I had, though. Traveling Brazil a lot. 

Other than that, I can't say my life changed much at all, though I changed a lot as a person. Largely because I thought spending my time playing eroge all day every day would be enough for life, but after like 4 months I realized it was a pretty miserable experience and explore a lot of hobbies outdoors nowdays. 

As much of my time as I spent on fuwa, I can't say it had a big influence in my life. At least not one that I noticed yet, anyway. 

43 minutes ago, DarkZedge said:

Congratulations on five years Kagu.

Simple question: Favorite vn of all time ?. (Hoshimemo is banned) :leecher:

I'd go with the classic "maiden rape assault, violent semen inferno."

Jokes aside though, Marunomi. 

Actually rose guns days.

Just now, Kaguya said:

I'd go with the classic "maiden rape assault, violent semen inferno."

Jokes aside though, Marunomi. 

Actually rose guns days.

"maiden rape assault, violent semen inferno."  can't be anything but a classic with a name like that.

Ah Rose gun days, seen you praise it quite often.

who's your favorite Fuw0 user.?

How did you get into Japanese entertainment?  Was there a specific anime or manga that got you hooked?  How did that lead to you discovering VNs?  When did you watch Naruto, and do you regret doing so?

Also, can you make a list cataloging the top 50 Top 50 VNs You Should Read Before You Die threads?  I need to read more of them, but they're just so hard to find  :notlikemiya:

8 minutes ago, Zenophilious said:

How did you get into Japanese entertainment?  Was there a specific anime or manga that got you hooked?  How did that lead to you discovering VNs?  When did you watch Naruto, and do you regret doing so?

Also, can you make a list cataloging the top 50 Top 50 VNs You Should Read Before You Die threads?  I need to read more of them, but they're just so hard to find  :notlikemiya:

I watched saint seiya when I was a young teen and loved it. Didn't understand or really know it was anime, though. I don't remember the first anime I watched knowing it was anime, but it was pretty late - Fairly sure I got into VNs before I got into anime, with my first really being a 240p tsukihime autoplay upload to youtube that I'm surprised I got through since my english was trash (enough that I distinctly remember saying I didn't mind machine translations in my fuwa intro thread, because I couldn't tell the difference,) the letters were blurry and it was very very slow. 

I actually watched naruto last year, because I hadn't ever watched naruto and I thought I should watch it for the skae of having watched it. It was pretty meh.

Will make the list. 

13 hours ago, Yukiru said:

do I need to read the entire thread before I ask anything?

Yes. 

On 2/16/2018 at 3:05 AM, Darklord Rooke said:

Out of sheer curiosity, about how many times has Tay broken the forums?  :) 

When Tay breaks the forums, no one really did it. "An error happened" but no one's responsible for it. Such is the way of the elite. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/28/2018 at 6:43 AM, Funyarinpa said:

Do past coliseum posts count? 

Edit: I'M ABOVE 5K POSTS NOW WTF 

Yes you are. Just 9k more and you'll surpass nosebleed!

10 hours ago, Chewy said:

Date me?

Maybe if you get a cuter avatar.

2 hours ago, Kaguya said:

Maybe if you get a cuter avatar.

Dissing megumin >:( 

Edit: in the spirit of AMA: Have you ever liked shitposts so much you felt sad removing them?

Edit 2: Date now?

Edited by Chewy

27 minutes ago, Chewy said:

Dissing megumin >:( 

Edit: in the spirit of AMA: Have you ever liked shitposts so much you felt sad removing them?

Edit 2: Date now?

Yes, Kiri's recent posts in the state of the VN community threads would be the latest example. 

It's cute, but I don't feel that diabetes enough yet. 

On 02/03/2018 at 12:40 AM, Kaguya said:

Yes, Kiri's recent posts in the state of the VN community threads would be the latest example. 

It's cute, but I don't feel that diabetes enough yet. 

Gimme some examples of diabetes and I'll try! Like you always tell everyone their waifus are trash but what exactly is your "niche" type other than "loli"?