Where are the Dies Irae script files?

tahu157

Right now I'm rooting around in the files of the Dies Irae steam release. I'm looking for the scripts files but for the life of me I cannot find them. There are 3 archives, data1.dat, data2.dat, and data3.dat. data1.dat contains the images, sound effects, and bgm. data2.dat contains all of the voices, and from what I can tell data3.dat mostly contains menu files and images. Everything in data2.dat is a .ogg file from what I can see so I'm pretty sure the script files aren't in that archive. data1.dat and data3.dat are an absolute maze of subdirectories though so I can't find what I'm looking for. I've encountered plenty of text files but none of them seem to be the actual scripts. The script files also don't seem like they're outside the archives either.

Does anyone happen to know where exactly the Dies Irae script files are?

On 2/3/2018 at 9:28 PM, Xander said:

data 1

the scripts are inside a file named Exec 

Ah dang I thought I looked at that one too. Thanks though!

Actually, the only exec.dat I can find is in data3.dat.

On 2/3/2018 at 9:28 PM, Xander said:

data 1

the scripts are inside a file named Exec 

Yo, so I've now run into some trouble. The reason I didn't find the script files initially is because I couldn't actually open exec.dat with any of the tools I have on hand. Do you know what specifically I can use to open exec.dat?

16 hours ago, tahu157 said:

Yo, so I've now run into some trouble. The reason I didn't find the script files initially is because I couldn't actually open exec.dat with any of the tools I have on hand. Do you know what specifically I can use to open exec.dat?

Sorry, I don't know. 

22 hours ago, Huang Ling Yin said:

you can use malievm but dunno if it works with steam release...

Thanks for showing me this. However, I'm having an impossible time getting it to compile. It seems to have been written in visual studio 2013. I have visual studio 2015 and 2017 right now but neither of them will compile malievm and it doesn't look like you can get visual studio 2013 anymore. Have you personally gotten malievm to compile? If so, how did you do it?

EDIT: Snagged visual studio 2013. No luck there either.

EDIT2: It seems there were a few mistakes(?) in the code itself preventing it from compiling. I 'fixed' them and it compiles for me, but crashes immediately after startup. 

FINAL(?) EDIT: So, light script editor works okay for getting to the actual text, but its editing capabilities are too limited for what I want to do. Furthermore my attempts at repacking data3.dat proved fruitless. I'm likely not going to pursue this idea again for a while.

Edited by tahu157