Puella Magi Madoka Magica

Moekou

Madoka is IMO a completely new take on the mahou shoujo genre. It's fresh and ofc dark at the same time. The spin-off such as kazumi magica and oriko magica is also amazing. Can't wait till I get my hands on the movie BD, though it's probably gonna take a few months T_T

I just love everything about the series!

So... yeah. I'm hip with VN lingo, but Anime stuff is pretty foreign to me. What do you mean by, "mahou shoujo"?

Mahou Shoujo means Magical Girl. I would be interested in learning some VN lingo. I am still kinda new to VNs and I don't know all the lingo yet.

Madoka Magica was in my opinion the best anime of 2011, is one of Shafts best works, and is Gen Urobuchi's 2nd best work (his first being Fate/Zero). I truly can not wait to get the movie BD's. Also are the spin offs good? I tried Kazumi before but it did not grab my attention.

Madoka Magica was in my opinion the best anime of 2011, is one of Shafts best works, and is Gen Urobuchi's 2nd best work (his first being Fate/Zero). I truly can not wait to get the movie BD's. Also are the spin offs good? I tried Kazumi before but it did not grab my attention.

I suggest reading oriko magica, it's great

I recently finished watching this anime about a month or so ago and I absolutely loved it. Initially, I became anxious at times throughout the story and a little confused, but overall I still enjoyed watching it. I think it's worth a second watch. I heard that there was supposed to be a movie coming out for it, but it won't be showing in my state at all. :/

Guess im in the Minority, i think its over hyped.

DONT get me wrong, I enjoyed it. However, the cult following it has confuses me. As far as being the best of 2011, im not so sure about that.

Heres a list of 2011 that i think compare to Madoka:

Blue Exorcist

C3

Deadman Wonderland

Gosick

Hanasaku Iroha

K-on!

Heaven's Lost Property

I could go on actually but you get the idea.

Im looking forward to the movie, but its not important to me.

NOTE: Above comments are just my opinion!!

EDIT: Heres a list of a complete list of 2011 anime. Youll see what i mean!!

Anime of 2011

Guess im in the Minority, i think its over hyped.

DONT get me wrong, I enjoyed it. However, the cult following it has confuses me. As far as being the best of 2011, im not so sure about that.

Heres a list of 2011 that i think compare to Madoka:

Blue Exorcist

C3

Deadman Wonderland

Gosick

Hanasaku Iroha

K-on!

Heaven's Lost Property

I could go on actually but you get the idea.

Im looking forward to the movie, but its not important to me.

NOTE: Above comments are just my opinion!!

EDIT: Heres a list of a complete list of 2011 anime. Youll see what i mean!!

Anime of 2011

Browsing through the list on wikipedia the only ones I found to be on the same level as Madoka were Gosick, Hanasaku Iroha, Fate/Zero, and Future Dairy. And in my defense of my previous statement I forgot Gosick, and Hanasaku Iroha were in 2011, and did not count the other two since thy went on into 2012 and I categorized them as such in my head. Also I am just curious as to what universe could C3, Deadman Wonderland and Heavens Lost Property compare to Madoka, sure two of them were good but on Madoka's level? I don't think so.

The above comments are just my opinion.

Browsing through the list on wikipedia the only ones I found to be on the same level as Madoka were Gosick, Hanasaku Iroha, Fate/Zero, and Future Dairy. And in my defense of my previous statement I forgot Gosick, and Hanasaku Iroha were in 2011, and did not count the other two since thy went on into 2012 and I categorized them as such in my head. Also I am just curious as to what universe could C3, Deadman Wonderland and Heavens Lost Property compare to Madoka, sure two of them were good but on Madoka's level? I don't think so.

The above comments are just my opinion.

No worries Jarm, everyone has their own opinion. We'll agree to disagree. :P

• 4 weeks later...

I thought that it was really interesting how they blended a bunch of genres together, and came out with a more gritty take on mahou shoujo.

I can't say it's my favorite series, but I can see why a lot of people enjoyed it so much, and why it's gotten so big.

I'm debating if I want to go see the movie since it's coming to Seattle.

I thought that it was really interesting how they blended a bunch of genres together, and came out with a more gritty take on mahou shoujo.

I can't say it's my favorite series, but I can see why a lot of people enjoyed it so much, and why it's gotten so big.

I'm debating if I want to go see the movie since it's coming to Seattle.

I wished it'd come here in Sydney Australia (TOT)~

I wasn't expecting it to come to Seattle at all... maybe your wishes will come true! ^^;

By the way, is anyone playing Madoka Online?

Thanks X'D~ I am interested in trying out Madoka Online. Been thinking of recording a commentary for it on my YouTube channel. Do you need to create a Japanese account or something? You know, the Japanese email address type of deal.

I appreciate Madoka, but it's also not my favorite show out there. Though the plot was heavy, I found myself unable to become attached to the cast all that much. That's the issue with story focused shows. There's no time to grow fond of the characters. When the cast fools around with daily stuff, we often think it's a waste of time. The thing is, that's often when we get to become attached to them. Madoka has none of those fluffs and got straight to the point. For better or worse is up to the individual, I suppose.

This reminds me of my neighbor who pseudo-worships Madoka. It's good and have a great deconstruction theme. But the pace just gets weirder as the show goes on, though the episode of Homura's past sets the series back on track. Then again, I still think of Saya no Uta as Urobuchi's greatest work.

More importantly, I just don't get why Madoka is elevated to deity status comparable or even greater than Haruhi^^;

Thanks X'D~ I am interested in trying out Madoka Online. Been thinking of recording a commentary for it on my YouTube channel. Do you need to create a Japanese account or something? You know, the Japanese email address type of deal.

Nope! Any old email will do! There's actually a guide on how to register here.

You can also find a bunch of helpful information here.

I have now watched the episodes after reading this thread. It was pretty good show. It really was well done, pretty much all of it. But the start was kinda wierd, when one of the characters disappeared. Didn't really feel much for her, so I laughed rather than felt sad lol. Pretty deep stuff they added tho, made me sad.

But one thing was wierd, I dont remember where in the anime but. Kybei, said that one of the laws of thermomechanics is that when energy transfers, some of the energy will be lost. Which is incorrect. Major plot hole lol. But I guess it could be correct in that "universe" -_-

• 3 weeks later...