Share your wisdom with me I know you want to.

BlackCatPrincess

Hi everybody so as you can see I am in need of some quality Visual Novels. 

Of course there is a link to my vndb but knowing that everyone ( including me ) is waaaaay to noble to be bothered witch such a minor affairs as clicking an URL :leecher:

so I prepared a list of things I expect from to-be-recomended VN's. BEHOLD, HERE BE IT!!

First thing first. I don't consider myself a lolicon, however I am not completely against the idea. A good loli route is something that can hit the spot sometimes.

As a setup I prefer real life? ( I mean not distant past, or future no magic, but spookynes the x-files style is more than welcome!!) so real life, supernatural is ok , but hey if you think there is a VN  that has dragons in space, lasers, magic and stuff and is life-changing good then yes please.

No BL. Unless it is life-changing good (not sure I want to change that part of my life tho) 

Yuri - yesyesyesyes anything decent will do:sacchan:

Gore- not a fan of this

Not sure how to put this so lets just say that SchoolDaysness :notlikemiya:(ohgod) is what I like and by that I mean all emotional fuckupness, suicides, murders, masturbating with a framed picture of a boy you like 

are all ok with me.

Comedy - good comedy is always good, I think I mentioned this in my every post so far, but I loved Neptunia series so anything equally funny, similar pweety pleaseee~:sachi:

Since I dont want to constrain you guys with too many conditions please recomend me anything that left somehow impressed you and reminded you why do you like VN's

THANKS.

Based on your VNDB, I'd say you haven't read enough serious VNs (besides apparently Subahibi). Here are some VNs I'd recommend. Warning. There are a lot.

• Himawari
  • Ever17
  • Steins;Gate and Steins;Gate 0
  • The House in Fata Morgana
  • Cartagra and Kara no Shoujo 1 and 2
  • Grisaia no Kajitsu series
  • Root Double
  • Tokyo Babel
  • Enigma
  • MYTH
  • Saya no Uta

Have fun. You'll be quizzed on these later. :makina:

Alright, lemme try to get something you'd like.

Symphonic Rain looks like it'd be right up your alley. It starts off somewhat slow, but you gave Clannad a 10/10 so it shouldn't be an issue there, since it's still light years faster than that. Seems to fit the other criteria too. For something that's clear and fucked up from the start, you might be really into Saya no Uta, though.

Lesse. For yuri, if it's only translated games, Katahane, probably.

I'd recommend a couple dozen more games, but I like doing smaller recommendations not to overwhelm people. 

Also hey, Neptunia. You have good taste, since Blanc is the best of them. I used Neptune as an avatar for a year or so. 

3 minutes ago, Thatcomicguy said:

Sounds like a challenge :wahaha:  

In seriousness though looking at you're VNDB you can still be called a noobie to the VN world so when in doubt bust this guide out.AtfhUOI.jpg

I still don't get why that hasn't been updated, especially because there have been some really great VNs that have come out since that got made. Not saying it doesn't have good choices by any means. It's just that I can see a lot of spots that can be either replaced by better choices or some more spots could be added.

I dunno why I ranted on this. Just ignore me. :marie:

1 minute ago, VirginSmasher said:

I still don't get why that hasn't been updated, especially because there have been some really great VNs that have come out since that got made. Not saying it doesn't have good choices by any means. It's just that I can see a lot of spots that can be either replaced by better choices or some more spots could be added.

I dunno why I ranted on this. Just ignore me. :marie:

Just because of that last sentence I'm now going to stalk you forever :ren:

Yeah I agree the list is a little dated now with entries like Hatoful Boyfriend but it's still good to whip out every now and then... just not in public 

9 minutes ago, Thatcomicguy said:

Sounds like a challenge :wahaha: 

You called? :makina: Oh shit, the one I would recommend was in jp only, damn.

22 minutes ago, tahu157 said:

This one will change your life:

https://vndb.org/v13259

9 minutes ago, Thatcomicguy said:

Damn casual it's clearly this - https://vndb.org/v19783

Both of you are wrong. It's this one: https://vndb.org/v16096

Now for the serious recommendation... I think you might like Grisaia!

2 minutes ago, MaggieROBOT said:

Strange all the photo's for that VN are blank...

