What VNs do you hope are announced for localization in 2018?

VirginSmasher

Since already announced VNs that may be coming out in 2018 has been talked to death already, I figured "Why not make a list of what we hope gets announced for localization this year?" Here's my wishlist for this year. I'm going to seperate them into realistic and unrealistic sections

Realistic VNs that could be announced in 2018 (Mostly only because of pre-existing partnerships

• Evolimit because of Mangagamer's current partnership with Propeller.
  • Amatsutsumi just because I liked Chrono Clock quite a bit.
  • Sakura no Mori because of Mangagamer's partnership with Moonstone.
  • Soreyori no Prologue because of Minori
  • J.Q.V. because of Studio Beast's partnership with Fruitbat

Now for the slightly long list of VNs that are way more unrealistic options, but I hope may happen this year

I know. I'm a wishful thinker. :marie:

I think there already exist a same thread. But well, who cares?

I HOPE that one of this Visual Novel's will get an official english release:

- Natsuzora no Perseus --> Because of DARK IMOUTO/INCEST ROUTE
Natsu no Iro no Nostalgia or Sakura no Mori † Dreamers (moonstone --> mangagamer = we are waiting! Please don't announce Imouto Paradise 3...) 
Amatsutsumi & Aoi Tori --> I loved Chrono Clock. Therefore I hope we will get those two localized. 
Sakura no Uta -Sakura no Mori no Ue o Mau-
-
Karenai Sekai to Owaru Hana
Mashiro Iro Symphony
- Summer Pockets
(Yeah I know, that this new game from Key isn't even out in japan but I can dream that it gets an english translation) 
White Album 2 ~Closing Chapter~ --> HOW LONG WE HAVE TO WAIT... 

And those 3 Yuri-VN's:

- Kotonoha Amrilato --> I love the Design.
Seisai no Resonance
Lilycle Rainbow Stage!!! 
--> Looks good ^-^

Edited by -soraa

13 hours ago, VirginSmasher said:

Isn't Hikari Field only a Chinese translation company at this point besides whatever they're doing to Tayutama 2?

it is. But the problem is the fact that the licensing for a localization isn't just of Moostone now, regardless the language. This is also why a company can make a multilengual localization, like hikari field with tayutama for example. 

Ao no Kanata no Four Rhythm [with all the talk and drama that used to surround this VN :sachi:, i'll always be a bit curious about it]

ChuSinGura 46+1 [a relocalisation please, yeah supremely unlikely but one can hope]

Soushuu Senshinkan Gakuen Hachimyoujin [cause i loved dies irae and would like to try something else from the writer]

Evolimit [Cause i loved tokyo bable and would like to try something else from the writer]

Gekkou no Carnevale [honestly, i can't remember why i put this VN in my wishlist lol, looks interesting]

Hello Lady! [heard good things]

Ourai no Gahkthun: Shining Night [man, i loved Gahkthun! , i always hoped they'll localize the fan disk]

Sumaga [the rights to this being transferred to mangagamer somehow :makina:]

Any Eushully game 50+ hour game. I liked kamidori and long gameplay VNs in general. It doesn't even have to be Eushully actually, any decent gameplay VN with or with H-scenes is fine.

9 hours ago, -soraa said:

I think there already exist a same thread. But well, who cares?

I HOPE that one of this Visual Novel's will get an official english release:

- Natsuzora no Perseus --> Because of DARK IMOUTO/INCEST ROUTE
Natsu no Iro no Nostalgia or Sakura no Mori † Dreamers (moonstone --> mangagamer = we are waiting! Please don't announce Imouto Paradise 3...) 
Amatsutsumi & Aoi Tori --> I loved Chrono Clock. Therefore I hope we will get those two localized. 
Sakura no Uta -Sakura no Mori no Ue o Mau-
-
Karenai Sekai to Owaru Hana
Mashiro Iro Symphony
- Summer Pockets
(Yeah I know, that this new game from Key isn't even out in japan but I can dream that it gets an english translation) 
White Album 2 ~Closing Chapter~ --> HOW LONG WE HAVE TO WAIT... 

And those 3 Yuri-VN's:

- Kotonoha Amrilato --> I love the Design.
Seisai no Resonance
Lilycle Rainbow Stage!!! 
--> Looks good ^-^

Some solid picks here. Natsuzora seems unlikely though as even I hadn't heard of it until you posted about it, even if it's from Minori.

