Share your wisdom with me I know you want to.

BlackCatPrincess

I'm gonna be THAT guy. I'm always going to suggest Grisaia no Kajitsu https://vndb.org/v5154 . I might be biased, since it was my first VN, and it was a life changer for me. But I think it'll be up your alley too. It's got a lot of comedy (even has a broken engrish scene), quirky characters (ChiruChiru best girl imo), great writing (I love how the main character thinks about things), nice music (it's about as good as Clannad), and some serious feels (it can be as emotionally powerful as Clannad). I was downright hooked on the entire trilogy.

I'll also suggest Kono Oozora https://vndb.org/v9093 . It was my 2nd VN. Pretty lighthearted overall, but still has plenty of drama and comedy.

4 hours ago, Kaguya said:

Rewrite has a fan translation if you really feel like reading it, by the way. From what I remember it wasn't bad. 

IIRC, VisualArts bought Ixrec's Rewrite/Harvest Fiesta translations, tossed them, and then gave the title to Sekai. Might want to wait on Conjueror to finish translation on Rewrite+ before reading.

1 hour ago, 1P1A said:

IIRC, VisualArts bought Ixrec's Rewrite/Harvest Fiesta translations, tossed them, and then gave the title to Sekai. Might want to wait on Conjueror to finish translation on Rewrite+ before reading.

I'm still peeved about this. Call me biased, but Rewrite is one of the best VNs I've ever read. Ixrec may have had to take some liberties with translation on some sections, but it was fantastic as a whole. And I don't want to have to wait another 2-4 years for Rewrite+

Edited by Hiashi

As for yuri, I think Seabed was good VN although keep in mind it was linear though, and the graphic might be not your taste (It didn't voiced as well). Or maybe you want to wait until 22nd later because Mangagamer will released Sono Hanabira 11 at that date, in case you want lighter yuri VN (Yes, Seabed did have some heavy topic). For comedy, I don't know if my recommendations will fulfill your taste, but regardless if you have enough time then you should try both of Noble Works and Dracu Riot. Hope my recommendation would be help.

@littleshogun looks like I need to check out your vndb. Art style seabed noble works and Dracu riot are what I like.

11 hours ago, 1P1A said:

Or I can just learn myself Japanese (not going to happen) I will keep in mind to check if the Conjueror til is ready. Still I preferre  officiciall releases legally bought paid for and so on. That’s all I can do to support artist. I am definitely going to read rewrite sooner or later like I said I am still a noobee when it comes to vn so that gives me luxury of not urgently waiting for new releases. All I need to do is just pick somethig from the great recommendations FuwaFamily gave me :sacchan:

Bro you need Yuri?!

Love Ribbon (You have to play this one! I mean Yuri + Incest = forbidden Love between sisters --> Do you need something else?) In my opinoin a very good Yuri VN with a good charakter design. 
Sono Hanabira ni Kuchizuke o - New Gen! --> It was okay, but I actually played it because of Yuri + Incest and I liked it.

Something that will change your life? 

- Fate stay/night --> Do you wish to follow your ideal no matter what happens or do you give up your ideal to protect your love ones and become really BADASS? 

Something else:

If you are a "family-person" then I recommend you to read:
- Chrono Clock --> Michiru's Route is the Imouto Route but it's more about family and less about the incest part. Actually a really good VN and I liked it. 

PS: Actually, I don't like normal Incest-Story's but Michiru's route in Chrono Clock is really worth and Yuri Incest is something else! :Chocola:

Edited by -soraa

you are already playing subahibi even though you are quite new to VNs wow you have guts (or do you not know what lies ahead of you in the vn lol).

Anyways, to answer your question, I recommend the Muv Luv series because not only is its final game (Muv Luv Alternative) the highest rated vn on vndb, it's also one of the most soul crushing and depressing (to date, it's the only vn I've cried to).

If you want something a bit more light-hearted, I recommend the Grisaia series.  It has a balance of funny and serious moments and Angelic Howl (Amane's route) in Fruit Of Grisaia is just incredible. I would also recommend Sharin no Kuni which is similar to Grisaia, but instead of focusing on characters like how Grisaia does, it focuses more on plot.

Other recommendations: G senjou no maou, Ever17, Zero Escape, Danganronpa, Ace Attorney (especially Trials and Tribulations), Steins Gate

I wanted to recommend Fate Stay Night but you said you didn't like magic :/

Edited by wei123