Favorite VN?

Inorin

Favorite VN (series)  

47 members have voted

1. 1. What's your most favorite VN (series)?

• Muv Luv (Extra,Unlimited,Alternative)
    • Steins Gate (Steins Gate, Steins Gate 0)
    • G senjou no Maou
    • Fate Stay Night
    • Baldr Sky Dive (Lost Memory, Recordare)
    • Grisaia (Kajitsu,Meikyuu,Rauken)
    • White Album 2 (Introductory Chapter, Closing Chapter)
    • Umineko
    • Clannad
    • Rewrite
    • Dies irae
    • Saya no Uta
    • Ever17
    • Soukou Akki Muramasa
    • Zero Escape (999,VLR,ZTD)
    • Sharin no Kuni
    • Subarashiki Hibi
    • Sakura no Uta
    • Danganronpa (Trigger Happy Havoc, Goodbye Despair, Killing Harmony)
    • Others (Please specify)

There was a bigger scale poll about favorite VNs made by @NowItsAngeTime i think

And the finale was Grisaia and Steins;gate, where SG had won. But ofc, people whose's favorite VN already lost against something didn't leave the poll, but voted for the others as it continued, so it can't exactly be called everyone's favorite. But at least roughly the most liked VN around here

As for me, SG and SG 0 combined are my favorite, although i still have my first real VN Everlasting summer placed on my top too

EDIT: found the link to the results

http://www.bracketmaker.com/tmenu.cfm?&tid=467243&tclass=

Edited by Zidan209

3 hours ago, Zidan209 said:

There was a bigger scale poll about favorite VNs made by @NowItsAngeTime i think

And the finale was Grisaia and Steins;gate, where SG had won. But ofc, people whose's favorite VN already lost against something didn't leave the poll, but voted for the others as it continued, so it can't exactly be called everyone's favorite. But at least roughly the most liked VN around here

As for me, SG and SG 0 combined are my favorite, although i still have my first real VN Everlasting summer placed on my top too

EDIT: found the link to the results

http://www.bracketmaker.com/tmenu.cfm?&tid=467243&tclass=

Oh wow I didn't think anyone would remember this.

Shame on me but i'm going to copy VirginSmasher :notlikemiya:

1/ Gyakuten Saiban 3 (Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Trials and Tribulations)

2/ G-senjou no Maou

3/ Kara no Shoujo

4/ Steins;Gate

5/ I/O

6/ Fate/stay night

7/ DanganRonpa : Trigger Happy Havoc

8/ Eden* They Were Only Two, On The Planet

9/ Kono yo no hate de koi o utau Shoujo YU-NO

10/ Kara no Shoujo 2

15 hours ago, Kaguya said:

Rose Guns Days. Actually well-paced for such a long VN, incredible soundtrack, very fun and compelling characters with nice motivations and a good story rooted in real life tensios. Usually not the biggest Ryukishi fan, think all of his other works have too many flaws that make me not enjoy them, but nothing I've played has even gotten close to it for me now. 

Seconding Rose Gun Days. This novel doesn't seem to get enough love. I'm very anti-mafia genre, but I still loved it.

11 minutes ago, EastCoastDrifter said:

I'm really surprised that Grisaia, of all VNs, is getting the majority of the votes. Really surprising, because I thought the Grisaia series is hated on Fuwanovel.

I don't think so. Like with any popular series, there are haters and there are those who like it, and the haters were simply more vocal in the past. Plus, the community changes: new members come, old members leave.

1 minute ago, Dreamysyu said:

I don't think so. Like with any popular series, there are haters and there are those who like it, and the haters were simply more vocal in the past. Plus, the community changes: new members come, old members leave.

Is that so? I guess the hate train for Grisaia died down then.

On that note, I wonder what would happen if, say, Doki Doki Literature Club were included in the voting options? I imagine it would take the majority spot instantly. Then again, probably not without a wave of controversy.

5 minutes ago, EastCoastDrifter said:

On that note, I wonder what would happen if, say, Doki Doki Literature Club were included in the voting options? I imagine it would take the majority spot instantly. Then again, probably not without a wave of controversy.

No OELVN would win a content around here. Maybe on Steam, yes, but Fuwa is still way too much into weeb purity and appreciation of everything truly Japanese. ;)

3 minutes ago, Plk_Lesiak said:

No OELVN would win a content around here. Maybe on Steam, yes, but Fuwa is still way too much into weeb purity and appreciation of everything truly Japanese. ;)

Well that's a relief. I honestly thought DDLC would be praised as a "god" on Fuwa just like everywhere else.

TBH, I don't like DDLC. Not because it's a psychological horror fest disguised as a moe VN, but because the VN itself is essentially a deconstruction of the entire medium. Now many readers who're looking to get into VNs will look at DDLC as the "standard" for VNs, and gloss over others as nothing but trash.

7 minutes ago, EastCoastDrifter said:

Well that's a relief. I honestly thought DDLC would be praised as a "god" on Fuwa just like everywhere else.

TBH, I don't like DDLC. Not because it's a psychological horror fest disguised as a moe VN, but because the VN itself is essentially a deconstruction of the entire medium. Now many readers who're looking to get into VNs will look at DDLC as the "standard" for VNs, and gloss over others as nothing but trash.

Well I don't think most of us here would actually consider DDLC as a kamige. I personally feel that it's decent enough but does not deserve its ridiculously high rating on Steam. The fact that it's more highly rated than actual kamiges like SubaHibi and Dies Irae on Steam is astounding, even if it is free.

Edited by wei123

19 minutes ago, EastCoastDrifter said:

I feel like it wouldn't get a single vote. :wahaha:

7 minutes ago, EastCoastDrifter said:

Well, I kind of agree, but not quite. I like it overall, but it's definitely not a kamige some people make it out to be. And I agree that it's a terrible starting point for VNs.

1 hour ago, Dreamysyu said:

And I agree that it's a terrible starting point for VNs.

I got my IRL friend just recently into VNs. He played DDLC for the memes and didn't refuse to check a real VN after that. So i decided to try the magic of Katawa Shoujo as a "starter VN" and see what kind of results it will bring

3 hours ago, Zidan209 said:

I got my IRL friend just recently into VNs. He played DDLC for the memes and didn't refuse to check a real VN after that. So i decided to try the magic of Katawa Shoujo as a "starter VN" and see what kind of results it will bring

I see. Well, I am not sure, of course, since it definitely wasn't my first VN, but I still can't really trust DDLC with giving a correct idea about what a VN is to people who never read a VN before. Especially considering that it's widely known that it was made as a criticism to the anime-culture and VNs in general. People who heard that and played DDLC as their only VN might not exactly understand what is being criticized and deconstructed. I kind of feel like a lot of them might come to an idea that other VNs one hundred percent consist of simple moeges like the first chapter of DDLC, which is not really a right assumption. At least, that's what my assumption would be, I think.

But, well, who knows?