And we can only hope that somebody localizes White Album 2 eventually (Please not Sekai Project of JAST though)

2 hours ago, Infernoplex said:

1. ChronoBox

2. Gore Screaming Show

3. Extravaganza ~Mushi Mederu Shoujo~

Give me any of these three darkges and I'll be a happy man! :D

I'd be completely content with any of these as well. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem like companies are in the business for this style of VN at the moment.

27 minutes ago, DharmaFreedom said:

Ao no Kanata no Four Rhythm [with all the talk and drama that used to surround this VN :sachi:, i'll always be a bit curious about it]

ChuSinGura 46+1 [a relocalisation please, yeah supremely unlikely but one can hope]

Soushuu Senshinkan Gakuen Hachimyoujin [cause i loved dies irae and would like to try something else from the writer]

Evolimit [Cause i loved tokyo bable and would like to try something else from the writer]

Gekkou no Carnevale [honestly, i can't remember why i put this VN in my wishlist lol, looks interesting]

Hello Lady! [heard good things]

Ourai no Gahkthun: Shining Night [man, i loved Gahkthun! , i always hoped they'll localize the fan disk]

Sumaga [the rights to this being transferred to mangagamer somehow :makina:]

Any Eushully game 50+ hour game. I liked kamidori and long gameplay VNs in general. It doesn't even have to be Eushully actually, any decent gameplay VN with or with H-scenes is fine.

A lot of wishful thinking here. At least you're optimistic. Gekkou and Sumaga both belong to JAST right now and ChuSinGura will probably never get a re-localization, no matter how much we want it to happen.

3 hours ago, Xander said:

it is. But the problem is the fact that the licensing for a localization isn't just of Moostone now, regardless the language. This is also why a company can make a multilengual localization, like hikari field with tayutama for example. 

I highly doubt Hikari have any rights to the english version, you don't "split" IP during the licensing, you usually only give them rights to distribute it in a certain language or region. Sure, they can obtain the license to the english version too but then that would only mean that you are late to the party. You wouldn't license from Hikari either way, it is still Moonstone's IP.

Edited by novurdim

1 hour ago, VirginSmasher said:

Some solid picks here. Natsuzora seems unlikely though as even I hadn't heard of it until you posted about it, even if it's from Minori.

And we can only hope that somebody localizes White Album 2 eventually (Please not Sekai Project of JAST though)

Well, I found this picture and therefore I am really interested in this VN:

Spoiler

Girl with black hair is the sister of the Protagonist:

ev03_014a03.jpg

It dosen't look like a generic and boring VN and it's the second VN I am really interested in the Imouto Route. (The first one was in Chrono Clock and I loved it) 
As well I hope mangagamer will release Trinoline this year *-*

BRO! I, too, hope that those publisher's don't pick White Album 2... But we even don't know if it gets localized in the near future. :vinty:

Edited by -soraa

6 minutes ago, -soraa said:

Well, I found this picture and therefore I am really interessted in this VN:

Reveal hidden contents

Black girl is the sister of the Protagonist:

ev03_014a03.jpg

It dosen't look like a generic and boring VN and it's the second VN I am really interessted in the Imouto Route. (The first one was in Chrono Clock and I loved it) 

BRO! I, too, hope that those publisher's don't pick White Album 2... But we even don't know if it gets localized in the near future. 

Well, that pic is interesting enough, but I doubt that'll be localized over some of their other VNs anytime soon.

5 hours ago, Xander said:

That isn't really a problem, because localization doesn't normally work that way.  Rights are typically sold off by language and region.  Note that of all the games Hikari Field licensed, exactly one of them is getting an English version.  Moonstone has a relationship with MangaGamer, and that relationship is working out extremely well for them.  Every one of Moonstone's 4 english-translated games is very popular.  So unless Moonstone doesn't know how to negotiate contracts, they still have the rights to give to MangaGamer.

I'd say that the game actually has good odds of getting licensed, even if Magical Marriage Lunatics somehow bombs (which I very much doubt).

1 hour ago, novurdim said:

SUPIPARA CHAPTER THREE :wahaha:

Sales of Supipara volume 2 and Trinoline will probably be enough to push Volume 3 over the finish line.