What are your least favourite things that VN localization companies do?

VirginSmasher

2 minutes ago, Hetzer123 said:

After purchasing the product outside of steam, customer should be given library on account page and direct download link rather than email only URL.

Btw how does different companies do in regards to this? I know denpa gives email and is pretty crappy, but I have only bought physical editions from Jast and MG so I don't really know how they deal with downloads.

1 hour ago, bakauchuujin said:

I know denpa gives email and is pretty crappy

Denpa is a bit strange in that regard. I bought a few games from them, and for most of them download links simply appeared in my account on their site, but for the second Grisaia I got an e-mail download, and it was very slow. It would literally take me several days to download everything. I went for a trip later that day, and I didn't have access to normal Internet for about a week after that, but when I got home, the download link from the e-mail didn't work anymore, but instead I got a new download link on their site. I still don't understand what happened there, but, well, in the end I didn't even have to use their tech support.

Edited by Dreamysyu

On 3/3/2018 at 11:45 AM, Acrylic7 said:

Take a damn long time to release. 

I can forgive certain releases in this aspect, but things like Bokuten, Nitroplus VNs, and a lot of Sekai's catalogue have just take way longer than they should've at this point.

Although knowing Sekai, if we rushed them, they might've botched the releases again.

As for Bokuten, perhaps they might have some issue like Suki Suki considering that Overdrive was almost closed down, and they about to prepare their final VN so at least Bokuten issue have some a little tiny bit of excuse. For Nitroplus though, I'm pretty much just gave up on that lol.

46 minutes ago, littleshogun said:

As for Bokuten, perhaps they might have some issue like Suki Suki considering that Overdrive was almost closed down, and they about to prepare their final VN so at least Bokuten issue have some a little tiny bit of excuse. For Nitroplus though, I'm pretty much just gave up on that lol.

I get that, but most of the progress for Bokuten is finished. Maybe it's just not easy discussing other matters with Overdrive at the moment.

And yeah, Nitroplus VNs are a lost cause at this point. The last notable one came out in 2015 and that was Hanachirasu (I'll never count Sonicomi as a notable Nitroplus VN).

In that case, according from the progress site what was left from Suki Suki was only beta testing, and Mangagamer already said their indirect announcement in regard of the negotiation of Suki Suki which apparently quite difficult. Also for more info Mangagamer was formerly came from Overdrive, so maybe they also need to prepare Overdrive closing. Keep in mind that it was my speculation though.

Hanachirasu, well it's indeed the last serious Nitroplus VN release back at 2015, which unfortunately not a good release because it's another redundant release from JAST - there's already fan translation patch for Hanachirasu before 2015, and if I remember the translation was mostly same.

Bokuten's issues seem to stem mostly from mismanagement and switching engines then anything else. Like I believe it flip flopped around three times who would do the engine work and by the time it went back to Doddler again the Higurashi answer arcs were finishing up and he got the website project and a bunch of other work. It's one of the bigger casualties of having one person work for at least 3 localization companies on different projects and having basically no one who can replace him that isn't much more expensive.