Hello friends!

rambitious

I'm Rachel, an illustrator and vn developer working on completing a small demo game called Relentless. I post progress here: https://relentless-vn.tumblr.com/ . I'd love to meet other people who are interesting in developing a vn and talk about our projects, experiences, etc. Feel free to talk to me! I also chill out in the ren'py and tyranobuilder discord groups if anyone is interested. 

I aspire to hopefully be able to achieve the means and ability to turn my vn demo into the fully game that I'd originally planned for it to be.  Any advice and guidance on getting there is very much appreciated as I'm very new to the vn dev community. Thanks for reading, hope you have a lovely day!

Thank you all for the welcome! I'm not entirely sure how this forum works with letting people know I'm replying but hopefully you can see this! If not someone please tell me how I can let these lovely people know I'm responding to them xD Thanks again!

Also if you have a thread you think I'd be interested in specifically I'd love to know, much appreciated! 

3 hours ago, rambitious said:

I'm not entirely sure how this forum works with letting people know I'm replying

If you want to make absolutely sure people see your reply, quote their post or mention them like this: @rambitious. Then they will get a notification.

Though this much should be fine, most of us still look through the forum from time to time. :)

Edited by Dreamysyu

@Ranzo Thanks so much! I'll definitely need it xD

My first experiences with vns were probably dramatical murder, back when I was in highschool. Since then I've been super interested in the general format as a story telling medium. I'm also really intrigued by the emergence of western-style indie vns that are being produced. I came across concept art for a game called cinders and I was like whoa I could do something like this! I think the part that got me the most was that to make a vn, you can have very little knowledge of coding and game-making mechanics so creating one has gotten way easier.  Overall I just really love the unique way vns are able to communicate story in comparison to other mediums like animation, webcomics, etc. 

11 minutes ago, rambitious said:

@Ranzo Thanks so much! I'll definitely need it xD

My first experiences with vns were probably dramatical murder, back when I was in highschool. Since then I've been super interested in the general format as a story telling medium. I'm also really intrigued by the emergence of western-style indie vns that are being produced. I came across concept art for a game called cinders and I was like whoa I could do something like this! I think the part that got me the most was that to make a vn, you can have very little knowledge of coding and game-making mechanics so creating one has gotten way easier.  Overall I just really love the unique way vns are able to communicate story in comparison to other mediums like animation, webcomics, etc. 

That's cool I think it's always fascinating to find out how people discovered what is in many ways a incredibly unique genre. I have been loving them since about 2010 and it's been amazing seeing how prominent they've become.

relatively speaking

Hi there. I just glanced at your CG . The do remind me of Cinders ( witch I didn’t play :sachi: but it was added to a famous polish gaming magazine [ it is so old school it is still called CDAction] but I read the article about it , it was long time ago in my pre-vn life. )So keep up the work I hope to find a while to play your demo!:sacchan: