NekoNyan, New Localization Company from Saku Saku Translation Team

littleshogun

So yeah, they have a new company and surprisingly they already have five projects planned. One of those was Fureraba which is already both of fully translated and edited, and planned to be released at March. As for me, well I think it should be good if we have another VN localization company I guess, although some of you may have different opinion in regard of this though. Oh, here's the link to the company website if you curious, and here's Chuee tweet in regard of his involvement below.

PS - I realize that in regard both of Saku Saku and Hoshimemo some of the members here have the issue. But still, I'd quite interested with Fureraba for a while so I would like to look forward in regard of this the past issue aside.

PPS - As for my opinion in regard of the licensed title, I would say that other than Fureraba I also interested with Sanoba Witch as well because it's from Yuzusoft which is should be good, and the alternative costumes for two of the heroines remind me of magical girls lol. As for Hello Good Bye, looks like it'll be an interesting title so I'll keep my eyes on that as well especially with tarot style in the opening (Remind me of Persona). For the last two, I think Suki to Suki to Sankaku de Ren'ai (I'll call it Sukiren) was quite a bit unusual if only apparently it have some parody in regard of the otaku culture. No comment from Melty Moment, other than it looks the least interesting to me for now.

Edited by littleshogun

You have one opportunity to make a first impression.  It's never a good sign when someone blows it in an easily avoidable way, like not having an editor go over the first thing people see when they go to your website.  "Under the slogan" is not really a thing, and the bit under "What do we do" is a run-on.  Their announcement is also rife with poor word choices and stuff that's too wordy and reads poorly.  None of these, individually, are all that bad.  But they imply a lack of attention to detail, and that is bad.  That's very bad.

I'm also concerned that TheChuee's defense of the work on HoshiMemo isn't "here are the reasons why the review is wrong / takes things out of context/ out of proportion" but essentially "ehh, who gives a shit?".

Edit: That first part was me not quite understanding that TheChuee was commenting on something someone else did.  He didn't do that.  I apologize to him, and have edited out the offending reference.

Edited by Nandemonai

1 hour ago, jetpack003 said:

I've said it in Fuwanovel's blog and I'll say it again: There's too much moe for me to handle!

If their localisations are top-notch then I'll become a fan of their works. It'll be on my list to get my VNs from.

Yeah, way too much moe, although all the titles they picked up have generally good ratings on VNDB.

Well, look at this. Another random TL company that I probably can't trust dipping their toes in the water of localization. I don't know why 2 companies have popped up over the past few months, but it's clear that they're targeting moege, which by all accounts is a genre I hate and wouldn't care if nothing from the genre ever got localized again.

Anyways, the guy who's running it had a real shaky time with HoshiMemo, so I doubt anything that they'd put out right off of the bat.

I do admire their ambition, but pushing more moege into this cesspool of a niche hobby definitely doesn't have me excited. Save for Hello Goodbye. I'd actually try that one out.

33 minutes ago, novurdim said:

Well, after reading chuee's amusing ranting, I'm pretty sure the translation will be shaky at best, but probably nothing we can't handle.

Though with a name like that, it's unlikely they will ever localise anything even remotely "serious", sigh.

Tis unfortunate, but we plot lovers will just have to wait for a random localization company to specialize in those types of games. The only problem is how little money they'd make from localizing such games

42 minutes ago, novurdim said:

Well, after reading chuee's amusing ranting, I'm pretty sure the translation will be shaky at best, but probably nothing we can't handle.

Though with a name like that, it's unlikely they will ever localise anything even remotely "serious", sigh.

Hello,good-bye is fairly serious. Not Fate/Stay Night levels of serious, but still.

Edited by Funnerific

4 hours ago, Kirashi said:

Never heard anything about this company. Who are they and since when they exist? How are they related to sasaku team?

As for who they are, Akerou was the one who translated Saku Saku that was released back at October by Sekai and Chuee was the editor. They already exist since back at 2014, and actually Saku Saku was used to be one of translation project at this community - you could view the translation thread at this link. They also retranslated Hoshimemo as well, although in regard of that their translation was quite problematic to say the least and it was also have untranslated text issue as well which is quite unfortunate.

For the translation in regard of their VNs, I admit that to be honest I wouldn't care too much in regard of the translation, and therefore I'm pretty much okay as long as I get more VNs translated - if anything at least it shouldn't be Flyable Heart translation level lol. To each of their own in regard of that I suppose.

