When do you consider a VN to be "finished" in your read-through?

snowbell55

When do you consider a VN to be finished?  

54 members have voted

1. 1. When do you consider a VN to be finished?

• When I've completed the true route (if there is one)
    • When I've completed any route to a formal end
    • When I've completed all main routes (except hidden ones)
    • When I've completed all routes, as well as hidden routes.
    • When I've completed everything: main and hidden routes, CGs, all of it.

If there is true route I obviously wanna play it, so in that case I would consider it finished when I unlock all the requirements for the true route plus the route itself. If there isn't true route, then I'm done with it as soon as I finish all the routes that I'm interested in. I don't usually bother to complete 100% just because. Not worth the time and I don't read VNs to bore myself to death, but to ward my boredom off. 

Last year I started to read actively Visual Novels and I learned that I should just play the routes I like.
Because Visual Novel's should be a FUN hobby to RELIEVE your STRESS (e.g. you are finally done with your exams) and other people just want to FORGET the REALITY. Therefore why should you read something that bores you? (If you are a M then it's okay, but unfortunately I am not one.)

But if I hear that one Route is very good even if I don't like the girl then I will read it. 

However I am finished with a VN until I played all Heroine's route I like. 

Edited by -soraa

It depends on the game for me.

Sometimes I don't feel like I have completed the game until I know I have read all the dialogue, seen all the CGs etc. But other times I just do the routes I want, then consider myself done.

Generally I do prefer completing everything, but I do still think I have "completed the VN" if I do the routes I wanted, and leave it at that.