The future of different western eroge publishers

bakauchuujin

1 minute ago, Mr Poltroon said:

Orrrrr it may be entirely coincidental. Translating and releasing things on your own is a much better deal than relying on publishers. Every cent goes to Frontwing now!

If anything were to truly be the cause of this 'cutting of ties', as you put it, I'd attribute it to translation speed more than anything. Frontwing bought up another English translation for Idol Michiru Whatever while Sekai Project was still translating the trilogy, and given that the translator for the trilogy, Koestl, is generally considered an excellent translator, some people were mad at Frontwing because they used an allegedly inferior translation from someone else for the Idol spin-off.
It was after this that Frontwing got a TL team of their own and started releasing the Grisaia spin-offs by themselves, and then transitioned to translating their own backlog of titles as well as producing new ones dual-language. Perhaps their dealing led them to having the opportunity to contract some translators and they decided it was a better long-term investment. Or maybe you're right.

Oh, ok then.  Thanks for clarifying.  I was under the assumption that Frontwing became independent as a result of the SP incident.

My gues would be that Frontwing either used SP to see if there was a market for their titles before themselves getting very involved or it was things like the handling of kickstarters, delays and general things related to SP being unprofessional that made them cut ties.

Edited by bakauchuujin