And sorry @BlackCatPrincess it seems I summoned our BL Goddess to this thread, now you'll be a faithful BL lover in no time. :notlikemiya: 

Well judging by your intro you are used to being in cramped quarters with four people so I'll recommend you check out Ever 17

If you like Yuri check out Flowers -Le Volume sur Printemps

or Nurse Love Addiction

Hey check out Campus Notes Forget Me Not I liked it so much I even reviewed the damn game

7 minutes ago, MaggieROBOT said:

phff bunch of plebeians recognize true glory

https://vndb.org/v18032

If you don't mind free stuff, I suggest playing through CUPID, One Thousand Lies and Doki Doki Literature Club. And if you want to find more recommendation for western-produced VNs, you can follow the link in my signature. ;]

EDIT: And if you like yuri, Flowers -Le Volume sur Printemps- is the second best thing available in English, after Kindred Spirits on the Roof. And you can grab Spirits for very little money in a charity bundle right now.

Edited by Plk_Lesiak

Yeah!!! Just as expected from superior vn lovers race, a decent amount of stuff that I probably am going to like:Chocola:

@VirginSmasher - Looks like this is a list of mustreads, I didnt't finish Suba Hibi yet, the second chapter is just annoying...

What's up with weird paint made vns?? :P 

33 minutes ago, Kaguya said:

Alright, lemme try to get something you'd like.

Symphonic Rain looks like it'd be right up your alley. It starts off somewhat slow, but you gave Clannad a 10/10 so it shouldn't be an issue there, since it's still light years faster than that. Seems to fit the other criteria too. For something that's clear and fucked up from the start, you might be really into Saya no Uta, though.

Lesse. For yuri, if it's only translated games, Katahane, probably.

I'd recommend a couple dozen more games, but I like doing smaller recommendations not to overwhelm people. 

Also hey, Neptunia. You have good taste, since Blanc is the best of them. I used Neptune as an avatar for a year or so. 

That is actually very considerate of you not to dump +20 recommendations on me. We all know this genre takes time. Neptunia FTW I put a Blanc over there as a reminder, since I struggle to write a book for almost two years and it's not going fast. To write and publish something is an old dream of mine. Yep I think Clannad  is awsome. I am sure to play Rewrite one day, I read that they are going to release it in English. Cant wait. 

@Thatcomicguy Thanks for the poster thingy, outdated or not doesn't matter it's going to be usefull 

@MaggieROBOT Plees dont convert me to BL

27 minutes ago, Ranzo said:

WTF? but a huge part of me wants to play it :D 

28 minutes ago, Ranzo said:

Campus Notes Forget Me Not I liked it so much I even reviewed the damn game

thats a serious recommendation 

There is just so much to read...

@Plk_Lesiak freebies , why not :D

Just now, BlackCatPrincess said:

@VirginSmasher - Looks like this is a list of mustreads, I didnt't finish Suba Hibi yet, the second chapter is just annoying...

What's up with weird paint made vns?? :P 

I can get past weird art as long as there's a great story behind it. Trust me, it's worth continuing through that chapter. Subahibi's quite the interesting work and I think you'll begin to like it a lot more later on.

3 minutes ago, VirginSmasher said:

I can get past weird art as long as there's a great story behind it. Trust me, it's worth continuing through that chapter. Subahibi's quite the interesting work and I think you'll begin to like it a lot more later on.

Yeah I am sure of that. This vn refers to some serious art, philosophy, anime, real events so it can't be all wrong. Excuse me ... I wasa just taking a break from it that all :P

1 minute ago, BlackCatPrincess said:

Yeah I am sure of that. This vn refers to some serious art, philosophy, anime, real events so it can't be all wrong. Excuse me ... I wasa just taking a break from it that all :P

You'll find that with me that I don't take breaks from serious VNs. I just love them too much.

43 minutes ago, MaggieROBOT said:

I also think Grisaia fits most of your requirements.

1 hour ago, BlackCatPrincess said:

all emotional fuckupness, suicides, murders, masturbating with a framed picture of a boy you like 

Then why haven't you finished SubaHibi yet? :makina:

Other than that, you requirements are a bit broad. And since you haven't read that many VNs yet, then maybe try to look through top-20 highest rated VNs on VNDB and pick up something you find interesting.

1 hour ago, Thatcomicguy said:

Damn casual it's clearly this - https://vndb.org/v19783

A strong contender but I am confident Love Love Chau will remain supreme.

52 minutes ago, MaggieROBOT said:

What is this, a gallery of urban landscape photographs?

45 minutes ago, Ranzo said:

Gonna be honest, that one seems like it's a little bit /too/ self-aware. Love Love Chau is funny because pretends to not know how bad it is.