Dynasty Warriors 9 comes out this week but I'm sad...

Thatcomicguy

Me and my friend used to always play the co-op together in the earlier entries and were both going to get it on Xbox when it comes out in the West on the 13th, but I just learnt the devs have removed all aspects of a co-op feature to streamline a single player experience. So time for the obligatory my childhood is ruined comment... But in all seriousness Kingdom Come Deliverance comes out the same day so I might just buy that first instead.

4 hours ago, Thatcomicguy said:

Me and my friend used to always play the co-op together in the earlier entries and were both going to get it on Xbox when it comes out in the West on the 13th, but I just learnt the devs have removed all aspects of a co-op feature to streamline a single player experience. So time for the obligatory my childhood is ruined comment... But in all seriousness Kingdom Come Deliverance comes out the same day so I might just buy that first instead.

buy a different game? but what about a more streamlined single player experience? :kosame:

but hey, that sucks. although i hate dw, i imagine it would at least be tolerable with multi. kingdom come is a good choice from what ive seen. looks like a fun rpg! :mare: 

11 minutes ago, mitchhamilton said:

buy a different game? but what about a more streamlined single player experience? :kosame:

but hey, that sucks. although i hate dw, i imagine it would at least be tolerable with multi. kingdom come is a good choice from what ive seen. looks like a fun rpg! :mare: 

Yeah I ended up pre-ordering both, knowing full well with my backlog it'll be about a month before I play either of them. But what can I say I'm weak :wahaha:

Hopefully they'll be better than Monster Hunter Worlds, I was looking forward to that for ages to just to be let down.

2 minutes ago, Thatcomicguy said:

Yeah I ended up pre-ordering both, knowing full well with my backlog it'll be about a month before I play either of them. But what can I say I'm weak :wahaha:

Hopefully they'll be better than Monster Hunter Worlds, I was looking forward to that for ages to just to be let down.

oh really? i played teh demo and it was fun. what was wrong with it?

1 minute ago, mitchhamilton said:

oh really? i played teh demo and it was fun. what was wrong with it?

I know a lot of people are enjoying the hell out of it but for me it just came across as boring. Some parts are faithful to the DS ports were not all characters are named, or have full voice acting but for a triple A console release it feels lazy. The combat I found was the worst, with item mappings taking up more time to get to than they should, blocking and rolling not really being effective *on Xbox at least* due to delays in the control responses or just the monsters accurately predicting where you're going to be rolling too and hitting you anyway. Just sapped the fun out of it for me. It would be an okay game if you got it on sale but it's nowhere near worth full price right now, wait until a few patches or something at least.

Just now, Thatcomicguy said:

I know a lot of people are enjoying the hell out of it but for me it just came across as boring. Some parts are faithful to the DS ports were not all characters are named, or have full voice acting but for a triple A console release it feels lazy. The combat I found was the worst, with item mappings taking up more time to get to than they should, blocking and rolling not really being effective *on Xbox at least* due to delays in the control responses or just the monsters accurately predicting where you're going to be rolling too and hitting you anyway. Just sapped the fun out of it for me. It would be an okay game if you got it on sale but it's nowhere near worth full price right now, wait until a few patches or something at least.

hmm, i see. fair enough.

I don't get the whole 'too many pokemon to catch' thing. Since I've bought my Pokémon X and captured all 718 available (and then the 3 mythical), I never needed to catch them all over again - you just have to transfer them, simple as that. I only had to catch around 80 on gen 7, so what is the point of the complaint?

"But I don't have the other games" - So you didn't have to catch them before, so it's up to you to do it or not.

"I don't have friends to trade with" - Sorry

"But more than 800 is an absurd" - USUM, the last entries, only had around half of that to capture in the entire game. Not a valid argument.

Anyway, not in a good mood today.

1 hour ago, Okarin said:

Maybe some 2-player fights in Dragon Ball Fighter Z if you really want multi.

We play fighters like Injustice which is great with the TMNT coming next week. Nether of are fans of DBZ in general to be honest, even as a kid I always enjoyed the cartoon about Goku as a kid gathering the dragon balls over the DBZ.