(02/01/18) Forums Update Report Thread

Nothing big or front-facing, but lots of behind-the-scenes updates. Search will be wonky for a few hours, but in theory it'll be more effective at parsing threads than before.

If you run into technical issues or your themes are bugging out, let me know. In theory everything should be fine, but we all know that's not the Fuwa way.

On 01/02/2018 at 11:36 PM, Tay said:

Nothing big or front-facing, but lots of behind-the-scenes updates. Search will be wonky for a few hours, but in theory it'll be more effective at parsing threads than before.

If you run into technical issues or your themes are bugging out, let me know. In theory everything should be fine, but we all know that's not the Fuwa way.

Hmmm... It is possible my memory may be failing me, but I have found that choosing a PM via the messages icon takes me to the first page of said PM conversation, whereas before I was taken to the latest post. There used to be some instances where it did indeed take me to the first page, such as when I selected a PM from the 'Messages' tab to the left of an already loaded PM.
As I'm sure I've been crystal clear with my description, I expect my issues to be fixed within the hour. Swift and prompt. Very good.

Additionally, the 'Back to Top' button was surreptitiously eliminated a few updates ago, but know that I miss it dearly still, @Tay.

On 2/2/2018 at 6:45 AM, Zander said:

xhwX5lp.png

Is this a technical issue, sir? Or is there some undemocratic tampering going on here?

I'm going with the later lol, but it didn't matter anyway since the votes was already concluded.

As for the forum, well there's no significant change so more or less it's still fine to me.

18 hours ago, Mr Poltroon said:

Hmmm... It is possible my memory may be failing me, but I have found that choosing a PM via the messages icon takes me to the first page of said PM conversation, whereas before I was taken to the latest post. There used to be some instances where it did indeed take me to the first page, such as when I selected a PM from the 'Messages' tab to the left of an already loaded PM.
As I'm sure I've been crystal clear with my description, I expect my issues to be fixed within the hour. Swift and prompt. Very good.

41 minutes ago, mitchhamilton said:

okay, got a report to make. you know how you get a new message notification and you messages icon on the top right corner and click on your pm then it takes you to the first new message you havent seen? well for me its now taking me to the first page of the pm group out of like 157 pages.

Hm. Just in case I haven't made myself sufficiently clear, my issue is the very same one as the one reported here.

• 1 month later...
On 2/2/2018 at 5:18 PM, Mr Poltroon said:

Additionally, the 'Back to Top' button was surreptitiously eliminated a few updates ago, but know that I miss it dearly still, @Tay.

LOL