Not sure where to post this... (Solved)

Fuzzytrout

First off, I just wanted to say hi to everyone here, and thank you all for the great discussions and translations. I love coming here and reading the posts, even if I'd just been lurking around.

I did have a question about dmm (the site) downloads and was wondering if anyone has had problems downloading games from there? I just purchased Noble Works from the site (I'd never used dmm before this time, so I'm a newbie there too), but when I try to download, a pop up... pops up. It mentions google chrome, but the rest is in Japanese and it doesn't allow me to cut/paste the message to get an idea from an online translator. The same message pops up for the single download, as well as the three split downloads. I figure it has something to do with download size? Has anyone else experienced something similar, and if so, is there some sort of work-around? I know, not a lot of information to go on, but any ideas or advice is appreciated. Thanks.

Pics please?  I don't like DMM.com because of the way they categorically prevent western IPs from accessing large swathes of their inventory, so I always hit dlsite or getchu if I can find what I want there.

Edit: I do own a few games on dmm.com, but I have to use a VPN to get them to download, because DMM keeps trying to prevent me from even accessing my account.

2 hours ago, Fuzzytrout said:

First off, I just wanted to say hi to everyone here, and thank you all for the great discussions and translations. I love coming here and reading the posts, even if I'd just been lurking around.

I did have a question about dmm (the site) downloads and was wondering if anyone has had problems downloading games from there? I just purchased Noble Works from the site (I'd never used dmm before this time, so I'm a newbie there too), but when I try to download, a pop up... pops up. It mentions google chrome, but the rest is in Japanese and it doesn't allow me to cut/paste the message to get an idea from an online translator. The same message pops up for the single download, as well as the three split downloads. I figure it has something to do with download size? Has anyone else experienced something similar, and if so, is there some sort of work-around? I know, not a lot of information to go on, but any ideas or advice is appreciated. Thanks.

Think the message you are getting is talking about how to open the download links. It has nothing to do with IP blocking etc. DMM actually opened their digital store to western IPs a while back. 

Try right clicking each individual link, then "open in new tab." It should work then. Normal left clicks don't work with firefox on DMM. 

14 hours ago, Clephas said:

Pics please?  I don't like DMM.com because of the way they categorically prevent western IPs from accessing large swathes of their inventory, so I always hit dlsite or getchu if I can find what I want there.

Edit: I do own a few games on dmm.com, but I have to use a VPN to get them to download, because DMM keeps trying to prevent me from even accessing my account.

Thanks. I'd just finished patching ToHeart2 and was getting really sleepy, so I'll blame that for not thinking of taking a screen shot. It's working now, so I can't get a pic of the message. I couldn't find this item on dlsite or getchu (or even dmm initially) searching, and was only directed to the dll purchase site from a link on the Yuzu Soft web site. I'd never purchased anything from any of the three sites, but will keep this in mind in the future. I've been buying the original physical boxed games to this point. In any case, thanks again for the assistance. 

3 minutes ago, Fuzzytrout said:

Thanks. I'd just finished patching ToHeart2 and was getting really sleepy, so I'll blame that for not thinking of taking a screen shot. It's working now, so I can't get a pic of the message. I couldn't find this item on dlsite or getchu (or even dmm initially) searching, and was only directed to the dll purchase site from a link on the Yuzu Soft web site. I'd never purchased anything from any of the three sites, but will keep this in mind in the future. I've been buying the original physical boxed games to this point. In any case, thanks again for the assistance. 

It looks like the physical version is still sold on Getchu, but the download version is only offered on dmm...

Well, if it is a pre-2009 VN, there is a good chance you can find it by googling 'VN Japanese name in kanji/kana' dlsite.  Of late, Getchu has also been offering downloads, so for games post-2014, it is worth looking there.  I don't suggest buying physical versions of games older than a year unless you live in Japan, lol.