Best Non-Moege You've Ever Read.

VirginSmasher

Well, would you look at that. My first discussion thread since I stopped posting back in 2016. I'm so proud of myself for actually becoming active again...although it's on a weeb forum. :nokia:

Well, now that I've committed to the creation of my Anti Moege Task Force in accordance with @HMN, I feel like this being my first discussion thread is too fitting for me. The title says it all. What is your favourite VN you've ever read that isn't a moege? I wanna know all your opinions and internally shit on them. :makina:

I eagerly await thy answers. :sachi:

My favourite would be Himawari, but if that doesn't count, Ever17 currently. 

Also, if you want to join the Anti Moege Task Force, send all inquiries to @Kiriririri:maple:

Edited by VirginSmasher

6 minutes ago, Chewy said:

As we all know, "non-moeges" can be left out of the title and the discussion remains the same.

You say this like moege even deserve to be discussed. :makina:

6 minutes ago, Kaguya said:

Also that meme moogy game. 

Of course. Anything involving Moogy is kamige-tier. 

Moogy fanboy-ism is cancer.

30 minutes ago, VirginSmasher said:

Well, now that I've committed to the creation of my Anti Moege Task Force

Can I join that? I fucking hate Moege with all my heart!

Since I avoid Moege like the plague, all my favorite VNs are non-moege. But if I had to pick one off the top of my head, it would be Sayonara wo Oshiete for Untranslated. And Narcissu for translated. 

1 minute ago, Zalor said:

Can I join that? I fucking hate Moege with all my heart!

Since I avoid Moege like the plague, all my favorite VNs are non-moege. But if I had to pick one off the top of my head, it would be Sayonara wo Oshiete for Untranslated. And Narcissu for translated. 

I think the only way to join, to my knowledge, is to change your role to it just to let people know you're in it.

Lucky. As a filthy EOP, sometimes my only option is to try out a moege and see if it provides me with some semblance of entertainment. That doesn't happen too often as you can probably guess.

1 hour ago, VirginSmasher said:

I think the only way to join, to my knowledge, is to change your role to it just to let people know you're in it.

Lucky. As a filthy EOP, sometimes my only option is to try out a moege and see if it provides me with some semblance of entertainment. That doesn't happen too often as you can probably guess.

we're taking Fuwa by storm already. 

Anyhow, Senshikan is my favorite at this point of time.

does da capo counts as a moege??? yes??? hmmm.... what about canvas??? that too?? ehmmmm to heart??? no???11 eyes???still a moege??? ehmmmm h20??? not translated???? ehhmmmm sharin no kuni??? secret game??? 

ill answer... maybe for busy people series. that definetely sure that those are not moege

All those factions emerging, soon we'll have to set a legal framework and rules of engagement, before that total weeb war scenario actually ensues. :rize:

---------

I wonder if I've even finished something that counts as a "pure" moege? Ace Academy and Fragment's Note would be the closest to that I guess? And maybe Flowers? How do you categorize Flowers? :o

Anyways, I'll say Analogue and CUPID, for obvious-non-moege.

Honestly moege term was wrong because the meaning of moe is 'deep feelings felt towards a particular subject', and I think it's possible to develop that feeling to all of VNs (Yes, including Himawari, ChuSingura, Senshinkan, Ever17, and some more). So in theory we could call all of the VNs as moege lol, as long as you like it deeply. At least in my opinion, although of course everyone have different view on that.

That aside, if you want serious answer with the definition of non-moege VN as 'VN that didn't only have usual cute anime style characters and route based' ie the general view, then I guess my favorite would be either Sengoku Rance or Deardrops. The former did have very interesting gameplay, while the latter was have more satisfying true ending compared to Kira Kira. Seabed was also pretty good to me, so you may try that if you interested.

Edited by littleshogun