Personally I really like that they plan on releasing physical and not use kickstarter. Also nice to see that they seem yo push for mosaic free and have free patches for steam. So in terms of how they plan to release the things they seem very interesting to me. Really hope the translation won't be bad, a bit worriesome hearing the opinions on some of the translators previous translations.

4 minutes ago, ShinRaikdou said:

Where did you see that? Uncensored doesn't mean without mosaic.

3 of their titles are listed as mosaic free while the two other they said that nothing was drawn under the mosaic. 3 out of 5 and actually giving understandible reasons for why the remaining 2 aren't seems to be pretty good. Espesially considering the titles are moege.

Edited by bakauchuujin

3 minutes ago, bakauchuujin said:

3 of their titles are listed as mosaic free while the two other they said that nothing was drawn under the mosaic. 3 out of 5 and actually giving understandible reasons for why the remaining 2 aren't seems to be pretty good. Espesially considering the titles are moege.

Oh, thanks, forgot to look into game pages on website.

Sanoba Witch without mosaic would be awesome... Lazy Yuzusoft...

Btw how bad was HoshiMemo translation actually? Was it generally shit or was it mainly problems with there being a lack of quality check, like the untranslated lines. If it is just a lack of quality checking I think that should be easy to fix, but it probably is difficult for a translator to quickly improve in regards to making things feel natural with their translation, so if the overall translation quality is bad on it I gues that is a pretty bad sign.

Edited by bakauchuujin

Too much Moe for me.

Seriously 4 of the 5 games are light-hearted SoL, Comedy and Romance VN's. At the first impression they all look like standard moege VN's with a cliche story. 
I mean it's okay if they want to bring out more VN's to the west but they shouldn't just focus on one type of VN's.
It's just like they want to say: "We should just focus on one target-group!" ...
In my case I would be more happy with more Drama and less Comedy or a unique Romance VN with a great story. I am not really a Fan of too much comedy without a story or with just a complete SoL & Romance VN where nothing happens till the end. 
Like I said it's okay if they want to bring more Romance VN's to the west but for the future I hope they pick more interesting VN's.

Before we start to think about the future we should wait if the translation is actually good. 

At the moment I am just interested in Sonoba Witch and Hello, good-bye. In the last few days I started to read Dracu-Riot and I really like this game. Altough I hate Noble Works. But Yuzusoft did actually a good job in Dracu-Riot and I am quite looking forward in their other games. 
Hello, good-bye seems like a interessting romance VN with a good story.

Edited by -soraa

2 hours ago, -soraa said:

Too much Moe for me.

Seriously 4 of the 5 games are light-hearted SoL, Comedy and Romance VN's. At the first impression they all look like standard moege VN's with a cliche story. 
I mean it's okay if they want to bring out more VN's to the west but they shouldn't just focus on one type of VN's.
It's just like they want to say: "We should just focus on one target-group!" ...
In my case I would be more happy with more Drama and less Comedy or a unique Romance VN with a great story. I am not really a Fan of too much comedy without a story or with just a complete SoL & Romance VN where nothing happens till the end. 
Like I said it's okay if they want to bring more Romance VN's to the west but for the future I hope they pick more interesting VN's.

Before we start to think about the future we should wait if the translation is actually good. 

At the moment I am just interested in Sonoba Witch and Hello, good-bye. In the last few days I started to read Dracu-Riot and I really like this game. Altough I hate Noble Works. But Yuzusoft did actually a good job in Dracu-Riot and I am quite looking forward in their other games. 
Hello, good-bye seems like a interessting romance VN with a good story.

I agree. These vn's were interesting in the beginning but im kind of sick and tired of them. If people want vn's to become more popular in the west, one important thing is picking interesting vn's. I have a hard time thinking that people not already into vn's find moe vn's particularly appealing.

3 hours ago, -soraa said:

What wrong with it?

Moe genre sells better than another pseudo-serious vn's. There are plenty of people like me who prefer "standard moege VN's with a cliche story" even after hundreds of them (btw, for me "Hello, good-bye" less appealing than others). So, calling it a "bad decision" because "you" don't like that genre, sounds like a desperate cry. It is like complaining that they do not choose otomes, traps, bl, yuri and etc.

I won't say moege ultimately better that nakige , but many people preferring one for other. Like Aksys games has there niche with Otome games, now we have moege company.

Not to mention people who reading vn's like date sims for escapism and can't handle psychological stuff with depressing ending after depressing ending. (I think there plenty of them, looking on moege sales)

So, NekoNyan, you have my acknowledgment of your decision and I'll buy 4/5 of your games (Should find a info about Hello, good-bye endings...)

Edited by ShinRaikdou