What VNs do you hope are announced for localization in 2018?

VirginSmasher

Well, I like all of the romance-like stuff, moege and the like. I would love to see more translated VNs like that but with young adult or adult protagonist and heroines because we have more that enough of teenager and high school stuff. Yeah, I know that in general that is the more common theme but I know that there are VNs like I said, so I would like to see these translated. Why? Well, I haven't been a teenager for a long time now so it will be more easy to relate to these stories than the other ones.

The problem with Aquaplus is not in regard of the localization, because in fact they quite open with that - the localized both of Utawarerumono sequels overseas. The problem is that they insisted to release their stuff on the console (ie PS4 and PSV), and only console while personally I hope that they also release stuff for PC as well - they can use Steam actually for overseas release. At least nobody will have much problem though with the absence 18+ content unlike Pulltop overseas release, because it was released for console first at the first place.

Anyway as for my hope for the announcement, I hope that there'll be Apeiria announcement. Both of Sengoku Koihime and Sakuramori will be interesting, and maybe Oretsuba as well - I think both of Conjueror and Garejei may be able to work on that. After I saw some VN review, I think Suzukaze no Melt is one of interesting title that both Whirlpool and Sekai could be announce instead of Nekonin. I also look forward for Harumade Kururu, and interestingly this is the only 'nukige' that I look forward into - actually I prefer Sekai to announced that at last year AX, instead of announced two new projects from the writer and illustrator of Harumade (Note that they work separately for the new projects). I knew that there's already a plan to bring Harumade overseas, but so far there's still no detail so it could be counted here.

I guess that's all what I can write in regard of my expectation for 2018 announcements.

Edited by littleshogun

Have only just realised that I didn't write anything on the topic. Well, here we go again.

Would be nice to see more hyped games from the MG partners like Evolimit, Fairytale Requiem, Amatsutsumi, Byakko, Sakura no Mori, Soreyori no Prologue and Asairo.

Would be nice for Sekai to not delay Nanairo Reincarnation till 2020 and announce Akeiro Kaikitan.

Would be nice if JAST stopped mocking its customers and actually started releasing and announcing Nitro+ games.

Would be nice if Light and Makura announced new localisations.

Would be nice for Frontwing to release their localisations faster.

Would be nice if someone finally partnered with August, Akatsuki Works and Railsoft.

Would be nice to see more detective-ish VNs like Chronobox, Ouka Sabaki and Shinsou Noise.

Would be nice to get J.Q.V,  Hatsuyuki Sakura, Hikari no Umi no Apeiria..

Etc, etc, etc. But honestly, I feel like more console VNs is something I want to see the most. Net high, Tsuihou Senkyo, Yu-No remake, Robotic;Notes/Occultic;Nine and such. (PQube please)

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I've seen some novel that interest me but nothing I'm crazy about

I'm actually interested in Fraternite because is from Clock Up and I really enjoyed 'euphoria' and I wish to read something dark and morally incorrect like that, I've seen the CGS and, boi, I REALLY want to traumatize myself. Other than this... maybe one untranslated from nitro? I love nitro novels, just give me anything from them

Edited by Truffa

2 minutes ago, Truffa said:

Well, I've seen some novel that interest me but nothing I'm crazy about

I'm actually interested in Fraternite because is from Clock Up and I really enjoyed 'euphoria' and I wish to read something dark and morally incorrect like that, I've seen the CGS and, boi, I REALLY want to traumatize myself. Other than this... nah

Well, Maggot Baits from Clock Up is being translated at the moment. If you think Fraternite will traumatize you, then I don't know what Maggot Baits will do to you :P 

It doesn't get much better than Maggot Baits if we're talking dark Clock Up titles. 

1 minute ago, Dergonu said:

Well, Maggot Baits from Clock Up is being translated at the moment. If you think Fraternite will traumatize you, then I don't know what Maggot Baits will do to you :P 

It doesn't get much better than Maggot Baits if we're talking dark Clock Up titles. 

Oh, I want to read Maggot Baits, probably after finishing Steins;Gate I will start it. I have a strong stomach and mind, so I guess I will be fine... More like I hope I will