Supporting Protagonist?

Khazit

Hi guys, I'm looking for some VNs that have the view point character(s) not being the hero of the story, and more importantly, not the one to finally "save the day", but rather just someone who provides support, or even just an observer to the real centerpiece hero(ine).

Ohh, I like this sort of thing, too. But it's hard to find these, though.

Cinderella Phenomenon. The main character gets caught up in the events surrounding her, but in the majority of the routes she cannot do much of anything herself. She is proactive, for sure, but relatively powerless. Even then, she is technically at the centre of events.

Majikoi. Yamato from Majikoi spends most of his time preparing things behind the scenes, and is not usually at the forefront of events, with everyone around him being more powerful than him. However, he also has moments where he's the one to save the day, so...

Don't Take It Personally Babe, It Just Ain't Your Story. I've played it, but that's all I'll say. I mean, just look at the title.
Analogue: A Hate Story and Hate Plus by the same author are about learning of a story that has already happened.

Katahane kind of fits. The characters we play spend a chunk of the story learning about the past, which is the core of this story, but has little to do with them, all things considered.

Kindred Spirits on the Rooftop. It's, essentially, a story about playing cupid, I guess. Does that fit?

Yumina the Ethereal is a surprising fit. The protagonist spends most of his time working for other people, and I'm fairly sure the heroines are the ones pulling the hero moments. But I might be misremembering.

In some ways, The Devil on G-String fits. In some, many others, it doesn't. The main story is about two characters, neither of which is the protagonist, but the protagonist is very proactive indeed.

A lot of world conquering games where the protagonist isn't especially powerful technically fit, but I'll go with Koihime Musou for this one. His power comes from everyone working for him, not he himself. Doesn't look like what you want, though.

Loren The Amazon Princess specifically advertises itself with this idea in mind. You play as the hero's servant. I thought it was pretty good, but embarrassingly, I've never finished it, which... Not usually a good sign.

Damn. That's it. Hardly a single one I think fits. I hope someone knows some.

Planetarian fits in way...

Lamento with the protag Konoe being a support to the hero in the route you're following (it is one of the main points of their routes).

Those are the ones that comes to mind...

Let's see. As for supprting MC I think Galaxy Angel trilogy should be good, because most of the actions were up to the heroines with the MC himself (Tact) as their commander. Other than that, Koiken Otome MC only have very strong support power that allowed heroines to become overpowered. Tsujidou also sort of fit, considering that Hiroshi himself is not a delinquent while he himself always managed to see the delinquents in action - keep in mind that it's still have one route untranslated. Hope it'll be help.

Majikoi seems like it may fit here, so long as it's the original. It might just be me but I feel like the sequel puts much more emphasis on Yamato himself over the heroines, him playing a much more central role in the routes rather than just taking part behind the scenes and watching those more powerful take the forefront, unlike in the original where it's the heroines that play the role of hero(ine) more often than not.

This one is a spoiler for the game it is in:

Spoiler

Hotel. by Akatsuki Works Black.  The real protagonist is the cat.

Most charage, lol.  I'm not joking.  Most charage are entirely about the heroines and the protagonist is just a cipher.

Edit: And just because I couldn't resist... this https://vndb.org/v18142

It is about a guy who literally is the 'best friend' of dozens of eroge protagonists, and he is cursed to be hated by the heroines.  It isn't precisely what you are looking for, but it is worth it for the giggles.