Been around for almost 5 years now. AMA.

Kaguya

Just now, Mr Poltroon said:

Incidentally, the ratio of Portuguese-speaking people on these forums has been ridiculous. I don't think I've ever encountered so many such people on any other primarily English-speaking place.

I want to ask about state secrets. What is Limbo?

A secret, now defunct subforum. I'll let you image its purpose. Ufufu. 

Alright, I'm new to fuwa, so I still don't get most of what happens around here. Could you give me a brief explanation (if there is any), as to what the main purpose/goal of fuwa is? And yeah, that sounds pretty dumb, considering the fact that this is a forum and that there's no defined purpose that anyone has (except to post whatever they please, of course :sachi:), but what I'm trying to get at is: Was fuwa created for a specific purpose? Or have I already answered my own question when stating that there's no defined purpose?

1 minute ago, FeurLehf said:

Alright, I'm new to fuwa, so I still don't get most of what happens around here. Could you give me a brief explanation (if there is any), as to what the main purpose/goal of fuwa is? And yeah, that sounds pretty dumb, considering the fact that this is a forum and that there's no defined purpose that anyone has (except to post whatever they please, of course :sachi:), but what I'm trying to get at is: Was fuwa created for a specific purpose? Or have I already answered my own question when stating that there's no defined purpose?

So, in the upper-left corner, you have a slight hint...

13_lulpjarz.png.91ef1ac5368078232a4e2290

Just now, FeurLehf said:

This is fuwanovel's main site. It didn't always look like that - in fact this is how our site used to look, but neither are the forums.

Fuwanovel was created by an ardent pro-piracy gal named Aaeru. She was fond of VNs, didn't like the existing VN community and wanted to make visual novels more popular in the west. She believed easy to access torrents of VNs were the way to go about it, and the main site used to host those torrents. 

A lot has happened over the years, and now we have some different cool things going on (check out fuwamoon!) with the main site now being mainly a listing site.

The forums themselves have always just been a place for the community to gather and hang out though. 

Just now, Kaguya said:

This is fuwanovel's main site. It didn't always look like that - in fact this is how our site used to look, but neither are the forums.

Fuwanovel was created by an ardent pro-piracy gal named Aaeru. She was fond of VNs, didn't like the existing VN community and wanted to make visual novels more popular in the west. She believed easy to access torrents of VNs were the way to go about it, and the main site used to host those torrents. 

A lot has happened over the years, and now we have some different cool things going on (check out fuwamoon!) with the main site now being mainly a listing site.

The forums themselves have always just been a place for the community to gather and hang out though. 

Oh, alright. Seems pretty interesting; thanks for the info.

Congrats on the five years but these questions are too plain allow me to spice them up with shit posting some real talk :wahaha:

So, You and your friend Jack have been horse riding all day and now it's time to come drop from the saddle and take a break. But see Jack's having a bit of trouble as his legs have cramped and he's now stuck on the horse. So do you... Help Jack off the horse?

1 minute ago, Thatcomicguy said:

Congrats on the five years but these questions are too plain allow me to spice them up with shit posting some real talk :wahaha:

So, You and your friend Jack have been horse riding all day and now it's time to come drop from the saddle and take a break. But see Jack's having a bit of trouble as his legs have cramped and he's now stuck on the horse. So do you... Help Jack off the horse?

I'd tell him to get a better saddle and have a good laugh. 

3 hours ago, Kaguya said:

The old Website doesn't look that bad. I like it because of your FAQ and there are some good articles. Why did you delete this Website from your new one? :(

I am little bit curious how the forum used to look like in the past.

Edited by -soraa

3 minutes ago, -soraa said:

The old Website doesn't look that bad. I like it because of your FAQ. You tell there some good stuff. Why did you delete this Website from your new one? :(

New one is better for being a listing site and showing new releases and our articles. Makes more sense for the current purpose of fuwa.

11 minutes ago, -soraa said:

The old Website doesn't look that bad. I like it because of your FAQ. You tell there some good stuff. Why did you delete this Website from your new one? :(

The F.A.Q didn't quite make it because... it was mostly a bunch of posts justifying piracy or other grey areas :P

You asked about the forum, so this is the oldest image of Fuwanovel I have, I think:

Spoiler

iVB23Ln.png?1

Super duper secret staff forums yeah.

7 minutes ago, EastCoastDrifter said:

Do you think Fuwa is overstaffed with too many mods? I've read that there are currently 20 mods on here (correct me if I'm wrong), which is overkill when you think about it. Most communities I've been with only had a max of four mods.

HAHAHAHA

https://forums.fuwanovel.net/staff

For the last couple of months, the only ones active there were Zeno. Kaguya and Eclipsed appeared occasionally.

Me, Dergonu and Clephas were only added pretty recently.

What you read pertains to Fuwa of the past. Pre 2015, probably closer to 2013.

EDIT: I feel it necessary to clarify the tone of the laugh. I'm not so much laughing at you but at what you said, because it is in such direct opposition with reality. If anything, Fuwa was lacking in active mods for a while there.

Edited by Mr Poltroon

6 minutes ago, EastCoastDrifter said:

Do you think Fuwa is overstaffed with too many mods? I've read that there are currently 20 mods on here (correct me if I'm wrong), which is overkill when you think about it. Most communities I've been with only had a max of four mods.

I was talking about the past, yes. Only 2013. 

For the past year or so we held down the fort with only 2 mods. I recruited 3 more recently. Staff page is pretty outdated since it has mostly dead users. 

10 minutes ago, Mr Poltroon said:

HAHAHAHA

https://forums.fuwanovel.net/staff

For the last couple of months, the only ones active there were Zeno. Kaguya and Eclipsed appeared occasionally.

Me, Dergonu and Clephas were only added pretty recently.

What you read pertains to Fuwa of the past. Pre 2015, probably closer to 2013.

6 minutes ago, Kaguya said:

I was talking about the past, yes. Only 2013. 

For the past year or so we held down the fort with only 2 mods. I recruited 3 more recently. Staff page is pretty outdated since it has mostly dead users. 

Then again, it ain't farfetched. I remember a group I was with having well over ten mods on staff, but that was because the group in-particular was running multiple game servers, so extra help was needed.