Are you interested in helping moderate the forums?

After talking with the rest of the active fuwa moderation team, we have decided to recruit a new board moderator. We have very few frequent staff users, and if one of us must be absent for a while because of real life issues, the forums often end up on the hands of just one or two people for up to a week, which can lead to slow report resolution and other general moderation ungoodness.

Well then, without ado, ripping off Tay's post from 2014:

Job Description: Board Moderator

Requirements:

1- At least 2-3 months of experience on the site
2- Active user
3- At least 50 posts
4- A desire to help out and keep the forums organized!

Duties: What will board moderators do?

1- Work with a global moderator to keep an assigned forum organized: topic moves, keeping 'derailing' to an acceptable level, reporting rule violations, helping new members find their way around your forum
2- Be responsible to brainstorm ways to make your forum better
3- Help people have fun and get to know each other
4- ( New!) Handling user reports

What board moderators are NOT:

Secret police, spies, thought control agents, or dictators over their forum

You will be given access to a neat handbook to reference, and I'll be available to help you out with whatever questions you might have, so no need to fear not being suitable for the position because you don't have any moderating experience or something :mare:

If you're interested in the position, feel free to post in this thread or send me a PM with a self-introduction, why you want to become a board moderator and anything you might want to add to that.

• Kaguya pinned this topic

Yes, I have authoritarian tendencies though (I used to be an admin on a wiki that required some heavy-handed aproach to keep things in any kind of order, but I think I already have a proper feel on what's acceptable and what's not around here).

I have a few quite busy weeks ahead of me, but one of my activities might actually including reading through everything ever written on the translation subforums for my university project. Even if that doesn't happen, after February I should be back to spending unreasonable amounts of time on the Forums, just like it was in December and first half of January. 

EDIT: As for my motivations, I spend so much time on the Forums that I simply have the ability to counteract some problems lowering everyone's enjoyment around here, including my own. 

Edited by Plk_Lesiak

Asonn here, applying for mod to keep the shitposters under my thumb. (Yes, talking to you @BerryBanAndSomething )

1. 2+ years of experienced shitposting (low quality posts tho)

2. I'm still posting, till this day. I wish I was as active with my work out, so I would lose some pounds :badnicoman:

3. Not above the 2k post count. Should increase a lot when I can act as a sekret polizei. 

4. I can't stand when a shitpost is not placed in the right place. I will move all of @Kiriririri post to the Coliseum of Chatter, where it belongs.

いずれ俺の秘めた能力の開放の時が来ると思ったが、今のは早いだろうなぁ。俺の規律の剣でフワをふわふわにすればどれ程力を尽くすのも一生懸命で為すだぜ。

寄り寄りあろう汚しとした、日本語の能力を舐める書き込み事は俺の最大のミッション。例えばこの野郎:

phoDR49.png

この愚者ゴミの対策にて俺の力が欲しければ、何時でも声をかけても良い。

そしてDarkyを食え、EliasをAdminに!

こんにちは、もしくはこんばんは。新米なものですから、よろしくお願いします<(_ _)>
なんでもしますから!(なんでもするとはいってない)

まぁ、見た目はこんな感じですが本当に本気です!(たぶん)
いろんなユーザーを手伝うや教える経験があります。自分をあまり高評価しませんがmodとして案外相応しいであるかもしれません☆

こんな感じですかね。僕のこともう知っていますからかなり長いやつは両方とももいやでしょう。

Hello, I might be inexperienced but please take care of me. :wafuu:
I'll do anything to become a mod. (I didn't say I would do anything.)

Well, I might be like this but I'm actually serious! (Maybe)
I have experience of helping and teaching various users. I don't really value myself high but I might be surprisingly suitable as a mod actually :mare:

Something like this maybe? You already know about me anyways so a long one would be annoying for both of us right.

My dream Is to become a walkthrough Mod! And finally fix the borked images from the guides here! :mare:

But that is it, it is just a dream. So I'll go away...

1 minute ago, Plk_Lesiak said:

That should totally be a thing though. And I think board mod tools would be enough to do that?

Yeah, maybe. :kosame:

A boyo can Dream I guess...

Edited by Guest

Looks like an interesting offer here, seeing that I was used to be quite interested to become one in the past. Then again, it came with a lot of responsibilities so I'm not sure if I'm up to the task here. Even so, I would like to make this forum as the good public place so hopefully if I'm become one I'll try my best to do that. But if I'm not chosen here, I just hope that whoever the board mod is can be make this forum a better public place.

PS - As for the public place that I said, I was inspired from another mod who say the forum was should be treated as the public place, because other than user there will be some guest who didn't have the account that browse this site.

I have been around for quite a while, and have always wanted to do more for the site. This is a perfect chance for that. I was among the people you recruited for the now very dead Chatmodchan project. While that didn't last long, I feel like I did a good job in terms of moderation back then, and I have only learned more about the site etc since then. 

I'm very familiar with the forum rules, and report any case I see of people breaking them. 

I have Fuwa set as my homepage, so I'm pretty much always on while I'm awake. 

Omg Dergonu should be a mod, I been assuming he's a mod for so long lol. I mean the guy is so helpful and active here, also he's approachable so new members wouldn't have a problem going to him if they have issues or questions. Think the guy fulfils fuwa's criteria of how a moderator should be. 

Seniorblitz should be a walkthrough mod if a role like that exist, that place belongs to him now lol. He's been pumping that board full of info for awhile now. Even if there isn't a role like that, he should probably get some recognition for it lol, like how jun got that little nod in "post pictures your like", that powered by thing.

Anyway just suggestions from a regular member :yumiko:. Well Kaguya already knows about Derg actually lol. 

Edited by DharmaFreedom

14 hours ago, Kaguya said:

After talking with the rest of the active fuwa moderation team, we have decided to recruit a new board moderator. We have very few frequent staff users, and if one of us must be absent for a while because of real life issues, the forums often end up on the hands of just one or two people for up to a week, which can lead to slow report resolution and other general moderation ungoodness.

Well then, without ado, ripping off Tay's post from 2014:

Job Description: Board Moderator

Requirements:

1- At least 2-3 months of experience on the site
2- Active user
3- At least 50 posts
4- A desire to help out and keep the forums organized!

Duties: What will board moderators do?

1- Work with a global moderator to keep an assigned forum organized: topic moves, keeping 'derailing' to an acceptable level, reporting rule violations, helping new members find their way around your forum
2- Be responsible to brainstorm ways to make your forum better
3- Help people have fun and get to know each other
4- ( New!) Handling user reports

What board moderators are NOT:

Secret police, spies, thought control agents, or dictators over their forum

You will be given access to a neat handbook to reference, and I'll be available to help you out with whatever questions you might have, so no need to fear not being suitable for the position because you don't have any moderating experience or something :mare:

If you're interested in the position, feel free to post in this thread or send me a PM with a self-introduction, why you want to become a board moderator and anything you might want to add to that.

Me.

4 hours ago, Huang Ling Yin said:

will not apply on this but if i can nominate someone, it would be either Silvz or SeniorBlitz

You can't nominate, your comment will be removed immediately. Happened to me :amane: [all i said was derg will be a good mod and seniorblitz for walkthrough], well this is probably going to get removed too.

Btw, you guys should probably add [to the main post] that confidence votes for applicants and comments from non applicants will be removed. Its kind of crappy to have my comment removed when I'm not saying anything negative or breaking any site rules. 

Edited by DharmaFreedom

2 hours ago, DharmaFreedom said:

You can't nominate, your comment will be removed immediately. Happened to me :amane: [all i said was derg will be a good mod and seniorblitz for walkthrough], well this is probably going to get removed too.

Btw, you guys should probably add [to the main post] that confidence votes for applicants and comments from non applicants will be removed. Its kind of crappy to have my comment removed when I'm not saying anything negative or breaking any site rules. 

We had a chain of a few posts in the same minutes that were completely offtopic, and yours was just caught up in the middle of them when I was mass-hiding. My bad! 

• Kaguya unpinned this topic
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Can I get board mod powers? Not that there's much going on around here, but by this point seeing a bot spam all over the place and being able to do anything is kind of depressing, as one of the last people that sit here all the time. Also, it's not like I can make thing much more dead with my interventions, so there's little risk involved. :meguface:

16 hours ago, Plk_Lesiak said:

Can I get board mod powers? Not that there's much going on around here, but by this point seeing a bot spam all over the place and being able to do anything is kind of depressing, as one of the last people that sit here all the time. Also, it's not like I can make thing much more dead with my interventions, so there's little risk involved. :meguface:

Only after me

• Emi locked this topic